main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TF.N] TFN publishing a magazine.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by beezel26, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The Insider is sent out to Hyperspace members as part of what they paid for. Of course it can always be purchased at a store. I suppose if you're not a Hyperspace member, you can still get just the magazine by normal subscription. It's a good question. I don't know. I get mine through Hyperspace. I never bought or received the Insider before I signed up for Hyperspace.

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I suppose if you're not a Hyperspace member, you can still get just the magazine by normal subscription.

No, you can't actually. It's all a package deal now. Hyperspace is no longer the name of just the exclusive online content, it's the name of the official fan club. Membership comes with online access and an Insider subscription. The only way to get the Insider without being in the fan club and getting online access is to buy it in the store.

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I guess the positive side is that it's still offered in the stores.

4. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I don't consider it positive that I've been getting the Insider for years by subscription and now if I want it renewed, I'll be forced to pay for Hyperspace as well. [face_plain]

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Me neither. All this is is a desperate attempt by LFL to get more people to subscribe to Hyperspace. Insider is basically a throw-in at this point, pretty much an afterthought after Hyperspace. Well, I personally have zero interest in Hyperspace and see no reason to renew once my subscription runs out. Ill just start picking it up at the newsstands without dealing with that other garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.