main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Academy Awards Nominations

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by thescavenger, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Yes. In honor of your alias, I must say that General Grievous was a far better actor than anyone in TFA...

I get super emotional every time he coughs. Inspires a lot of empathy.

2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Palpatine and Obi-Wan are the only decent performances in that movie. The rest (particularly Samuel Jackson oddly enough) are stilted as hell.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  3. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

Samuel L Jackson is a good actor... but casting him as Mace Windu was a HUGE mistake. He was terrible as Windu; it's simply not the kind of character he plays well.

4. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Casting Director: Ok, now we have Mace Windu. Mace is basically the most sedate Jedi there is. In fact, he's so powerful that he's just super bored about everything that's happening around him. Passionless to the extreme.

George Lucas: Oh, I know! Samuel Jackson. Amirite!!?

Casting Director: Er, are you sure you're thinking of the right person? You know, this guy?

[​IMG]

George Lucas: Exactly! He's the one. Let's get his agent on the phone pronto.

Casting Director: Ok, George. Whatever you want.

Agent M, Darth__Lobot and Howard Hand like this.
  5. RinaRayLove

RinaRayLove Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2016
    I thought Rey was great in TFA. And that scene with Ren n Han was amazing. I hope TFA wins an Oscar for something. I'm not expecting them to win all 5 but 1 Oscar would b kinda nice. And I find Oscars as a joke cuz Leonardo DiCaprio can't even win an Oscar n hes an awesome actor. He should've won for Wolf of Wall Street but Oscars is just a joke.

6. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    That's why I'm hoping that Leonardo finally wins his long-awaited Oscar for Best Actor this year... And if someone else wins it, these Academy Awards are nothing but a travesty - for both me and my friend the Millennium Falcon!

And as for TFA, winning five Oscars is definitely a long shot but I think the one that the film has the best chance is the Best Visual Effects award... As well as Best Original Score, hopefully!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.