main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA and the "Balance of the Force"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by spacename_the_name, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    So ROTJ basically ended with the fulfillment of "the prophecy".

Balance was restored to the Force.

But...

What does that mean? What happens when the balance is restored?

Did Luke still have Force powers after he killed the Emperor?

Why didn't he just use the Force to move his dad?

Is this what "The Force Awakens" means?

2. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    When did Luke kill the Emperor?

EviL_eLF likes this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    did you forget the scene where Luke switches his being/soul/essence with Vader???:p

EviL_eLF, plaidphoenix and Rabs like this.
  4. spacename_the_name

Feb 5, 2005
    Okay, so I've had a few beers. After Anakin killed the Emperor.

But still

What does the Balance of the Force mean?

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    It seems that I did.:oops:

spacename_the_name I'll let you know when I see the movie. Have no clue where they're going with it.

starocean90 likes this.
  6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    He'd look a lot more suspicious to the panicking Imperials around him if he walks thru the halls floating Vader's dying body like Han's carbonite slab. He likely was ignored by others because A) holy crap the Executor crashed into our space station, guyz! and B) he's in all-black, looking rather Imperial himself at a glance, and if he wants to be the fool to help Vader and risk his wrath when he wakes up, more power to him. But, turn that into floaty-Vader being pushed or towed along by a guy walking with his eyes closed, that's something worth investigating, or shooting ("I'm gonna save Vader from the wizard abducting him!")

But the real reasons probably boil down to budget, or perhaps nobody thought of it. There probably wasn't a whole lot of questioning going on... "Um, hey, I got promoted to Admiral in the last movie. Why is my badge small again? Did I get demoted? What? Shut up and just do the scene? Okay, yes, my apologies."

As for the balance... according to official sources, it just meant the stain of the dark side was removed with the destruction of the Sith. Doesn't mean all evil was gone, or that the dark side wouldn't lure any new recruits... it was just a malignant tumor that was cut away. That's about it. If rumors of Luke growing tremendously in power are to be believed, his fear of that power causes him to isolate himself; the most powerful Force user in the galaxy takes himself off the field, and isn't passing his knowledge on, so essentially the Force is taking a nap due to that. But a new power in the dark side could be what 'awakens'... and/or whoever it is that has tapped into the dark side (or wants to tap into it) seeks out Luke, to gain or use his power, along with heroes seeking a mentor/relative/friend, so in drawing Luke out from his funk, the Force is awakened once more in the galaxy. Something like that.

Miles Lodson and EviL_eLF like this.
  7. spacename_the_name

Feb 5, 2005

Hey guys, check this guy out. Go be spot on in another thread.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    EviL_eLF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.