main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Continuity Errors

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Worker11811, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    Good points. Stimpy might have been one of the knights of Ren. It's not out of character to be lead by Ren for him. but it's hard to tell with the helmets.

The real question is if Ren & Stimpy is part of the new canon or Legends. Because the comics were printed by MARVEl...and guess who owns marvel? Disney. You know what else Disney owns? Star Wars.

Kylo Stimpy CONFIRMED!

2. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, you see, the cat got out while they were interrogating Poe, and now Poe—oh, wait, wrong Oscar Isaac movie

3. Worker11811

Worker11811 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 6, 2016

Stuff and nonsense! That's not the litter box. It's the ashes of Darth Vader!

4. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Why would Darth Vader's ashes be used for kitty litter?

5. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Because Obi-wan's and Palpatine's were destroyed in the DS blasts...

6. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    I get it, it's because midichloreans ...have odor eliminating powers?

That's why they need force users for kitty litter? SCIENCE!

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Agreed. That's not a plot hole at all and if you have any problem with that, it's likely you have had this problem since the first movie. There's no way that the Star Wars films have EVER suggested it takes any measurable amount of time whatsoever to travel via hyperspace to somewhere else far away. It sometimes seems to take several minutes, sure, but it never takes months or weeks or years or whatever else. It more or less is like you jump to hyperspace, you get to your destination pretty darn fast. It can happen in what seems like an instant (probably close to very close distances) or what can seem like at least several minutes (probably very far away). I'm not saying that PHYSICALLY it makes sense, but if the logic is internal to the Star Wars saga, it's fine. It's just an accepted thing.

But I do have some issue with the seeing Hosnian Prime and whatnot explode from Takodana unless it truly is right next door to her place.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  8. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Well, some supernovas can be seen by the naked eye. Of course only if they are in our galaxy, and the last time this happened was in 1604... :)

Of course we know that Hosnian was not a star, but we can suppose that since it exploded because of the energy of a star, the brightness would be comparable to a supernova.

In the official map of the SW universe, Hosnian is closer to the center of the Galaxy, while Takodana is more on the middle. But they are on the same "side" of the galaxy.

Also, we know sometimes storytellers take some creative liberties... and SW science is questionable at least...

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Rey's tears disappear when she's being interrogated by Kylo, cuz she looks like she's crying in the closeups (or at least has tears running down her cheeks) but when it cuts to the two-shot of her and Driver, I can't see anything (And she looks less sweaty). It's possible it's cobbled together from two different takes and Ridley produced tears on the closeup.

noticed it my very first showing (cuz the focus in the scene is pretty tight on Ridley) and been driving me batty ever since.

It COULD be a lighting thing between the two shots but I doubt it.

10. Worker11811

Jan 6, 2016

That's what I assumed. Ridley sure does appear to be crying on cue; fake tears are thicker, less watery.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    they shoulda CGI'd tears on her for the two-shot of her and Kylo, the discrepancy drives me batty every time (because Rey's emotion is pretty much the pivotal focus of the scene so seeing tears on the one shot shows she's in a rough place emotionally).

I ain't even kidding, they threw in a CGI Kylo Ren mask on and nobody noticed.

12. Worker11811

Jan 6, 2016

I've been trying to convince myself it's not that bed, that the tears dried up a little, evaporated during the cutaway to the reverse… I don't think it's working. Or, it'll work until I see it again...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I've pretty much convinced myself it's the lighting but she looks wayyyy sweatier and tears in her closeup. Acting matches well, though, that's the main thing.

14. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    I think because tears and sweat are clear, the angel you see it from will effect how much you see of it with the shine and direction. OS it probably is just a different shot being a different shot.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Worker11811

Jan 6, 2016
    I thought of another one. The sunset light in the opening scene.

Between the time she arrives at Nima Outpost to clean her salvage and trade with Unka Plotz, and when she allows BB8 to spend the night, the sun is up and down - shot to shot - between 10˚ above to -5˚ below horizon.

I'm going to see it again this week. It's the last week it's playing in the last place to have it…

16. Worker11811

Jan 6, 2016
    I went to see it today, probably for the last time in a theater. I think I've matched the number of times I saw ANH in the theater over the summer of '77.

I missed watching for Finn's blaster rifle, the one that Han gave him, at Kanata Castle…

I did see two things in the Big Scene on SKB; when Han sees Kylo Ren walk by, and down along the edge of the mandatory interior vastness, Ren walks right past the steps to the long catwalk. You see them, bright grey, in the lower right part of the frame.

Later when Han is talking to Ren, we cut from a reverse on Ren to Han taking another step forward, then we cut back to the revers, but Han is still the same distance, he's no closer.

17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    How many days elapse on Jakku? I wasn't sure... as there seemed to be several sunsets and sunrises.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Saw it yesterday, the BB-8 antenna thing is gonna drive me batty now that I noticed it. For the "tears", I tried to notice it less and actually concentrate on the (quite excellent) performance Driver is delivering the the wide shot but the focus of the scene is so much on Rey's emotions that I can't help but looking at her see the difference between the two shots.

Worker11811 likes this.
  19. Worker11811

Jan 6, 2016

About the tears, I watched that closely, too. And I can convince myself that at the end of the first shot her face shows less evidence of the tears, so that it's almost believable that the second shot is not dis-continuous.

20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Has anyone else seen a humanoid figure (not Rey and not Luke) sneaking around on Luke's island? I've caught a glimpse on a few viewings. Can't wait for the Blu-ray to play it back to get a better look. There's gotta be a simple explanation. Couldn't be a wayward tourist or crew person. Giant puffin?

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I think there are supposed to be anti-gravity wells in the cockpit and gun turrets...if you leave any of them, you'd tumble around like BB-8. Hence the reason Obi-Wan and Luke had to strap in when they first left Tatooine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.