main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Deleted Scenes

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Anleifr, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anleifr

Anleifr Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I never believed that the Lightsaber(with or without hand) floating in space Scene ever existed. slashfilm.com saying it existed doesn't mean anything.

DaddlerTheDalek and DarthBreezy like this.
  3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Between 10-20 deleted scenes on the blu ray!!! Awesome news right there.

I'd hate to think that Maz didn't go back to the base with them and that Lupita won't be back for Episodes 8 or 9. Certainly they didn't leave here there in the rubble and at least brought her away. They may have felt she didn't really have a purpose, but surely they saved her.

whostheBossk and DaveyWanKenobi like this.
  4. WrathofRunia

WrathofRunia Jedi Padawan

Oct 19, 2014
    I would love to see these scenes in an extended edition similar to what was released for The LOTR & Hobbit trilogies. Hopefully JJ changes his mind about director cuts. I at least need the deleted scenes and "making of" features!

Sarge and TigerCraneFist like this.
  5. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2015/12/the-deleted-scenes-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens.html

The article states that the Bluray version of the film will include 15-20 minutes of extra scenes. Including the following scenes:

- The lightsaber floating through space
    - Leia talking to Kor Sella about going on a political mission to Hosnian Prime
    - A Senate scene
    - A sequence on Takodana where Unkar Plutt tracks down Rey to get "his" ship back, with Chewie stopping him
    - Kylo Ren and Snoke talking about Darth Vader and the Clone Wars
    - Longer flashback scene, with visions of Luke losing his arm at Bespin
    - Maz handing the lightsaber to Leia
    - Kylo having an emotional moment inside the Falcon
    - A speeder bike chase on Starkiller Base

6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    sounds good so far, especially the longer flashback/vision. I also wonder why they did cut out the speeder chase . ;)

7. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Please, please, PLEASE make an extended version Disney.

Darth Krayt and dan1210 like this.
  8. Forceuser707

Forceuser707 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 23, 2015
    Cashing in too quickly. They could make more money delaying that release and putting out an Extended or Special Edition of the movie. Put out the BR of the Theatrical Release at the same time.

Hernalt and TooMuchBBQ like this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    - The lightsaber floating through space

I don't see an image of that in the Art Of book.

10. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Are these guaranteed on the blu ray or are they just speculated because of what Abrams said?

I remember the same thing about HP 8...there would be scenes of all sorts on the blu ray that never showed up. The only difference is that this time Abrams DID say that 12-20 scenes would show up on the blu ray.

I could really see them releasing the movie twice on video. A basic cut with a few deleted scenes and an extended cut with deleted scenes attached to the movie to come out for Christmas 2016.

11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Not quite. Both the original slash article and the repost by starwarsnewsnet.com are merely speculating and neither state what will be on the bluray. In fact, there's been no confirmation about what will be on bluray at all.

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  12. Phasma's Armor Polish

Phasma's Armor Polish Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    I get the feeling we'll see more scenes with Phasma both at the Jakku massacre and the battle at Maz's castle.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    How does Maz Kanata handing the lightsaber to Leia fit into the storyline? I don't get it. Is it a flashback scene? I also do not like the idea of the lightsaber floating in space with Luke's hand attached to it. It sounds silly to me.

14. Boski

Boski Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2005

I really hope they did not shoot that scene. It makes zero sense.

Baron_Papanerd and TooMuchBBQ like this.
  15. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    Phasma was on Starkiller Base at the time of the battle at Maz's

16. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I wouldn't believe any of that stuff guys unless you saw it from a teaser/trailer already. We'll get the actual blu-ray details in a few months.

Baron_Papanerd and jaqen like this.
  17. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015
    I think Chewie interaction with Rey SHOULD be in the movie.

I don't understand this cut at all.

18. Phasma's Armor Polish

Oct 29, 2015
    Is that in the Novel? How do we know that for sure? There were promo shots of her standing outside the ruins of the castle so they must have filmed scenes with her in.

19. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    She's standing behind Hux as the super weapon fires. The castle is attacked shortly there after. If there were scenes filmed with her there I'm sure they were cut for continuity reasons.

20. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    The lightsaber was probably an alternate beginning based on the lightsaber as the McGuffin. However, since they changed that whole premise, the lightsaber scene never materialized. It could have been a part of the flashback. In all honesty, how they handled the lightsaber was a lot better and more mysterious and I think that the map "drive" was a better way to go. It made for a more fluid story rather than interpreting the lightsaber. All of the questions about how things fit in with the lightsaber, the "sayonce" the importance of it really never made much logical sense and they probably realized it. The story was a LOT more understandable than MSW's call sheets.

As for Maz handing it to Leia, that could still have worked. Finn brings it to the base. Maz hands it to Leia who looks at it and gets sad about her brother. Maz tells Leia that the boy (Finn) should hold onto it since she saw Finn use it already. They can have a little talk about the girl and her importance. It would have made the Leia/Rey stuff more meaningful.

I can see it now. April will see the release of the theatrical version of the movie with some cut scenes. Then in November they release a "director's cut" of the movie with the cut scenes that fit plus a few more. Of course they won't say that now since they want both to be sold.

This is a case where I would be happy to buy both if they did that. I only ever wanted the extended versions of the Middle Earth movies. Meanwhile I only have the theatrical versions of the HP movies. For TFA, I would GLADLY buy both in a heartbeat. It's SW after all. I think others would too. Disney knows how much people want the original theatrical versions of the OT. They know how valuable the original version of TFA would be but also know that people would be curious about extended cuts. Avatar had one. Why not TFA???

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    msw still being proven right.

22. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    I like the idea of a speeder chase in the snow. The black and red speeder trooper toy is awesome.

23. Phasma's Armor Polish

Oct 29, 2015
    I would also 100% expect a scene where snowtroopers find the Millenium Falcon, in the visual art book they have a photo of them in the main hold, maybe we will get to see Kylo sit in the cockpit after all.

DaveyWanKenobi likes this.
  24. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm not really sure how a scene with Kylo inside the Falcon would have worked on Starkiller. We see him throw his fit after losing Rey, and then next we see him enter the room where Stormtroopers begin to follow him until he reaches the bridge, so he would have had to have been on the Falcon right after he leaves Rey in the interrogation room (plausible) before or just after he visits with Snoke the last time. To me it would make more sense if he's onboard the Falcon while it's parked on Takkodona. The opportunity would be there just before he confronts Rey for the first time, having possibly come upon the Falcon not long after he roams into the woods.

But then again there was the Vainity Fair shot of him in helmetless in the snow with Snowtroopers, so who knows...

25. Rancor Rider

Rancor Rider Jedi Padawan

Nov 26, 2015
    It would have been cool to see a flashback scene when Kylo sat in the chair in the Falcon. He remembers his father showing him around and explaining the controls. It would have made the bridge scene more poignant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.