main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA DVD/Blu-ray Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by shine, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Looks real good to me. Maybe have BB-8 be alittle larger since he was a pretty significant character but I like the look of it.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm guessing a lot of ppl have skimmed threw the credits on dvd/BR. Anyone know if Ewen Mcgregor is in the credits??I have but don't remember seeing his name.

3. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    I am wondering about another thing regarding the home DVD/BR release of TFA - why was the end credits music changed in the home release, compared to the theatrical one? I think the latter sounded much better.

For those who are wondering - play Jedi Steps and Finale on YT and then pop in and play your DVD or Blu-Ray of TFA (the end credits only), you will see what I am talking about.

4. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    I don't think so.

B99 likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    They changed credit music? I'll listen though.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What about Alec? Just curious.

7. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    They're both uncredited. :(

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    So I saw the deleted scene of Chewbacca ripping out the arm.

I wish they kept it in. Oh well, the scene still exists. Maybe they can have a similar scene in the Han Solo anthology.

9. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

To each their own. I think it would've distracted from the scene's narrative -- Finn choosing to leave and the distress that causes him and Rey on account of how attached they've become to each other. Plutt's scene, as shown from the Blu-Ray, interrupts the flow of that, since it's sandwiched between Rey going after Finn and her actually tying to talk him out of leaving her.

The scene is canonical, thanks to the novelization utilizing it, however the book places it after Finn leaves (Rey wanders off upset, is surprised by Plutt, Chewie saves the say, and Rey then hears the Force vision that leads her to the cellar). Frankly, I find that a more logical place to put the incident, but I think the actual deleted scene's placement when Rey is going after Finn is the "true" version, since that's the only place to put it without continuity errors.

11-4D and Ricardo Funes like this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I enjoy seeing Chewbacca rip his arm out, but I think it's better with the scene not included. Unkar Plutt being there is kind of unnecessary; his character was better left behind on Jakku.

11-4D and Ricardo Funes like this.
  11. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    So there's no stereo track? That's a shame. The 5.1 track sounds very unoptimized when listening on headphones.

Anyway, I tried out the 3D disc. Pretty good, though it's no Jurassic Park 3D.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was thinking about this and concur. Plutt showing up there at roughly the same time as the people he was tracking makes it clear he is in the wrong business. Forget trash dealer... bloke is a better bounty hunter than both Fetts.

13. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

The novelization established that he had a tracker on the ship and that it was worth it to him to follow it (either the ship was that valuable to him, he really wanted revenge on the thieves, or both). So it wasn't exactly a hard job for him.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The timing. They have barely had time to sit down with Maz and Plutt tracked them through their hyperspace jump and arrived just as their butts were getting warm on Maz's seats.

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, and besides the timing, and even if he had a tracker on the ship... for what story purpose? Just so we can see him giving Rey a hard time and creating ten extra seconds of tension before Chewbacca rips his arm off? It doesn't make sense being in there.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  16. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    How long where they talking before we're shown the conversation? I guess I'm willing to add a little time there to make it work.

I agree that it doesn't work in the movie and needed to be cut, but it is considered to be canonical, so I'd like to fit it in as best as possible.

17. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Why is the Plutt scene suddenly trending? The blu-ray with the scene has been out for months.

Valency Jane likes this.
  18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I wondered the same thing. Empire magazine talked about it just the other day like it was a new discovery.

19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    someone finally uploaded it.

EHT likes this.
  20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I remember this good ol' photoshop made by user Darth_Harmon [​IMG]

Now I have a question (Don't know a lot about photoshop) I'm thinking of getting some custom covers (like the one below). Is it possible to make custom covers for TFA that matches the style of the previous ones (except for the swedish, finish, danish, norwiegan writing ofc :p maybe it would be easier to just put in the TFA poster instead so it matches the backside of the other steelbooks ?)
    [​IMG]

21. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    In theory, with the right graphics, you could make anything. But, I don't know how you'd get it on the tin, if that's what you're asking.

22. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    WebLurker I don't intend to get it on the tin (even tho that would be awesome :p ) I'm just thinking of getting a TFA cover that matches the other blu-ray steelbooks

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

Okay. So, like a paper print off?

24. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah exactly, if I actually knew how photshop worked I would have done it myself :p
    In my head it would kinda look like this The front would be the pic I posted above then the back would be the TFA poster so it matches the other movies who also has the posters on the back. Another cool but I imagine difficult feature would be to give the text a unique color since the text on every steelbook has a unique color (AOTC =Green, TPM =RED)

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    What kind of software do you have access to? It might help if I know what you're dealing with.

This video might help for the actual construction. It's for making a slipcover, not a true replacement cover, but if you want something that matches for your shelf, this's one way to go.