main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA DVD/Blu-ray Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by shine, Dec 18, 2015.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I haven't had a VCR since 2004-2005, but I thought it was a fun little thing to have on the shelf. Found it at a second hand store and it only cost about a dollar.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I haven't taken them out yet, I have the Wallmart BB-8, the main one they sell at all the stores, the Target Exclusive, and the Best Buy Steel Book! the only one I use is the Target one, that I put in Jewel cases to protect them from scips and finger prints...

I am still loving this set and feel we got a lot of content, besides a Director Commentary, and Trailers the set had everything I wanted Feturettes, a Documentary that is over an hour long and deleted scenes, like I said besides a Director commentary and trailers I got everything I was looking for!:D

that's not to say if they come out with more Blu-Ray sets, and they will, that I wouldn't be opposed to buying them !!!

-Jedi Joe-, MarcJordan and B99 like this.
  3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I just got this for my birthday (on the 14th) and watched it again with my family and can say I LOVED it as much as ever. When Han died I felt the same way and all I could say when it was over was that movie's awesome. I'll dig into the special features later but am so glad I own it now.

Ricardo Funes and -Jedi Joe- like this.
  4. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I made this little vid showing the differences in the DVD cases of the episodes;

What do you guys think of the case design, especially when you're trying to view them as a set? (They weren't bought as a set. Only the OT was a set, the PT and STpart1 were bought individually at the time of release.) [face_peace]

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Do we have a specific thread about Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey, or this the thread to discuss it?

Anyway, I finally got to see the documentary (a friend has the blu-ray), and I must say I was a bit dissappointed with it.
    Don't get me wrong - it was a good documentary, but it felt a bit lacking to me. Not a lot of focus on the actual process of making the film - almost no in-depth look at the technical side of things.

Gone are the days of The Beginning and From Puppets to Pixels I suppose :(

I'm hoping for an epic documentary about the making of the entire trilogy once the Big Box Set is released around 2020.

6. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    One thing that i deslike was the interviews, much Boba Feet, ops Captain Phasma, and absolutely NOTHING of General Hux.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  7. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

It would've been nice if the cases matched more, however, since the movie seems to be the start of a new story in the series, rather than a piece of the first story, it's kind of fitting.

Ricardo Funes and -Jedi Joe- like this.
  8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Happy birthday... cool present to receive. :cool:

Discussing it here in this thread is fine / preferable. And on that note, I haven't watched the documentary yet. [face_blush]

9. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I don't have the matching problem...

[​IMG]

10. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The steelbooks are more similar. Not perfect, but similar enough.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  11. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    My problem with the steelbooks is that you've got Maul, Greivous, Vader, a stormie, the Emperor, Kylo... And Yoda.
    With all the other cases having villains on them, why put Yoda? Why??!

-Jedi Joe- and Ricardo Funes like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Well, here's a super-advanced twist: select chapter 2 to start at the "long time ago" screen then immediately hit the "back" button to get to the Lucasfilm logo. The bonus? You don't have to sit through the MPAA berating you in text form for almost 20 seconds at the start! (you only see that screen, and it's unskippable, if you select "play" from the beginning)

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Anyone else have an issue with purchasing a copy of TFA on ebay and receiving a bootleg? I've done 2 BIN purchases on ebay, and both copies were bootlegs from different sellers. One was nearly perfect - but it was off enough that I could notice. The other had the wrong cover art, disc art, and disc menu. I purchased the BR version for myself at Target on the release date, but wanted extra DVDs as gifts - doubt I'll buy media on ebay again because of this...

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    why would you do that in the first place?

15. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    I didn't have a proper cover, so I made my own. I was going to put Kylo or Rey on the front cover at first then decided to put the man himself on it. Luke Skywalker returns.

[​IMG]

And yes, this layout is reversed (should be back, spine, front). It looks better posting it this way.

16. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Any word of more online deleted scenes. I need to see more!

17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    SW: The Force Awakens: Unseen Alien Footage

18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I really wish more of those shots had been in the film. I just love a nice puppet show!

19. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    See I disagree, it looked cheap and tacky, to me. This is a scene where some CGI (and a few already-established alien species) would have made it much better.

my kind of scum likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    To each their own!
    I'm strange, I suppose. I don't necessarily think puppets and animatronics look more realistic than CG - quite the opposite sometimes. But I love the look of them.
    It probably has to do with me growing up loving all those puppet effects from 80's movies, even the ones that look really cheap (like Christopher Lloyd's "dog" in The Search for Spock). Now when I see those kind of effects in movies, even when CGI probably would've been more realistic, I get a warm feeling that CG just can't give me.
    So in short, I love these practical effects, even though they look a bit "cheap". Or even because they look a bit "cheap".

One or two familiar aliens wouldn't have hurt though, there I agree.

BigAl6ft6 and -Jedi Joe- like this.
  21. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I finally got around to watching the blu-ray special features. It was really a delightful watch all the way through. The cast and crew's enthusiasm is infectious.

BigAl6ft6 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  22. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hmmm, too bad I don't have a Blu-Ray player otherwise the special features will have been something I can check out... The EZI-DVD I have is okay though, with the same good quality we enjoyed when watching the movie in the theaters!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    not really.

24. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    Hey are we going to have a TFA chapter by chapter discussions? Like a thread for each chapter. I'm sure I remember seeing loads of threads dedicated to individual chapters back in the days of AOTC and ROTS!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    That's be fun!

darth_mccartney likes this.