main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Hasbro Toy Lists

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by thejeditraitor, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    My doubt is just why don´t use the names we already know. I think it´s pretty safe to say Rey is the lead character, no doubts on that front.

2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I'm not doubting if Rey is the lead character. But I'm not sure if lead hero stuff also can pertain to all the other leads as well. If the hero vehicle(which seems to be a generic lego X-wing) or if its Poe's personalized one. Among the other list: lead hero only appears once which applies to BB-8 which gets passed around. They don't seem to use it any other time on the list even stuff that may pertain to Rey. Thats why I find it confusing.

As far as why they aren't just using the regular names: well most people aren't worried about a catalog list for a movie coming out months in advanced. The less people know the better.

Btw, the alien sidekick is most likely Chewbacca. The Furby alien sidekick is, I believe, referencing Furbacca which is coming out in the fall.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The 'Darth Vader lightsabre' could still be the one that Luke lost on Bespin could it not? It was, after all, Vader's when he used it in the Mustafar and Jedi Temple massacres. If there's a case for Jedi/Sith artifacts being infused with the owner's Force powers emotionally surely there would be more of the Dark Side in those truly evil acts when compared to what he did with the red bladed weapon afterwards?

m4st4 and Darth_Bertie like this.
  4. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    ''From a certain point of view''

5. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

I never heard that rumor and I don't think it can be possible for that to happen on screen to the best of my knowledge.

6. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    MakingStarWars

Any idea what Billie plays then? I thought the rumor originally was a young leia....

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Do you think Vader's saber is in the movie?

8. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

Pure Speculation: Darth Vader's lightsaber he killed all those Jedi with is also the saber Luke Skwalker used against Vader on Bespin. Maybe in some ways the saber represents the possibility for both good and evil? Maybe the good guys see as the sword of Skywalker and the bad guys see it as the sword of Darth Vader?

Darth Vader's saber goes over the side of the railing when Luke cuts his arm off. That one can't survive. However, Luke's on Bespin was in free fall forever so it could have been retrieved somehow.

Although, who is to say Darth Vader only had one lightsaber and one suit of armor, I suppose? I'm curious what saber we're going to see.

9. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

That is the rumor. The rumor was taking the flash back way back to when Vader was still around with Leia. The flash backs are all post-Return of the Jedi as far as I can tell. On the complete cast list I saw, it has Young Luke but not Young Leia. Why hide Young Leia but not Young Luke? So I'm thinking it just didn't pan out and people assume because Carrie Fisher's daughter nabbed a bit part it had to be as Young Leia. Or it is a secret segment or something. But I can't play that conspiracy theorist route as it is just too crazy!

m4st4 and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't wait to see how the flashback plays out.

11. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

The problem with the Anakin saber being the macguffin is that most likely changes the motivations to the lightsaber. It could explain(maybe)why this thing has been traveling aimlessly. It doesn't really explain secret coordinates or what have you. That doesn't seem to make sense.

12. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

If it is Luke's, Vader's, my mama's, or yo daddy's, I'm pretty sure Luke put the coordinates into the saber to come to him. It is an interesting mystery.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    but the saber goes from owner to owner why would he put coordinates in a saber that may or may not be his that could easily fall into enemy hands???

14. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    Perhaps because without Rose, you can't solve it? They don't use it until after they've met Rose. I think that could be important. Remember, Rose takes something off the battlefield. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling.

Revanfan1, starocean90, m4st4 and 6 others like this.
  15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I would gather that there are fail-safes and/or very specific conditions to be met in order to obtain the information.

16. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

The only thing I can come up with is that if the saber is an ancient thing(not Anakins)it has coordinates to some sort of special place. A place where Luke was rumored to be going.

If Luke put coordinates in it himself: I can only see it as some sort of SOS. But as you say its pretty damn risky. Its confusing...

starocean90 likes this.
  17. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Could it be the saber itself is only one piece of the puzzle?

18. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Yeah I also believe that having a Vader's saber but using it as a force for good (get the jist) might just do the trick, Mr. Potter.

19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Zuckuss the Ruckuss Please use the "EDIT" function instead of posting back to back. Thanks.

20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I believe the sidekick alien toy could very well be Rose. If it was Chewie I think it would be said in the toy list, like with Vader. But, if it´s Rose, why would she have a blaster instead of a lightsaber or something?

Can we rule out the possibility of Rose being a new type of alien with some new powers we have yet to see?

21. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    This Vader sword, I was thinking about this last night. When ROTS came out I bought Annakin's saber. That sabre was both blue and red, it changed colours, I wonder if its the same sword!? Maybe the sabre is trying to redeem itself for a new generation? Who knows? Just putting it out there, it might be switching itself back to blue.

22. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    You think it's a familiar type? I don't think so... I mean what fits the description (if we even have it right now)? My best guess is a type of alien similar to Yoda in size, and very well connected with the Force, but not necessarily traditional practitioner, therefore blaster. Maybe she simply uses it as a form of temporary defense so it's 'Sidekick alien with a blaster'? Obi-Wan used it, even though it's 'soo uncivilized'.

23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014

and Rose has the 2nd piece of the puzzle and only then are they able to figure it out.;)

24. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

The "Sidekick alien with blaster" is most likely Chewie. The "furby alien sidekick" I'm pretty positive is a reference to Furbaaca which comes out in the fall.

thejeditraitor and m4st4 like this.
  25. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Could be yeah, so no toys for Rose in the first wave?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.