main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA is a great movie but Heir to the Empire would have made a better Ep.7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Do you wish TFA was more like Tim Zahn's Heir to the Empire with a space battle at a shipyard?

This poll will close on Mar 20, 2026 at 10:13 AM.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I really loved The Force Awakens with seeing the Millennium Falcon soaring through deep space,the OT3(Luke at the end),the TIE fighters and Star Destroyers,but I did have some issues with it though.

1.No space battle at the end but only X-Wings and TIES in an atmosphere.

2.Another superweapon to destroy. Starkiller Base was cool but I wish it had survived the ST and be destroyed in Ep.9.

3.Luke had tried to rebuild the Jedi Order but it was all destroyed in one moment by Ben Solo/Kylo ren.

4.I was hoping to see Leia's superweapon ship the Sledgehammer smashing into Star Destroyers in TFA but it wasn't in it. I hope it appears in Episodes VIII and IX.

I wish there was a dogfight in deep space among a starfield in TFA but instead of involving a superweapon. How about a space battle where the First Order conquers a shipyard whether owned by the New Republic(Sluis Van anyone) or the Mon Calamari,Mandalorians,or in the Corporate Sector or even in the Unkown Regions? Maybe there will be one in Episodes VIII,IX or even Episodes X,XI or XII. I just wish TFA would have been more like Tim Zahn's Heir To the Empire.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I like the Thrawn trilogy but it couldnt have been made into an Episode 7 unless they made it a few years after RotJ. I'm fine with TFA and what we got. It has some flaws but overall the sequel trilogy looks promising.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Discuss in the Complaints thread, or the EU thread. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.