main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA old title...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jo Lucas, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grizzla

grizzla Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    Most threats or titles have been used (Clones, Sith, Empire, Sith, Force) in main titles.
    Maybe something refering to the Resistance? Or the Dark Side?
    The second part of most trilogies is usually when the good guys are in a bad place and has a viewer wondering how they triumph in the third episode.
    Fall of the Resistance?
    Veil of the Dark side?
    Shroud of the Dark Side?

2. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    Plagueis would have died within the last century before TFA right? I wouldn't call that ancient. That title makes me think even more that snoke is much older and predates Plagueis

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    When first hearing the title for Episode VII, it suprised me. I never thought they would use the word "Force". As long as movie was decent i don't care but "Shadow of the First Order" sounds good.

4. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015

Coruscant Graffiti

5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Really glad they didn't go with this original title.

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    I could do without the "of the", but they could have done much better than The Force Awakens. It sounds like a sequel to the The Force Unleashed. It's not pulpy or fun like THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK or ATTACK OF THE CLONES. Those titles and I should mention THE PHANTOM MENACE feel significant and right at home with Star Wars. The Force Awakens, while an apt description feels plain and vanilla.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    They could go with that, still.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015
    MODified: Editing you is kinder than banning you. Familiarize yourself with the rule in the banner at the top of this page.

9. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    After seeing the film, I thought the title, "The Force Awakens" was perfect.

Ricardo Funes and ucdex like this.
  10. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Shadow of the Empire would have been fitting, but I feel it was the right choice not to as that name, more or less, has already been used in Star Wars.

Mindless Monster I call TFA "The Force Unleashed" all of the time.

11. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005

And (for me) one of the best EU ties.

12. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Shadow of a new hopeā€¦ like almost a rehash I joke I kid

13. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Ditto.

While I agree it lacks the pulpy quality of Lucas' Star Wars, the title actually connects to the story and can be used to answer the plot arcs in the film in a way that Attack of the Clones or The Phantom Menace couldn't.
    TPM and AOTC has historically been the two headscratcher titles I've noticed fans cite. The clones didn't really attack in Episode 2 and felt like the carryover title of an older draft, and The Phantom Menace , I always assumed was meant to speak to Palpatine, but it is so vague, people have now applied it to the Darth Jar Jar theory and is generally not instructive on plot details and doesn't really encapsulates the film.

With TESB or ANH in particular, those movies are just like TFA. You see the title and know exactly the movie you are getting.

Ricardo Funes and SkooterNB like this.
  14. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    Episode VII : The Parent Trap

Not only does Disney own the name, it would fit perfectly for what happens towards the end.

Artoo-Dion , Sarge and TK327 like this.
  15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Episode VII: OMG They Killed Han. [face_laugh]

16. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I think Shadow of The Empire was the title.Lucas put into play, potentially. The Force Awakens doesn't make sense as the force is always there.

I think Lucas was going to bring back 'Clones' back for episode 8, with Episode 9 maybe being 'Return of the Sith'....or something along those lines.

17. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Well with The Phantom Menace, much like A New Hope, you could make an argument the title is as much the title of the trilogy as anything. As well they both refer to a specific individual. I do agree the meaning behind the title is the least applicable to the individual movie.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.