main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official TFA Poster(s) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by hippie1kenobi, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Lol.

Hey, they can still rip off the fanbase by marketing Luke by having him on the poster.

2. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Darn...beat me to it.

How about just Luke to really piss off everyone by the end of the movie? :p

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Does anyone know when the Struzan Poster will Debut or when Movie posters usually Debut in relation to the Release of the film??

4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea the poster should feature characters never seen before in a Star Wars movie. Keep the focus on the new cast and new story.

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't think it’s been confirmed if he's even doing a poster.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So seeing as though the chances of a poster reveal at Celebration Anaheim are good. I say the following can happen:

What we want to happen: Individual character posters leading up to a massive official poster reveal made by the original artist of the past posters
    What can happen: A photoshopped poster meant to look like the classic posters
    What probably will happen: A very simplistic one that doesn't show any characters and is probably something like a closeup of the new lightsaber or the Millenium Falcon.

7. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I want to see a poster of C-3PO and R2-D2. That's it.

AdamSkywalker likes this.
  8. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Did you guys watch that documentary on Struzan?

Man could crack out a poster for TFA a week before it premiers.
    Dude is a Samuel L. Jackson Approved B.A.M.F.

9. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Any news on the poster? :)

10. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    No.

Chances are we'll see it somewhere alongside Trailer 2, that is if they don't just skip to the main poster since they'd be showing it in two months anyways.

11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Character posters are probable. What they need to do is make them stand out from the usual photoshoppery. The Anakin TPM did that.

Unless there's some truly bad tush image of Poe, I'll probably pass on buying them.

12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Anyone notice the complete lack of movie theater promotion for big movies these days?

Not long ago, you'd go to a threater and see huge cardboard pop-out displays for big movies. You'd see these months (sometimes a whole year) before the movie came out. In addition, you'd see posters for movies up to a year before the release. By the time you got to six months before, you'd see official posters everywhere.

Has anyone been to the theaters in the past couple of weeks? Are there even any Age of Ultron or Jurassic World posters up in theaters? I realize that the day of putting trailers first in front of big movies has completely been replaced by putting them online, but what about posters and displays? The last time we went to the movies was in January and there was NOTHING for any of the movies coming out in the spring or summer. Heck we didn't even get an official poster for Age of Ultron until about a month ago.

Anyone know what's going on with this? Promotion overall has gone WAY down for movies.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    When I first see a full on Drew Struzan TFA poster in theater I'll probably just stand there and stare at it for half an hour like a kid.

14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Where is the poster???

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Probably going to be at Celebration. They'll debut it alongside the new trailer.

dolphin likes this.
  16. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
  17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Homesick-Moose likes this.
  18. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Something definitely retro and very similar the original posters.

starocean90 and Darth Dookacas like this.
  19. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Jebus...anything at this point!

I've been trying to go spoiler free for a while now, checking only a few threads over here (poster, trailer, Celebration, social) and I am going nuts waiting for any little tidbit they decide to share. arrrrggghhh

</rant>

Seeher and starocean90 like this.
  20. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    I expect a character poster (or two)... for the final poster (done by Drew Struzan of course) I expect Rey front and center, with Finn and Poe on the sides, BB-8 rollin' under, Falcon and couple of TIE's in the background with Han, Chewie and Leia somewhere... and no Luke. Yeah, that's a lot of stuff going on for just one poster lol... maybe it'll be completely new kids.

21. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Yeah, I agree with hippie1kenobi ... right now it could be just like the Star Wars poster and I would be thrilled.

22. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Now that I think about just teaser poster... I have a feeling it's going to be just Kylo Ren for starters. They're going to set him up as the big baddie of this series and to do that people need to talk about him for weeks and implant his image in their brains... So yeah my money is on Kylo with his saber and then maybe couple of troopers from behind.

23. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

It'll be the pic on the left. There's a reason it was apart of the episode 7 concept art. It had meaning in the story with the pic on the right.

It's also a throwback to the Empire Strikes Back poster-

[​IMG]

Possibly implying the rebuilding of Vader through a new villain.

Messi likes this.
  24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    a·part
    əˈpärt/
    adverb
    (of two or more people or things) separated by a distance; at a specified distance from each other in time or space.
    "his parents are now living apart"
    synonyms: away from each other, distant from each other
    "the villages are two miles apart"

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would love the poster to be similar to TPM one with Anakin and Darth Vader's shadow only this time have Kylo with Vader's helmet.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.