main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA spacecraft action happens mostly on the ground...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Millennium Falcon 888, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Though it wasn't a dogfight, Poe and Finn's escape on the TIE was its equivalent. It's just that Finn had to shoot down SD cannons and missiles rather than TIEs.

2. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    And it doubled as an awesome character builder.

3. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Let's hope there will be more of that in Episode 8 then... Maybe see the Millennium Falcon and her X-Wings taking on the imposing fleet of the First Order, while defending their base?

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

MeBeJedi and MS1 like this.
  4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I liked this because it is different: X-Wings flying low over water, water sprays behind them... TIEs against the sun.... MEMORABLE scenes.
    This was very different from other SW films, and in a good way.

5. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

Nice idea, it would be good to see the rebells attacked in a more traditional offensive instead of the use of the super weapon. Like Hoth but a larger scale.

6. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've said this before... It's a different look that gives this episode more of its own identity. We get to see the Millennium Falcon and TIE Fighters and X-Wings in the sky. I just commented the other day on my in-universe perspective on the sounds of the ships.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There are very few shots in Star Wars that can compete with X-Wings skimming the water, but I enjoyed all the TFA spacecraft action.

8. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    And there were only two Star Destroyers shown in Episode IV.
    Maybe the First Order isn't that formidable anymore. At this point we don't know what will happen with them.
    Why are people acting like this is some kind of standalone movie that needed everything shown or explained?

Sarge likes this.
  9. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Oh yeah, that is so cool... We normally see the X-Wings doing their attacks in space so to see them skimming water on a land-based battle is a refreshing change!

Even our dear friend the Millennium Falcon doing her 360-degree turn to blast away the TIE Fighter is a nice maneuver... And the Resistance going up against many TIE Fighters on the SKB is another very well-shot scene!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  10. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    God that moment. I *still* want to cheer when it happens each viewing.

11. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Such as your avatar. =D=

I loved the atmospheric scenes....ESPECIALLY the X-wings over water. When I first saw that in the early TV ads, I was blown away by its awesomeness....Here were X-wings being flown in a manner I've never seen before. And the TIEs silhouetted by the sun immediately made me think of Apocalypse Now. Not to mention the MF flying through trees.

Yes, this is Star Wars.....but the galaxy isn't entirely composed of stars.....our characters do live on planets, and as such, battles will take place on them as well. I wouldn't mind more of these.

12. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    And it showed us TIE Fighter action we hadn't seen.
    We also still got to see the Millennium Falcon flying with X-Wings, and flying through hyperspace. Add to that the Starkiller Base's laser, and shots of the Star Destroyer. A space battle wasn't missed in this movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.