main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT [TFA Spoilers] Kylo Ren vs PT Jedi & Sith

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    WARNING:FULL SPOILERS FOR TFA IN THIS THREAD

Ok today I came back (finally!) from seeing the movie (it released yesterday here in my country of Pakistan. :p). I LOVED it. Do note that I like the Prequels a whole lot as well, just saying that considering the reactions of others in the spoilers forum of TFA (who appear to hate both the PT and TFA)

However this is not a review for the movie but for Kylo Ren and his force abilities. I made a non spoiler thread a few days back about this and now it is time to get into the meat.

Honestly, I like how they played this. People have been saying how it is not believable how Rey could have stood up to Ren without any training; but the fact is that Ren is a pale shadow of PT Sith.

Thing is Jedi and Dark Jedi have greatly diminished since the days of the PT. Likely because Luke was always half trained, and I guess the Force Ghosts vanished after episode 6 forever and no one was there to train him further. Also probably didn't help he didn't have a sparring partner so his saber skills were always underdeveloped. Luke then started training a new batch of Jedi, and messes it up completely. His star pupil Ben Solo is seduced by Snoke and turns to the dark side and literally becomes a whiny angsty tween. He slaughters the other students, and the any that survive join him as his Knights and he declares himself as the Head of the Knights of Ren.

So Kylo Ren is apparently the strongest of the Dark Jedi/Knights; (Snoke is Ren's master and the real evi but is not a Knight) If you look closely, all force powers Ren uses are basically parlor level tricks for the PT Jedi. He even misses deflecting Chewbacca's bowcaster bolt, which means his precognition skills are underdeveloped. His lightsaber is crudely built. He cannot simultaneously use the Force while also fighting with a lightsaber, whether due to poor training and/or the wound from the bowcaster.

Yet he is still considered a terrifying figure simply because there are no real Jedi about, so anyone with a bit of training can do things no one else can do anything about, like forcefully read minds, deflect blasters, force choke, telekinesis etc. Thus Rey was able to stand up to him, despite not being trained.

However it is 100% clear any PT Jedi, even a padawan like ep 1 Obi Wan would mow through Kylo Ren easily. Kylo can use the dark side and has training, but he is no Sith. Maul, Tyranus, Vader or Sidious would crush Kylo in both the Force power arena and Lightsaber combat arena.

2. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    No chance in hell.

Remember that kid that almost made it out of the temple to organas ship?

he would be more than enough to kick rent ass (unlist at this point)

he is so ****** that he hasnt found out even how to throw thunderbolts

3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

^^^^^:That kid was cool as hell. He killed at least 3 clones. Kylo killed some officers and his dad. Wow.

4. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Fun fact, that's Lucas's son Jett. :)

5. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    he had to be super badass to get outside the temple. I guess he whipped far more than 3 clones xD

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Kylo Ren is trained in the ways of the Force, but as
    Snoke pointed out, he has not been fully trained. And this is on top of the fact that he is living in Vader's shadow and fears that he will not be strong enough to be him. However, it should be noted that even Jedi Masters like Ki-Adi-Mundi fell victim to blaster fire. Kylo being wounded by Chewie falls in line with that. Hell, Luke was shot in the hand aboard Jabba's sail barge.

7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

That is true. I always assumed he jumped from a window honestly, I have no idea where he spawned from.lol

8. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001

Zett Jukassa. He was there in AOTC, in the library scene.

9. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    I didn't notice that.

To be fair, Ki-Adi-Mundi was getting shot at by multiple Clones while Kylo on the other hand was just getting shot at by Chewbacca.

10. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001

At 0:23

11. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 24, 2015

Here is a way that you can resume Rey, she did in movie, without training or previous knowledge of the force what Luke had taken three years to master.

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    In regards to Ren allowing himself to be shot by Chewie, I think its safe to say he was distracted then. After what had just happened and all. Jedi or Sith aren't supermen, despite what they think. We've seen Jedi both in the CW series and the PT get killed by being shot.