main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion TFA Tickets! / When are you seeing it?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Mr. Crumb, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    Mine didn't sell out either :p

B99 likes this.
  2. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    So my local cinema here in Australia does reserved seating, so opening night is pretty much a must. It comes out at midnight on the 17th, which is a Thursday, so I grabbed a couple of tickets for a 12:10 session (one of the only 2D ones I could find).

The day after at work is going to be a loooong day. I don't know about everyone else but as soon as I see a good movie, the only thing I want to do is watch it again immediately. Sitting at work with like 3 hours sleep isn't going to be fun, but oh well. Worth it.

3. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Thursday the 17th at 7pm... alllllmooooooost theeeeere.........

_ThatJediScum_ likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Saturday the 19th at high noon. :D

Forbidden Island likes this.
  5. Salacious Crumbs

Salacious Crumbs Jedi Padawan

Sep 25, 2014
    Sadly couldn't get the funds together in time for opening night, but I have a ticket for opening day at 11am in my favorite seat at my favorite theater, so I can't complain. I just need to stay away from the internet the night before/morning of.

I hope I can sleep the night before.

6. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    Looks like my theater still isn't sold out for that showing either. Pretty amusing. Apart from my party of 3, only 2 other seats have been pre-sold!

7. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Yes. :p
    I'm going to a smaller theatre, I didn't want to worry about going downtown etc., so I'm going to be the only person in the entire theatre, probably (unless my friend dresses up). That didn't stop me from dressing up for the Doctor Who event, though.

queenofhollywood likes this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    My showing sold out about 30 minutes after I got my tickets.

9. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I took a block of 11 seats in the back corner, someone took the one seat I didn't. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be asking each other to move around so they can sit next to their friends - there's a whopping one seat left in my showing.

10. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Friday the 18th, 10 AM. No muss, no fuss, no lost sleep, no waiting all weekend to talk about it. :cool:

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  11. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    I'm seeing it at 7:30 Thursday night. I'm getting a bit old for midnight openings (37!), but this lets me get home and get some sleep in time for work the next day.

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Was finally able to get my tickets the other night. Thursday at 10:30. The theater I like to go to, which had sold out completely, added additional showings, so I had an empty theater to reserve seats from.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I ended up getting tickets at the theater uptown that has reserved seating. 12:30 on the 23rd.

14. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Aaaaaaand somebody took that last lone seat. Full house!

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Mine still hasn't sold out. There are 460 seats though..

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There were a lot of remaining seats at the showing I got, and I hope it stays that way, five days post-premier and on "Christmas Eve-Eve." And middle of the day.

I delayed enough that there are no more tickets available at the theater closest to me. It did not have reserved seating though.

17. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I'll be seeing it midnight of the 16th at Event Cinema, Cairns Central here in Cairns, Qld, Australia. :)

I booked my tickets around 10 minutes after they'd gone on sale and already about a third of the seats had been booked! Managed to snag the remaining two seats in the upper middle seating just in time!

I was genuinely surprised as Cairns is a small city in the middle of nowhere (our state capital is 1680 kms/1043 miles away) and I rarely encounter anyone here with the slightest interest in SW, so colour me astonished...

18. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Opening day, my friend.

19. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I had to choose between lousy seats for the opening day (the 18th) and great seats for the next day. I went with the latter. So the 19th.

20. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    This, gotta get in quickly before we get spoiled.

Wally44 likes this.
  21. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    Sadly my theater doesn't do assigned seating. so I'm gonna have to get there extremely early to get okay seats.
    But if you are curious, I'm going December 18th at 10:40 am.

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Can't imagine waiting one extra minute. I got Marathon tickets so 4 am start then TFA at 7 pm. The show sold out by late October.

Also have IMAX 3D tickets for 4:40 pm 12/18 and 10 am 12/19

23. Dave Hoffman

Dave Hoffman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2012
    I don't like crowds, so I'm thinking somewhere between Monday the 21st and New Years. Of course, by then everything will be spoiled to high heaven. :\ My plan was to take a vacation day and go like Monday afternoon when all the kids were at school / college and adults were at work. To have a nice somewhat barren theater to stretch out in. But that weekend starts winter break, so everyone will be home. Selfishly, that really is a horrible date for an opening. Ah well. Can't winnem all.

24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm not seeing it opening weekend, and I'll be out of town Christmas week, so I'm not seeing it till the 29th! I checked a week ago, and all the seats for the screening I'm going to are availiable still.

Funny thing, I looked at the availiable assigned seating for opening weekend, and everything's booked. Then, just for s's and g's, I looked at that Monday-the day after opening weekend-and by contrast it's COMPLETELY open still! It's funny to see how much presales drop off as little as one day after opening weekend!

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah after opening weekend you don't have the die hard fans anymore except for repeat viewings and even then most of us won't buy tickets in advance for too long. I'm thinking of buying tickets to most screenings in advance for maybe the first 2 weekends or 10 days, just for safety and because I've bought TFA Fandango gift cards anyway.

I'll probably see the movie at least 25 times so it'll be interesting as always to see the different crowds over the weeks.