main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I'm not a spoilerphobe, what's this based on? Happy to admit I don't know everything that's been leaked or rumoured, so I'll stand corrected if there's something I've missed. I'd like to see him with helmet off, and it'd make a certain amount of sense, but the Annie Leibovitz shoot seemed to me more about the fact that she has some weight in terms of artistic direction and isn't going to photograph an up and coming actor in a helmet. I kind of think that unlike photographers in movie mags, Annie takes photos of actors in costume, as opposed to actual characters (compare the vanity fair cover to the Empire covers - that isnt Rey, Han and Finn, it's Daisy, John and Harrison)

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Great figure. Though this is a TFA merchandise thread, so it might be moved.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Not going to bother moving it, it's OK. But yes, the focus in here should be primarily on stuff that's for the Sequel Trilogy.

4. NorthBayForce

NorthBayForce Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    Oh my mistake, sorry about that

5. bleeedorange

bleeedorange Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2015
    Could someone kindly point me in the direction of other toy threads on here?

Also, has anyone seen Wave 2 black series on shelves at retail in the US yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
  7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  8. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    stupid question. no clearly i haven't but i would bet my own house we see kylo helmet less.

9. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't want to get into what is or isn't a stupid question, but I replied politely - wouod you mind explaining what you're basing it on? If it's just a hunch, that's fine (he may well take it off)

10. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    we have already seen a helmet less pic of kylo. actually we have seen a still and a clip of kylo helmet less in front of the castle.

11. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    OK, I kind of made a point about that pic above. Guess you didn't read it.

12. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    When that picture first hit, folks noted that there was a Star Wars photo spread back in the '70s that showed the cast, including David Prowse in his Vader costume, minus the helmet.

We don't know that Driver will look like he did in the magazine photo (or associated clip) without the Kylo helmet on... he could have cybernetics, burns, any number of things.

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    entourage, nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  14. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Sorry, have to embed it before this one goes unnoticed by too many people. It's simply too awesome!!!! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

[​IMG]

vin, hippie1kenobi and GregMcP like this.
  15. bleeedorange

Sep 22, 2015
    FINALLY found my FO Stormtrooper! So pumped. A Walgreens of all places. I've seen lots of Kylo's and a few Rey. (all black series) Finn and Chewbacca are still all over the place. I wasn't going to get Chewie but my OCD might get the best of me on this...

16. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Apparently, Walgreens has been one of the better-stocked places. Someone even found an Ello Asty Black Series there.

17. bleeedorange

Sep 22, 2015
    Yeah, Walgreens is looking great! I'm really hoping I can snag a Captain Phasma & the new Vader.

Question, why is TFA collection using some characters from the old films in the different assortments. Like Luke & Vader for instance between the 3.75 and 6inch BS?

18. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm assuming it's just an excuse to cash in on new figures of popular characters. However, it may also have to do with the fact that since they're not releasing a TFA Luke figure yet, and Vader's legacy will loom large in the TFA story, they want to give fans OT versions to hold them over.

My fantasy explanation, however, is that it indicates that there will be an "alternative perspective" flashback to the Bespin duel in ESB, where we follow the path of the falling lightsaber to the surface of the planet. A hand reaches down to pick it up, and we then cut to present day. I would be perfectly fine with that kind of flashback opener, even if it doesn't follow Star Wars "tradition."

Satipo likes this.
  19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Wooo! Someone did it!
    That is lovely.

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The local Targets in Aus are selling 12" Vaders, Chewies and Phasmas. A weird mix.
    My theory is that whoever does the buying for Target is being overly careful and putting on the shelves toys that they think the general public will be familiar with. Phasma is of course is essentially a Stormtrooper with a cape. Afraid no-one will buy a great big Kylo Ren.

21. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

I wouldn't wait too long on Chewie. So far it's the only Wave 1 figure not getting a rerelease in a later wave. So it's possible once he's gone, he's gone.

22. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
    Does anyone know if the 48" TFA Stormtrooper 'Battle Buddy' ($100) will go back in stock anytime soon/ever? I've looked around a bunch of websites and they are all sold out, and sellers eBay have them for around $199 minimum.

Edit: never mind, just found them on the Walmart website

23. bleeedorange

Sep 22, 2015
    Interesting. So the re-release of the figures will be the same sculpt and everything, just back again? I don't even really understand that, as I am fairly new to the collecting side of the figures. Do Wave 1 hold more value or is there even less value for them since theres multiple versions?

24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    They're called carry-forwards, filling out certain later assortments (some of the later waves only have 2 or 3 new characters in 'em, hence being filled out with earlier figures so the case isn't 3 TIE Pilots, 3 Resistance Troopers)

25. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    When are the next waves supposed to be coming? In other words, are we likely to see Han, Leia, Maz (and Maz's place), Snoke, Starkiller Base, etc. toys before the film opens?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.