main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Went to Meijer today, half off 3inch figs. Picked up couple..
    Same figs on every shelf..

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Finally my first official Luke figure from Force Awakens arrived. [face_party]:D:cool:
    [​IMG]

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    omg where are the luke figures! they hate luke! bla bla blah!

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    And u took him out of the box, wat a shame.....

5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I can easily put him back into the box. [face_blush]

6. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    In meanwood's Poundstretcher, West Yorkshire, on Tuesday Finn and FN2197 £3.50 still peg warming. Still no cheap Rey's [face_tired][face_waiting]

7. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    UK news, found a load of very cheap Micro Machines at a shop called Home Bargains.
    *If you recall, this is the shop where people found the supposedly cancelled Legacy 2 line that was then replaced by The Black Series.

The large packets were £1.99 and the smaller 3 packs were £1.49.

Most were of the "Gold Series" and featured 1 gold plated ship in each pack.
    Any ideas on what I could use these for? Not sure anyone wants gold plated ships but Hasbro!.

Also in ASDA,
    TBS 3 3/4" were £7 and TBS 6" were £10.

I picked up Ceremony Leia because she is not worth the full price.

They also had ROTJ Luke and Chewbacca.

For TBS 6" they had a Flametrooper, Han TFA and Jango Fett.

I was tempted by the Han and Jango but decided I would hold out for Ahsoka, Kanan, Sabine and Revan.

Any UKers help me with something? These were on offer but they were also on offer about a month ago for the same price. I went in between and picked up a TFA Stormtrooper for full price- £10.99. Has my store changed the offer? Can I get a refund on the price difference?
    I'm fairly sure this is mal practise.

EDIT There was meant to be a picture of my hoard but it isn't uploading for some reason. Tapatalk!

Dark Horse likes this.
  8. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016
    Does anyone know if they're going to release Unmasked Kylo Black Series to the public? Or was it only available at SDCC and that's it??

9. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    It will be, just without the FO banner and probably without Vader's mask.

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    If you are based in the US and want it, Hasbro Toy Shop sell the remaining stock on August 9th. Usually they are gone within minutes but if you are crazy enough to have the tab open and refresh regularly, you might just be lucky enough to get one.

They will also be selling the ANH Obi Wan with table and Leia Hologram and Rogue One Jyn Erso.

^One Quarter Portion is right and it will likely (90%) to be available in the first Wave of figures for Rogue One, so on that film's "Force Friday" which will be September 30th.
    Also available will be
    Jyn
    Cassian
    The droid, K something something.
    Death Trooper (black trooper)
    Unmasked Kylo Ren

xyloren likes this.
  11. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016

Thank you for replying. What time will Hasbro's site be going live for that on August 9? And what's Force Friday? Sorry for all these questions but maybe if there's a link you can send me that can help. I googled some terms but nothing as helpful as what you two have said has come up!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    The time is unknown. Details might appear between today and August 9th and in that case I'd check a site called www.jeditemplearchives.com daily. If something does crop up they'll post about it.
    If not then it's a case of just refreshing throughout the day. If you're on Twitter then maybe follow Jeditemplearchives on there. Like I said though, these things go within minutes so don't get your hopes up.

Force Friday (September 4th last year) was an event that was the first day for The Force Awakens merchandise to be sold. Before the event the SW website and YouTube channel hosted a 24 hour live stream that included unboxings and unveilings by "famous" youtubers from around the globe- it went by time zone.
    They also hosted a Midnight Madness type event where the doors to various shops open at 12pm at night. It didn't go well and there wasn't much product available for people to buy.
    Most stores sold through that night and many people left with nothing.

Although nothing official has been announced, plenty of people with sources have stated enough times that the date for Rogue One merchandise is September 30th. So in effect it's like last year's Force Friday, though we aren't sure if that is what they'll call it.

This might help:

Hopefully that's helpful, any more questions just ask.

EHT and xyloren like this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone know wat afa means for figs?
    Im looking to buy a fig off ebay and it says afa 90..?

14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't exactly know but I think it's a rating given by a company that deals with Vintage SW toys

The grade indicates the level of the product I think based on how good of a shape it's in.

Google it?

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  16. 357hermon

357hermon Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    Wish I could post pictures. I picked up the Target exclusive Pop Funko Maz number 118. Looked like that one got snuck on the shelves without any warning.

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone know how to test/inspect a DV 1977 cape to know if its a repro or not??
    Ive heard of running fig nail on inside of cape for zipping sound..

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Best of luck to you in verifying. That is definitely well above my pay grade.

thejeditraitor and B99 like this.
  20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Interview with Ben Burtt
    "The concept for the sound of Darth Vader came about from the first film, and the script described him as some kind of a strange dark being who is in some kind of a life support system, that he was breathing strange, that maybe you heard sounds of mechanics or motors..... he may be part robot, he might be part human, we really didn't know...... and so.... the original concept I had of Darth Vader was a very noise-producing individual..... he came into a scene, he was breathing, like some wheezing windmill, you could hear his heart beating, he'd move his head... you heard motors turning..... and he was almost like some kind of a robot in some sense..... and he made so much noise that we had to sort of cut back on that concept in the first experimental mixes we did in Star Wars, he sounded like an operating room, like a, you know, a, emergency room, you know, moving around."

Archival transcript of the remainder of the segment:
    "So, in the second experimental mix we did for Darth Vader, much of the robotic nature of this character was removed, but we wanted to have just a hint of humanity. Obviously, he wears a cape, so he has some fashion sensibility. Mind you, the film was made in the seventies, and at the time, corduroy was a very hip thing..... I recorded myself walking around in my favorite corduroy pants..... or at least, one of my favorite pairs of corduroys. So, as Vader would walk around, his cape made this zipping sound, something many of us can relate to..... so I tried to make this character somewhat relatable to the audience. At one point, we had the zipping sound so loud..... it was terrifying..... it was sort of like..... the monster you can hear coming after you, but you can't see it, but it's right behind you, even though you're running, and the monster is just walking..... in the mix, you'd hear this zipping sound long before Vader was shown..... it scared test audiences.... well, it scared George..... and George said we need to cut back on the zipping sound, but each time, he said it was too loud.... and at one point, I had completely removed the zipping sound, but I think it was scarred in George's brain, because he kept telling me to 'take it out, take it out'..... but, you know, it wasn't there anymore. Some of the early Kenner figures actually had texture that was sort of a... homage to this early sound mix experiment. George.....he caught wind of this.... who knows how.... playing with them.... I don't know.... and had the capes changed on future batches of the figures."

whostheBossk and B99 like this.
  21. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    I went to Target yesterday and most of the stuff was on clearance, with the only exceptions I saw being the single carded 5POA, lightsabers, and BB-8 Sphero. They're probably trying to get stuff out for Force Friday. It's a good time to look, if you want to get some stuff for cheap.

cerealbox likes this.
  22. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah, not directly related, but would be a nice idea to add a Luke figure to next SW blueray. :cool:
    [​IMG]

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Does that kind of count as a Luke fig?? :3

nightangel likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's actually how he dresses most of the time on Ahch-To. Rey just caught him on wash day. :p

nightangel and EHT like this.
  25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Looks like the Hasbro Toy Shop exclusives sold out earlier today. They sold out in 25 minutes and went on sale 11am EST.

Hope everyone got one that wanted one.

xyloren likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.