main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Damn I completely forgot they went on sale today! :mad:

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    You can always buy from ebay at scalper prices! Ho ho.

I should have posted but was caught doing other things. Sorry about that.

The process went hap hazard as always.

And don't forget these figures are coming anyway just without the accessories Kylo Ren may not have his helmet though, which sucks.

Apparently Collector news coming soon, possibly SA.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, it's not your fault. I was planning on trying to at least get the Obi-Wan but it just slipped my mind. I'll have to wait and see if the prices go down on eBay though.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

[​IMG]

5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm not sure if it's worth it for me, in the UK you can get Obi Wan from A1 toys.com for £55. I don't think it's worth it for the table, however nice it looks. Compared to the £33 I paid for the Kylo Ren, that's £22 more for that table, certainly isn't worth that-the price of a standard figure.
    I think I can do with just the regular Obi Wan.

Jyn Erso also doesn't appear very different from the regular release so the bonus there is a box and a booklet. Again not really worth it for me, the regular one is an easy pass because it just doesn't look worth it.

And the Kylo Ren is. I'm a little disappointed in Hasbro that seemingly the Unmasked release won't include the Mask, that hasn't been confirmed yet but I'm glad I picked it up at Celebration. Bummer for those who couldn't.
    Hopefully it's a dodgy photo (to come, it's a picture of boxed Wave One Rogue One six inch figures).

Someone remind me, we are getting a new Darth Vader at some point soon right?
    ANH/RO Vader?
    Sometimes in my head what I/we talk about sorta becomes confirmed in my head. I'd want it to go with ANH Obi Wan.
    It makes sense to anyway. I'd love for them to capture the "rubber" feel to Vader's helmet, the sculpt marks as opposed to the shiny helmet and armour in ESB and ROTJ.

7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yep it does. New Luke outfit for VIII. :p

8. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    News, bad/good.... Force Friday /Rogue One Stuff.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18361

Highly likely.

Key points,
    -alot less stuff this time around, hopefully that means more quantity.
    -no TBS SA 3.75" yet, they are coming at some point but no idea what or when.
    -TBS Six inch Wave One only on FF, the already talked about wave- Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, K250/Alan Tudyk droid, Death trooper (black trooper), Unmasked Kylo Ren, Rey (revision with Lightsaber).
    -"Wave Two later on in November which includes Jyn Erso, Death Trooper, Director Krennic, Scarif Stormtrooper, C-3PO (red arm) and Princess Leia Organa (God help us all that she has been fixed to passable standards). Again, this wave arrives sometime in November.

All of the SDCC reveals are at best late First Quarter or Second Quarter releases. It could potentially be a very long time before we see new figures on shelves after November. Hasbro has been known to solicit waves out of order in the past, but this practice is atypical and not common. But the possibility exists. In short, we have NO IDEA when those SDCC reveals will hit shelves, but don't hold your breath.

"

Will Jyn peg warm?
    Nice to see a Krennic early on, hopefully it's good.

I'm really surprised to see nothing mentioned about the other waves- Revan, Sabine et al. When?

-less 5poa, check the link for those but 12 figures in two waves- doesn't bother me.

In short, not great for me but I can't say I'm surprised.
    Hasbro's game plan should be to produce less variety, more quantity, fix distribution and make the product better.

Looks like alot of money will be saved!

*SA will take forever then, might not even be this time next year the UK gets SA Rogue One Figures!
    Still no sign of Wave three- Rey, Finn, Poe!

9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    less stuff? [face_laugh]
    How is that possible? At force friday last year I left with nothing, how is there less possible? [face_rofl]

10. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016

I got mine! Thanks to you :D

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Well I think he means variety. Less product choice.

I would like to think that that means more quantity but I don't know.

12. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    we will see...

13. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    You're welcome. It's good to hear.

By the way, which threads are we using now?
    Especially for Rogue One now?

I'll go wherever but I don't really want to have to post in every thread to do with merchandise.

Maybe we need some sorta mega collectable thread where everything can be discussed?

14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    At the very least if there's a Live stream this year, I'm going to watch it 24 hours straight.

The parts I saw last year were very funny so 24 hours will be a blast!

Hope, pray. Hasbro will still screw something up though, it's a case of to what extent.

nightangel likes this.
  15. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    There were rumors that they would rerelease Vader with the new head from the Emperor's Wrath Vader molded in black. Rumor also said it would be for Rogue One. But I haven't heard anything since.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    There's a separate forum for collecting, but we want our New Films regulars to keep posting in these threads too. But for TFA focused stuff, we should use this thread, and for RO focused stuff we should use the equivalent thread in the Anthology forum.

17. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
  18. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I can't believe Force Friday was nearly a year ago. It was like the best Christmas ever (if Christmas left you with no money for a month, admittedly)

19. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    really? You got something on force friday? In Germany it was a desaster and not worth the time. o_O

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Everywhere it was a disaster and not worth the time.

Correction.

nightangel likes this.
  21. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Yeah, I live in London so I got the first few of my complete elite series collection from the Disney store(I opted for that instead of black series as it's easier to collect but still limited-ish), sphero BB-8, few other bits and met Daisy and John. Man, it's funny now to think that at the time they probably walked to the Disney store from the tube. Doubt they could do that now.

EHT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    So probably the only place in the world that wasn't a complete disaster!
    That would probably have been fun I remember watching along with Jedi News.

Even the New York Times Square sold out of stuff within minutes.

Elsewhere it was dire.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Mine was a blast! Got everything I needed even if it took me a couple of stores and several hours to find them all. I also had a great time in line playing Star Wars trivial pursuit with complete strangers. :p

24. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Wow, I bought the Disney Store versions of Rey and Kylo's lightsabers today and they're really great. For 30 bucks, I'd say they're a considerably better value than the Hasbro Force FX ones.

There were also TFA tsum-tsums on clearance for $2 each.

Sent from my LG-F350L using Tapatalk

25. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Just saw this rare TFA item in one of the local Toys R Us outlets... Seems like it's a Target exclusive merchandise that somehow found its way here and costs a hefty MYR551.00 (equivalent to USD138), unfortunately!
    [​IMG]

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

26. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    How is that a millennium falcon

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.