main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

2. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    The Black Series and standard Hasbro figurines of Princess Leia (whether in her royal garb or the attire she wore in most of the OT movies) can be spotted in several local Toys R Us outlets... But I've never been able to find her in that iconic slave outfit, unless I order via Amazon or eBay - that's a super-rare collectible item, I must say!

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Picked this up at Game Stop today.

[​IMG]

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wow, good find.

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Picked up BS 3.75' Leia and Finn today.. Peg warmers sense 2015... Sick of looking at them and they were only like $5.89! Wonder when the new wave of 3.75' will hit stores..

nightangel likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That wave better include Teedo. Adorable bloke has no respect for anyone.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  7. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    ...except Raddus.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  9. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    On behalf of figure collector's everywhere, I'd like to thank you for taking in one of the many homeless Zuvio's plaguing the world today. And now a message from Bob Barker, who reminds you to get your Zuvio spayed or neutered to help control the population.

[​IMG]

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

I died when he put the sticker on Zuvio![face_laugh]

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Bought Finn (FN2187) Black Series off Ebay yesterday.. Cause i'll never find him at stores and wanna get couple older figs before the news one come out in less than a month!

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Bought a Zuvio Fig for $5 today. And I get home to realize the box won't stand straight up..

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    For all of you who like action figures why? I am just curious

Darth Mikey likes this.
  14. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Mainly because it's much better to look at than empty shelves or art! You can pose them how you want and place whoever you want with them. Sure you could do it with art but it would take to long for little reward- there's a feeling of weight behind them because they are physical instead of flat pieces like art.
    It's nice to see small scale versions of the things from the screen in front of you with the ability to just pick them up and pose them with characters they would never interact with normally. In a sense it's kinda like having your own sw universe on your shelf ready for you whenever you want.

(also I think that some have never grown out of collecting or moved on, they've subconsciously decided that like Peter Pan they'll never grow out of it and just keep doing this. And what's wrong with that? It's no different to being on a sw forum, discussing the details of the films it's just collectors bring it into their physical life- I've got plenty of figures just randomly placed around the house: Yoda greets me as I enter, on the window are a line up of ships, by my bed are more figures.)

*You maybe asking this because of the overpriced lower quality stuff and wondering why would anyone buy it- well that's mainly what Hasbro does now and so collectors have no choice for most characters. The few good quality 3.75" figures are rare and so collectors are pretty annoyed. Hasbro flipped the game on the head a few years ago and created 6" scale figures which has unfortunately taken over as the main "collector" line and seem to be getting exponentially bigger.

15. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

At some point around the early 90's, I transitioned from being a kid who played with toys to a yound adult who collected them. Part of it is the inner child part of me, I guess. Part of it is that they make cooler s#$t now than when I was a kid, I have a big RoboCop and Freddy Krueger collection of figures. I would've killed people for these movie accurate versions of the characters I loved when I was a kid, but I had to wait decades for them.

SW wise, I started getting the POTF2 line in 1995, as a cool,updated throwback to my younger days when I had a ton of the Kenner figures from the OT. It was nostalgia at first, but then they started expanding the line more and more as the years went on.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.