main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Trailer for Chinese Market

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Very cool trailer. I must say though Disney continues to be a group of geniuses. They keep showing us essentially the same stuff from the film just repackage or maybe a bit more dialogue or shots from it and us Star Wars nerds go into orbit. Think about it for a moment. We are exactly a week away from the movie opening and we have no clue what the actual plot is (excluding spoilers of course). Again brilliant!

2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Seriously, who else is really confused? "We will crush the resistance, once and for all". That doesn't make any sense if the good guys truly are in charge of the galaxy with the New Republic... Is the First Order is charge or what? Seriously, someone explain this to me.

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Honestly it could mean either or. It could be the First Order is starting to rule the galaxy and the resistance is all that remains in their way or their is a New Republic that either is ignoring the First Order growing threat (my hope) or the First Order is simply delusional of how much power it has at the moment. JJ did equate them to Nazi Stooges if memory serves right.

4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'll wait a week to watch the 2 hr long trailer!!!:cool:

Justrec, Canyon D, EHT and 1 other person like this.
  6. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    Here's an HD version of the trailer

7. trooper2187

trooper2187 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2015
    This is perhaps the best of the bunch. I am especially encouraged by the elaboration of existing scenarios which we have seen in some of the previous trailers. The more context that we receive, the more elated that I become with the acting of the new actors. Ren's mention of DARKNESS in lieu of the Dark Side stood out to me as well. For some reason I find this intriguing with respect to allegory.

All-in-all, I think this movie is going to be amazing and I have not been this amp'd for something since I was a youngling.

8. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry

9. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    the trooper transport needs its own thread too. All hail the trooper transport. It takes Steve the Riot Trooper wherever he needs to go, whenever he needs to be there.

HGST likes this.
  10. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Really love that they seem to be inspired by this WWII design -

[​IMG]

11. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    His voice in this one reminds me of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs...I can see him looking at the Vader Mask saying "It puts the lotion on its skin..."

burg2774 and Kyle Katarn like this.
  12. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

The New Republic has been established but it beginning to fall apart as lots of star systems missed the way things use to be under the Empire. AKA Aristocracy enjoying the pleasures from a tyrant. The Resistance was created out of the fear of what the First Order was becoming and is NOT in league with the New Republic. Think of Leia as a sort of Winston Churchill realizing what the First Order is doing and is trying to stop it on her own.

13. thoso1973

thoso1973 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 8, 2015
    The sound design for Kylo's saber is absolutely sick. A kind of vibrating pulse. I'm thinking that he made that saber himself, without the proper training otherwise required on both the Jedi and Sith side. Snoke's 'gurgling' voice is also very intriguing. The sound design of this film.... just reserve a space on a shelf for another Academy Award already, Ben Burtt.

Force Smuggler and trooper2187 like this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    How on earth does the Falcon survive that crash and if Rey is piloting its going start a new round of women driver jokes.[face_laugh]

15. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Awesome trailer!!

16. NorthBayForce

NorthBayForce Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    I thought the same the first couple of times I watched it but then I got used to it by my 10th or so watch :p

17. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I don't mind the voice. It just seems stilted ...like...each line isn't meant to be said in the same frame of picture....

It'd be like

pressing a star wars character toy button and hearing a line after a line after a line..without them gelling together.

18. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Has kylos voice changed from the other trailers?

The small detail that stuck out to me was Harrisons vocal delivery for that line in the Falcon. He didn't sound as gruff and grumpy as his delivery in many of his recent films. He sounded like the Harrison of old.

19. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Why Kylo is saying "I'll show them the power of darkness!" and now "I will show them the power of the dark side"?
    Besides,is so hard for Daisy Ridley to stop speaking with such a pronounced British accent?
    Come on,the bad guy speaks with American accent and the good girl,with pronounced British accent.
    This is wrong.

20. Tommy-wan

Tommy-wan Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 15, 2015
    This could simply from different takes of the same scene, and only one of those lines will end up in the movie. The same goes for Snoke's "There's been an awakening, have you felt it?".
    As for other stuff in the trailer...
    Snoke sounds soo good in this. :D
    "We will crush the resistance, once and for all! :cool:

21. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    This and the teaser trailer are by far the best. The other two really left a lot for me to be desired imo, but my goodness. seven days... seven days. In the words of Jim Ross... BAW GAWD BAW GAWD ALMIGHTY

22. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    makes it look like Han was the one flying the falcon on Jakku (when all the rumors say it was Rey), probably just edited to make it look that way, but could be the 1st major area that MSW has been flat out wrong.

23. Iamnoone

Iamnoone Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 23, 2015
    The former, definitely just edited like that.

MSW clearly states they don't meet Han anywhere near Jakku

24. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    ya, but this is also the possibility MSW has a been wrong all along in a few areas.

Its either edited to look that way
    or MSW is wrong about a important part of act 1 (how they meet Han)

I lean toward edited that way, but will not rule out MSW being wrong. I feel there has been alot of confirmation bias when people connect MSW rumors and what we see in trailer clips.

25. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015

I don't mean to be a dick or anything cuz obviously people should ask questions when they are confused but I don't understand what you are confused about? Him saying we will crush the resistance once and for all doesn't have to come from a position of control - they could be the underdogs and the line would still make sense. All he's saying is "finally we will beat these guys for good"

It's probably in reference to the starkiller weapon which would turn the tides of the war dramatically if used

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.