main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA TV Spots

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by kegs202, Oct 31, 2015.

1. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    At last we seem to have our first official TV spot and it's a cracker.

2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
  3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I hope the few tv spots that show movie scenes give us some new shots to discuss until the movie comes out.

Not really liking the new red arm of C-3PO.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  4. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    Cringe, I'm not one for cheesy ads.... though I did like the shot of the lightsaber going up against the stormtroopers which made me think we have never actually seen that, when Luke went up against stormtroopers he used blasters as he wasn't great with the lightsaber yet, there is only the one shot in ROTJ that he uses it against one storntrooper who's on a speeder... ofcourse he uses it on loads of Jabba's people but we never on a load of stormtroopers in the OT. In the PT we see Jedi use Lightsabers in battle to fight blasters but that's against droids... So seeing that was a nice blend of prequel and original imagery with the fighting of a jedi up against stormtroopers, and there was even the return of smoke coming off a stormtrooper when hit by a blaster, I hope that's in the ST as-well as I think it makes the world feel more real somehow makes it messy, there wasn't smoke coming off blaster shots in the PT and that was a misstep as it was too clean.

5. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Great ad. Interesting that they took Rey's look and sort of turned her into a padawan here.

Even the makers of this ad have come to the conclusion that Rey is destined to become a Jedi it would seem. This has of course never been confirmed (even though most of us take it as a given), so it's interesting how people other than hardcore fans see this. ;)

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  6. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Yep this ad seems to hint towards Jedi Rey. I mean, mostly that's been heavily implied up to this point, but it's nice to see it being hinted at in official marketing.

7. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Dope.
    =D=

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I can't believe I got excited by watching stormies in action in a Duracell commercial.

9. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    My daughter now wants to destroy our neighbors' trashy inflatable decorations with her lightsaber. Thanks to her size she goes into every faux lightsaber duel believing she is Yoda and her opponent is Dooku so I fully expect to find her attempting to flip about their lawn by the end of the weekend.

10. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    The best part is the last 1.5 sec where they proceed to beat the crap out of the blow ups. god i hate those things.

11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Here's another one from Toys R Us:

12. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I'm gonna have to take a shower to wash off all of the sap.

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Am I the only one that doesn't like this one?

14. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    What's your problem with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jofos

jofos Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    Yes, I think you are the only one who doesn't like it.

16. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    Well, that's interesting. Those two so far are almost opposites. The first is about how kids still love Star Wars, and are able and willing to immerse themselves in that world. The second is about how almost nobody but thirty-something males care about Star Wars anymore. Which makes the first exciting and the enjoyable, and makes second a bit depressing (and untrue).
    Loved it when the sister playing Rey Force pushed the troopers away, and then how they went back-tokback fighting off the entire First Order. Pretty cool:cool: . Oh, we're they selling something?

17. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Nope. I think it's SW merchandising and marketing at its most nakedly manipulative. Ugh.

The Duracell ad on the other hand walks that line perfectly and is great fun.

18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The ending when shes swinging the lightsaber around really bugged me. lol[face_dunno]

themuzikman likes this.
  19. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    It's suppose to touch that feeling in a dad's heart when their kid likes what they've been grown up with. I'm not a dad, but my 3 year old niece has fallen in love with Star Wars recently because of my love of Star Wars. Her favorite character is Darth Vader and she watches Lego Star Wars religiously. She sleeps with a 2 foot tall stuffed Darth Vader lol. We stuffed her shoes and had her wear her tall boots to get on Star Tours and she loved it! That's why the ending is that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  20. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Not to mention the cringe inducing "lets try to make music that sounds like Star Wars music"! at the end, barf.

I loved the Duracell one though. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

21. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    Kylo stole his original arm because he's collecting things of Vader's lol.

light_sabe_r likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yes, the music made me facepalm, the only thing I didn't get it the Duracell one I why Frosty got such a beating at the end...

I just don't get y all of a subbing she seems to love SW in the store??

23. CrazyBladeUK

CrazyBladeUK Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 13, 2015
    The Duracell one is awesome, and those kids got some skills! As for the Toys 'R' Us one... meh, it's ok but nothing special.

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren likes this.
  24. Bran Kenobi

Bran Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    From the makers of Kylo Ren's voice revealed by a talking action figure comes... First footage of C-3PO's new red arm on a toy advert.

25. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I have to admit, I can't possibly enjoy TFA now I've seen Threepio's arm early.