main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF May 7th Meeting and Elections

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Boga-the-Magnificent, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I picked up FF7 Advent Children if anyone is interested post meeting.......

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Dustin, you might want to check out these homes. They are pretty nice and the NW location is pretty convenient.

I'd say just hold onto your stuff. It isn't going to fetch that to make a difference. But that is just my opinion. What do I know. :p

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Dustin-

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/reo/goodn/ond.cfm

Special prices (50% off) set for police when buying a house.

I know the cop from work got the house right behind me this way.

Might be worth checking into.

It's quite a normal thing, giving discounts and such to police, EMT, firefighters, teachers, etc. when buying a house. It puts "better" people in the area.

This is not the only place that does it, the city or county might also have something. You can also check with your department. Mind as well make use of your public service.

<snip>
    What Are the Benefits for the Officer?
    The selected bidder may purchase the property at a 50 percent discount from the list price. For example, if a HUD home is listed for $100,000, an officer can buy it for $50,000. To make a HUD home even more affordable, you may apply for an FHA-insured mortgage with a downpayment of only $100 and you may finance all closing costs.
    If the home you want to purchase needs repairs, you may use FHA's 203(k) mortgage program. This program allows you to finance both the purchase of the home and the cost of needed repairs. You have the benefit of one loan for both costs and one monthly payment.
    Discuss these financing options with your lender.
    Because homes sold through the OND program are located in Revitalization Areas there may be additional assistance from state or local government sources. Local or state governments want to encourage families and businesses to move into Revitalization Area neighborhoods. Contact your state government housing office or local municipal government and request information on assistance for homebuyers
    <end snip>

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    REMEMBER!!!!

The meeting is at hal9k1's house. If you need to get directions, PM him ASAP!!!!!

5. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Since I have now confiscated the attendance book, here are the people who were in attendance at the meeting today:
    Jada
    timstephens4
    JediObiKat
    thatsMisterWookiee
    _Anakin_Vader_
    firstsonofsolo
    Pelatrin
    !!Mugen!!
    DialSwiftJustice
    ForceInept
    hal9k1
    those who didn't sign in...
    cathiecat (by phone)
    DarthMalignus
    anyone else???

It was great to meet all the new people who came!
    Thanks again, Damian, for hosting! Your Star Wars collection was pretty cool.:cool:

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'll be posting the notes sometime tonight.

Thank you all for the picture and the Vader cake!!! :D [face_love]

7. Lord_Malignus

Lord_Malignus Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2006
    Just wanted to say thanks for a good time. Jada, if I don't get a chance to see you before you leave, I wish you and your family all the best. You're "good people" and I'm glad I got a chance to meet you. - Wade

8. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Hey all, I had a great time. Thanks for welcoming me in, I plan on getting more involved in the TFF. I had to leave early cuz I had a church thing involving me playing bass guitar. And I have niether a car nor a licence, so that also complicated things. But that was really great. Yeah. Ok. Bye.

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Wade, thank you :D

Mike, we were very glad to have you.

I apologize that I'm not being my normally efficient self in getting the meeting notes up. With the upset over losing TK-2970's dog last night it has been a bit . . . well, upsetting. I'll get to them ASAP.

Also, I'm going to bring the picture you all gave me on Saturday so you can sign the back. If anyone needs more info on Saturday, please PM me. ;)

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    May Meeting Minutes

In attendence:

Jada
    timstephens4
    JediObiKat
    thatsMisterWookiee
    _Anakin_Vader_
    firstsonofsolo
    Pelatrin
    !!Mugen!!
    DialSwiftJustice
    ForceInept
    hal9k1

those who didn't sign in...
    cathiecat (by phone)
    DarthMalignus

• Jada introduced the official sign in book which is now in the capable hands of the new Secretary

• Elections
      New Secretary - JediObiKat
      New Historian - dialswiftjustice
      DSG Liaison - hal9k1

• Review of Spring Events

• MoDs was by far our best Tucson Event. Lots of exposure and making the folks happy. One note from the Wookiee - he needs a stool or high director's chair to sit in.

The two DSG Events -

The MS Walk should be noted as a non-photo opp. event and it is very hot in armor and requires lots of walking.

The PF Chang's Event was great exposure for the group and was very enjoyable. We hope that next year though we get some better communication as to people who will accompany children on the run and getting transportation for the people who cannot make the run to the finish line.

Dustin's PKU Event - while it was small everyone had a great time and the kids there loved it. Jada suggested perhaps having a bowling event next year.

• Tucson Fan Force's position on doing birthday parties

• After discussion and debate we have decided that as the Tucson Fan Force we will not do birthday parties. What we will do is as individuals on a completely volunteer basis those who want to make birthday party appearances can do so but it will not be a TFF Event.

• Cookbook

• If everyone could please send out emails to folks asking for original recipes for the cookbook and then forward those recipes to fan-force-recipes@cox.net it would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to say something like this:

Hey there,

I'm asking folks to send me one original recipe for a cookbook my Star Wars Group is putting together. Send one, send a bunch! The more the merrier.

Also, please let me know if you want your name to appear by the recipe or if you have a screen name or online name you use that you'd like to appear by the recipe. If you don't specify this it will be listed as anonymous.

Thanks!

• Jack's Flowing Wells High School Band Events

• The Band Director of Flowing Wells High School contacted Jack regarding a series of events during which the band is going to play music from Star Wars. He would like to have people there in costume. He would also like to do a food drive and that would require some people to be in t-shirts.

Jack, we also need for you to find out if we can set up a table with our pictures, scrapbook, etc.

This event will occur a few times throughout the year.

• Frankie's Game Stop Event

• Game Stop's Star Wars Battlefront II Competition at:

ITT Technical Institute
      @ River and Flowing Wells/La Canada
      [on the Southwest side next to Walgreen's]
      Time is TBA

OK, one thing I didn't put up there was the conversation we had about donations but since we as a Fan Force aren't going to do birthday parties I don't think this is an issue anymore.

If I left something out, please post it.

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Thanks! 30 years of collecting will do that.
    I guess if I had another hobby or a girl friend my collection would not be so big.
    But, being; 35, totally alone, professional computer technician, , poor social skills, overly intelligent, failed musician, not terribly attractive, overly responsible, that?s not going to happen the collection will just get bigger... :_|

12. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    When's our next meeting June 4th?

13. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Cat will be in Arkansas May 31st - June 6th. I would vote for having the meeting the following weekend on the 10th or 11th. Does anyone want me to run any dates past Cat, or ideas.

14. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    cat said 6pm is available on saturday june 10th at bookmans grant/campbell location, but it won't be for long, would this work for everyone? sunday is not available at all as far as bookmans's goes.

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Run it past her, we can always change it later if need be. But if we do ahve it at Bookmans we need to reserve it sooner rather than later.

16. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    The 10th sounds good to me, too. Bookman's wouldn't happen to have any earlier slots open would they?

17. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    I've asked Cat if there were any earlier dates at Bookman's and she said that there is a one hr slot at noon but she doesn't think that will give us enogh time...Kathryn if you need a place to stay Cat says you can stay here if need be

Also if it is difficult for you to make night-time meetings Cat said we can always reschedule earlier in the day at our house or the clubhouse here

18. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Just out of curiosity, why Bookmans? Is it just so we have enough space? It will be fine for me. Just a little farther. But that is fine.

19. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Yes, Bookman's has a private room in the back that is ideal for meetings with groups around our size.

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Also, I have enough space if Kat needs to stay overnight or something.

Either way we should work the time and places around Kat and Cat, both are going to have the hardest time with the meetings. Would that be Cat (or Kat) squared? :oops:

21. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Thanks for the offers! A place to stay won't be a problem though, I still have my apartment in Tucson. My only concern with 6pm is that it is right in the middle of dinner time...I would definitely be able to make it though.

22. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    okay, Cat called and reserved this time slot for us at bookman's grant/campbell June 10th, 6pm till closing. Cat also wanted me to tell you that the reason for bookman's is that some members of the group requested to have meetings at public places instead of houses when possible.

23. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I think since we are relaly expanding we should have it at Bookman's if possible, and we could shop around for other sites later

24. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    okay, we are booked for bookman's/grant/campbell as Jake said for me on June 10th at 6pm till closing. Look forward to seeing everyone there!!

25. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Do we want to change myself as DSG liaison to Frankie (if he wants it)?
    Seems that they call him anyway, maybe it's the "better" choice for them and for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.