main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF Meeting - Aug 23rd - Meeting Notes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jada_marnew, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    In attendance-

VoidDancer
    Sideshow212
    EmprshndMick
    vadersdad
    AoErat
    jada_marnew
    Vinny

Introductions between the illustrious RSAs and members of the PFF and TFF members were made.

Discussion --

Sideshow discussed the PFF's constitution, how it came to be, what defines a member, what the responsibilities of each officer are, events, etc.

FanForce Member - a FanForce member has a user ID/account with theforce.net and is therefore a member of the fanforce. What it comes down to is voting on issues. Attendance at meetings for members is not mandatory but encouraged.

Both SideShow and Void emphasized setting up a monthly meeting time and place (i.e. the 3rd saturday @____) Jada (me) has talked to Dusty at Things for Thinkers. They are willing to host our meetings. The thought is that this would be a mutually beneficially arrangement. TFF gets a place to meet and Things for Thinkers gets some customers. We would also do an event for them such as Troopers, Fett, StarWars Royalty Toys for Tots, etc.

Recruitting ideas were discussed. Things for Thinkers would be a demographic to pull in. UofA (much to the chagrin of the ASU Sun Devil - Void) would be another place to "target". Jada may be attending Pima CC and would have access to the campuses.

Void and Sideshow discussed the website with AoErat. They are very supportive and encouraging.

The added bonuses to this meeting included one of the Starbuck's employees whistling the Imperial March and Vinny showing us his lightsabres. :cool:

I'm certain Void and Sideshow will have other things to add.

2. AoErat

AoErat Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 2001
    Thanks for the meeting notes. :)

Like I said in the other thread, nice meeting you all.

3. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Thanks for coming, Mike! It was great to meet you too! Didn't you love the lightsabres!!!!! :D

Vinny! Vinny! Vinny! :cool:

4. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    thanks for the notes jada!

we made some great progress today, and i think that tuscon is getting on the right track!

setting up a usual time/date/place for meetings, and posting a regular agenda of meeting topics well in advance goes a long way...

if you would like any help with writing up your by-laws, officers duties, or anything else, PM me, or my IM info is in my profile...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.