Tucson TFF Questions and Concerns.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, Jun 3, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Okay, I have been thinking about the "activity meetings" (for lack of a better term) a lot today. I think this is a great idea and one that would be open/fun for ALL ages. It would be great to make at least one family-oriented, like craft week. Personally, i think that having something each weekend would be vary ambitious. I think that having the book club for one weekend and one weekend for something else would be doable.

1st we need the space:
    it shouldn't be that difficult to get the conference/community rooms at various bookmans and libraries across the city. This could be done as far in advance as these facilities will allow us. I looked into parks&rec today online and it could be from $50-100 (refundable deposit + per hour fee + room setup fee). Cat said it would be a $250 deposit on her clubhouse. So I think that our only options so far are Bookmans and the Libraries.

2nd we need to advertise it:

We could book these rooms for the date/time we designate, as far in advance as possible and then write up a schedule with the information for the website. I looked on tucsoneventcalendar and it doesn't look like there is any cost for posting events on their site. This site is straight from the tucson citizen and has a lot of events regularly posted. I don't know what the traffic is for the site.

3rd we need to have people for the event:
    We would need volunteers for each event. Cat really wants the book club to get going so maybe she would agree to do this once a month. How many people would be willing to lead a group activity meeting once in a while?

4th how do we fund it:
    to me this is the major sticking point. would this be something the group as a whole would be willing to fund? like the volunteers submit to the group the costs and we all form a kitty for this or does the volunteer along with their time, agree to foot the cost as well? keep in mind this could get pricey. drinks are pretty much a must for anything over an hour, food is optional, paper, pens/markers, etc.

2. Mugen Jedi Padawan

star 4

[image=http://http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ADVG/436~Gollum-Posters.jpg] http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ADVG/436~Gollum-Posters.jpg

NOOOOO IT BURNS USSSS!!!! :p
  3. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan

star 4
    A PUBLIC APOLOGY

My apologies, Cat. When you refered to our younger members as "kids", since they are all human, I took it that you meant they were children. I now realise my mistake. Apparently what you meant by the term "kids" is that they remind you of small goats.

Again, my humble apologies at misinterpretting your meaning.
  4. cathiecat Jedi Master

star 4
  5. JediObiKat Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_thinking] A little sarcastic there Wookiee?
  6. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan

star 4
    These issues still need to be addressed at the July 22nd meeting.
  7. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes these issues need to be addressed, however I dont thinkt he enxt meeting would be it, as the CR is JUST getting elected, I think the Cr should be able to have a little time (ie: August meeting) to examine the issues, hear from us individually, and respond accordingly, and it wou dgive us as meembers a chance to see the new regime in action for a bit, to see if many of these problmes and issues get resolved just by virtue of having a new, and more involved/diverse CR (which I think they will), and fofices with defined duties.

I am also afraid of the meeting devolving into a fight, which it very well could, when we couj dpossibly have new meembers show up (We advertised the next meeting way in advance) and scare them away with bickering.

Alot of feelings were hurt, and many of us still want to be heard, I think many or our opinions have been voiced on the previous threads. I think any issues still lingering need to be brought up, but maybe not at the next meeting, but thats my 2 cents.
  8. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan

star 4
  9. firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just as a heads up guys I have printed over 40 pages of threads and have been compiling them. Quieted down but not forgotten...
Moderators: DieWompRatDie