main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF requested at Reid Park Zoo Howl-O-Ween!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Oct 8, 2005.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    hmm.. can't you just bring her.. she is bound to enjoy the festivities.

2. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Friday is a lost cause for me. Will be at the zoo on Sat. and Sun., though.

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    You will be missed. C ya Saturday and sunday

[face_pumpkin]

[face_beatup]

[:D]

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we will miss you on friday.. but have a blast on the other days with the group.

Hal.. did you get the best of cd done? just checking :)

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I feel like a chicken with its head cut off!!

6. BHG-Brandl

BHG-Brandl Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2005
    ok guys, sorry i couldnt make it tonight. My helmet went missing at a party i was at last night so im in the process of recovering it......hopefully i will be there sat if i get everything together. anyways i guess i will tty all later

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    BHG even if you don't get the helmet.. you should come join us.. or call Dustin or Frankie.. they might be able to help you put a costume together if you don't locate your helmet.. I also happen to know they really need a person without a helmet or mask to hand out treats.. just too hard to see with the costume on.. so if you can come and just do that it would be greatly appreciated.. or come with your boba fett if you locate it..

if anyone has a friend or family member willing to hand out treats for a couple of hours to about 2000 kids.. bring them with you!!

I just left the store with about 1600 pieces of candy.. hopefully that helps with the cause.. I sure will miss you guys.. have lots of fun.. and think of me if you go through the scary area again!!

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    BTW I had a great time tonight.. was very happy I got to participate in one of our halloween activities!![face_pumpkin]

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    It was a good time. Just need to make sure we keep the traffic flowing. Because there was that empty space where we had Vader a family stopped there to gather and clogged up the line. I was giving them a minute and then was going to ask them to keep moving.

Also, the Zoo has water but I suggest bringing a water bottle as the cups ran out quickly.

10. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    We had a great time out there with the kids and the big kids too(adults) It is a little hard to see in a helmet, and even hotter under vinyl and plastic...but it is worth it. I will pick up the candy from Cats house and be at the Zoo at about 430 or 5. I will need to be assisted in getting into the Fett costume, my nephew may be able to come again to assist, so we just need one more candy hander... I believe Vader is gonna be there and Jango is in. Who is with us!?

11. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    well, i had am awesome time, even though frankie and i had to pour out our helmets and wring out our suits, the kids make it all worth it. this time well have the banner up, my mother is coming to hand out candy, and my father might to.

NOT: FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW, THE PARKING AREA HAS CHANGED. TURN INTO THE PARK OFF OF 22NG ST AT THE CANCER SURVIVORS MEMORIAL, THE ONE WITH THE YELLOW PILLARS AND BRONZE STATUES, AND MAKE YOUR FIRST RIGHT. THATS OUR PARKING LOT, YOULL BE LOOKING ST THE CHANGING TRAILER.
    call me if you get lost 360-3765

jack, if you make it i hope you expect to sweat like a wookie in heat!

er....the heat

12. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'll be able to help with anybodys costume 'cause mine is so easy to "break apart".

I'll try to be earlier this time to help with the fitting.

13. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Sorry I can't be there to help tonight. Good luck! :D

14. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Yet again we had an awesome time. It seemed to go faster tonight..it may be we are getting used to the dehydration, and heat. Feet still hurt but a nice soak in hot water will do them good. Me and Dustin...or should I say Vader and Jango..have a costume contest to be at at 1045pm at city limits....wish us luck.

15. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Good luck! :D

Dustin, need to call you and see if I'm getting a ride with you tomorrow.

16. WookieWallaby

Sep 7, 2005
    Prophetic words, indeed, these were.

17. WookieWallaby

Sep 7, 2005
    Didn't get a chance to say this at the zoo, so I'll say it here. Congrats to Frankie, Dustin, and Damien on your costumes. They were OUTSTANDING! You guys really did look like Jango Fett, Darth Vader, and "the third Jawa from left who howls", respectively.

Am definately bringing a water bottle with me on Sunday, can keep it in my bandoleer pouch.

18. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Wook, No...your costume was amazing...you being a tall guy, was made gargantuan with those stilts of yours..jeez, You dwarfed the Polar Bears! It is truly inventive and awesome, Wookie.

As for the costume contest...all I can say is that it was a popularity contest. Aparently a UofA football linebacker was dressed like a 6'2" 300 lb Oompa Loompa...and the crowd was well you know, all students. There was one guy that was stiff competition for us..you ever see the movie, 13 GHOSTS? Well there was a man..on stilts with his head in a cage just like the Jackal on the movie....it was a great costume..and I know me and Vader were uncomfortable and hot...but this guy was 10 times worse...mad props to him. He should have won.
    As for the club aftermath..all I have to say is Lil Bo Peep..she liked Bounty Hunters... :cool:

19. WookieWallaby

Sep 7, 2005
    Hopefully Bo Peep wasn't too "little"(age-wise).

20. WookieWallaby

Sep 7, 2005
    I understand that we all live in the "real" world and have real commitments and real obligations of our time that must be met in order to survive in "reality", but it would REALLY be fantastic if everybody out there could show up at the zoo tonight and make this final zoo show a REALLY big finale. If I heard DSJ right, we were voted "best attraction".

21. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I will be there for an hour. [face_frustrated] In order to appease my family and create peace I will be taking my daughter with me and then to my mother's church carnival.

grumbles about broken car

22. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    wOW, i FINALLY GET A CHANCE TOG ET ONLINE! wEIRD HOW i HAVE TO COME TO WORK TO DO IT! Anyways, Jack stole the show, you were awesome man, if your coming tonight, my recommenedation is to forgoe the stlts, as awesome as you were (and I think e really sinched up the #1 attraction spot for us), tonight Id not do the stilts, the ONLY ONE complaint I heard was that people wanted a picture with Chewy but he was too tall! Luckily my dwarf vader doent have that problem..

and about the club that was fun, Vader got to grind once, and Jango....well, what happens in the TFF stays in the TFF ;-)

Now there is always the chance Ill be late if something big happens sicne Ill be working, and we already have 11 calls holding for us right when we get out of brifing, so cross your fingers, either way Ill be tere barring a shooting ;-)

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    No blasters! No blasters! :p

24. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Pictures from tonight can be seen here

I got one thing to say:

Wookiee!!! [face_dancing]

OK, got one more thing to say:

Together we shall rule the Galaxy as Father and Daughter

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Halloween%202005/DeathstarVaderLeia.jpg]

25. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    No Pics of me.... [face_skull]