main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF requested at Reid Park Zoo Howl-O-Ween!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Oh I have one . . . it is fuzzy. [face_devil] And there is a pic of you in your Jango outfit. At least I thought I uploaded it.

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Oh yeah..there is 2 pics of me and Lil Boba. They are a little fuzzy but its all good. I had a blast at the Zoo..we definetly have to do this next year. Maybe my Republic Commando Armor will be done by then. And then I can switch out between Jango, Mando, and whatever else I decide to make...thank you all for atending..we truly have Star Wars Heart!

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    WOW! Great picture.

=D=

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Great pics!! Great turnout!! I feel I keep repeating myself!! Deservedly so however!! Way to Go "Two Suns"!!

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    None of me neither, I guess the hooded face didn't help my photogenic look

:_| :oops:

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I have a pic of you on my cell phone!! I love it.. it shows two glowing eyes and a hooded figure standing in the shadows.. kind of just like when they go to capture R2 in ANH.

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    4 our resident wook for next event

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/48/Bottledwater.jpg/250px-Bottledwater.jpg]

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Dustin's right, we need to start think about this more, it will be here before we know it and we want it to be better than last year, maybe our next meeting we'll start fleshing stuff out for it.

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    For those of us NOT getting married this summer, we should make getting plans and building props and/or backdrops for this event our summer project.

10. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    good idea Wook...or should I say Howl-O-Ween Superintendant! I got my hard hat on, what do we need to make?

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Uhh... ...did I just volunteer for something?

Seriously, we can come up with some ideas at the next meeting. Keep "nagging" me so I don't forget.

12. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Here are some of the ideas suggested so far:

star field backdrop: a backlit black fabric (maybe frank can shoot some holes in it with his Airsoft stuff!)

a cut-away of the carbonite chamber floor (red rope light illuminating a half-circle of wood cut inthe same pattern as the ESB floor with the Han in Carbonite inthe middle)

A spaceship mock-up (but it would have to be very small with the room we have)

Vaders meditation chamber (problem is everyone wants a pic with vader so this will get in the way)

Death Star wall with flat screen TV only showing communications with officers (like the death of admiral Ozzell! or battles)

The Emporers throne room since we'll have a red gaurd, a seated emporer standee)

More minor stuff:
    Ill have the two Wal-Mart standees modified with our names and logos by then (you know the one Damian wore)
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Christmas%202005/bobble.jpg]

and our official vinyl banner

we could also use a better stereo, or two one for each end, one with sounds and the other with music?

13. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    very good ideas...you should sketch them out on paper so we can get the full jist of what ou mean..and disguss them at the meeting! They seem totally do able...

maybe in front of the star wall with the backlit sheet or cardboard, we could frame out a grey painted cardboard profile of the view from the window of the Death Star and have VADER stand in front of that...?

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Maybe we can have nightwalker lend us a blue and a red saber so the kids can "fight" with Vader? Just a thought.

15. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    It's Wet Blanket Wookiee Time! Here's my free advice...and remember what you paid for this advice...
    I know it is still six months away, but a lot of what we do depends on who is going to be there. We will need commitments now. If we go with Frankie's idea, we can have Dustin and Damien's spots. Chewie can stand with the Carb Han and howl a lot. What about Frankie, Chris, Antone, Jake, Cat, Kate, and anybody else I might be forgetting. A lot of questions, but hey, we do have six months, as long as we don't wait six months to get the answers.
    Whatever we do put together, it has to be easy to assemble and easy to take down, since we will have to do this every night. Keep that in mind.

16. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I plan on being Bly, maybe for the whole time...but then again...Nihilus for the final night would be really cool..and skeerie! :eek: I am easy..I'll do just what I did last time...find a place to stand and greet..then move around to another place. I think Jango/Chris could do the same...but maybe stay around his son..Boba/cut out. Antone, Jake, Cat, Kate are going to be Jedi or Dark Jedi right? Well, the clothes are so comfy that they could kinda wrangle while in thier robes...while passing out candy/cards/and fliers. Maybe we can get some of our loved ones to help out also...my sister would do it in a heartbeat...and maybe lil Chris could be the Jawa, or something...we have plenty of time, but if we get stuff done early(as you all have said) then its less rushing for later..and we can give it all a well polished sheen in the end. Its gonna be great! =D=

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    "Little Chris" will be too big for the jawa in 6 months, he's a growing boy. He's as tall as me now I bet. I don't know if anyone else can fit into it, JediObiCat maybe?

If I remember it was warm but not hot. So in Lew on another plan I think I'll be the Guard or if I get it together the Scout.
    Then again, that Jawa was fun at times. [face_pumpkin] Hehehe. ]-}

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ahh we can always rely on the wook as our voice of reason! I really like the Death Star profile window, but I tink the Emporers seat would be redundant and take up space especially since his standee is sitting (sitee?)

Peronally I hope JediObiCat, General Jake, the Kid, and Shaak"I died like a sucka"Ti=Cat all get to do some days since their lightsabers look awesome at night (as long as they're not drooped) [face_devil]

I am going to make acourtesy call to Vivian the Zoo director reminding her we are interested and confirming we can add tot he displays (like she said we could last year).

I am planning on beign Vader all three nights as of now, so my Tie will be avaialble for anyone. Damian is definetly going to ned a wrangler in his red gaurd costume. I think he night even see less than most of us in it, and we gotta make sure the little guy doesnt suffocate!

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I don't know what the dates are yet for the zoo event.. but I am assuming the weekend just before Halloween as Halloween falls on a Tuesday this year. I am thinking most likely I WILL be in town for friday and satuday of the weekend of the event... but I won't be here most likely that sunday or monday.. the 29th-30th.. I will be in Arkansas. This is assuming the zoo does it like last year.. not holding the event on Halloween since it is a school night anyway.

20. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I'll be the Wookiee all three nights, and YES, Damien, I'LL BRING PLENTY OF WATER THIS TIME!

21. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    And you wonder why people think you're creepy.

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I think we need at least 1 standard TK or sand trooper, maybe we can ?borrow? one?

All Joking aside, Jack is right (we?ve all learned this from past experience). I push this because it's not something I want anyone else to learn the "hard way".
    Drink LOTTS of water. You might not even know it but it gets hot and you loose a lot of body liquid. Drink till you think you are going to burst, and hold it in. It might sound silly but it?s your health and you can?t be too careful, even at night. Standing around in costume not doing much is enough; it just sneaks up on you. Either dehydration or heat stroke is very easy to get here, and you won?t even know it till it?s too late.

Little guy?

23. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    bumpety. bump, bump. [face_pumpkin]

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Jack, how many backdrop panels can we fit behind us?