main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF Roadie to PHX

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I finally got registered and posted on the DSG forum.. Jen said that everyone needs to be in costume and at the place of starting by 7am.

2. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    is anyone up for Jen's offer of letting people stay at her place..so we would already be in phoenix for the morning's activities.. I rather like this idea.. but I would have to ride with someone else given the situation with my car.

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't really want to crash Jen's, depsite the kind offer. In my mind its putting us in a position where we owe them again when this was our opportunity to pay them back for Katrina...but that's just me, and if I get out voted, ehy Im just a memeber. And I can still take up 4 (5 with a tighter fit) plus their gear.

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    well.. just keep in mind we are going to have to head for phoenix at the latest by 3am to insure we are there ontime and in costume ready. Because we have to plan ahead for problems and leave early.

I am for doing whatever the rest of the group chooses to do.. as I am dependent on everyone else for the ride.. as much as I would love to be taking my car.. I would love to spend a day window shopping in phoenix.

I do not think however we would owe their group anything for crashing at Jen's.. they invited us to join them.. we did not invite ourselves.. but if anything were owed in return.. it would be a place to crash for them if they ever needed it.. which would be no problem.. I could put them up in a heartbeat.

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Keeping in mind that there are rules at this site about using profanity... ...there is no FREAKING way I am waking up at 3 (or even 4) AM to drive up to Phoenix. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!!
    Therefore, I vote for the overnighter. Could leave early on Saturday for the "shoppers" in the group (Cat), or could stay stay up in Phoenix most of Sunday, however you want to work it.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yes.. it's that morning thing that I don't relish either..I will be having nightmares that I missed the boat all week before hand.. just like I do when I have to be at the Phoenix airport early in the morning..

that being said.. if anyone is up for doing the overnight thing.. and a few of us would prefer going in the morning.. we could do both.

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I just can't not with my daughters first birthday being the day before, looks like Im driving up super early, so I can take anyone with me who also can't stay that night. I am also not taking the truck, but my mothers Diamante Station wagon with plenty of room. Sorry guys, but I will be there! I just need to finish a blaster first!

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    whatever works for you is good by us.. still waiting to hear what Damien and Frankie think on this one.. Jake has to work so he can't make the trip at all. he wishes us well though.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am posting this as it was emailed to me.. this is the info we have to date for the event.. and Jen has sent me another email inviting those of us that wish to stay with her at her home an invite.

Ok guys here is the skinny...........

I spoke to Heather today and she and her staff including Wendy are EXCITED to have us Join them and help out in this event.

She will be sending me Maps and Parking Passes. The date again is January 15th (Sunday). We need to be there for 5:30.....Yes that is right 5:30AM. They will be closing alot of streets leading to this event so we need to be there by then. We will be parking in the Ash/3rd st parking garage and our spot with PCH is at 3rd and Mill. They have given us our own TENT with walls so we can change and hide out in. She says she believe it is a 10 by 10 one and she will put a few chairs in there with a table for us. There should be refreshments avail. but I will also bring some for everyone too.

There will be over 1000 kidos there. They are busing in inter-city kids for this event. Our spot is also called the Start Village in a big Parking lot. She would like us to roam around to keep the kids happy and help them start each activity. They are doing activites, some like the ones some participated in, in Nov. She said they would like us to lead off them.

We have to polariod cameras, and about 5 fills for them. I am asking everyone if they could pic up at least 2 to 4 so we can take pictures for the kids that dont have parents or camera's with them.

Heather should have the passes and the maps to me before Saturday so I can give them to you at Jen and Joe's Party. If you can bring the film to her party that would be great. (Sorry for putting some business into your party Jen....LOL). I will also need to have a couple of non-dressed folks to help me out with keeping an eye on everyone (being there will be alot of kids) and to take pictures.

Any other questions or comments or complaints...just let me know. I think I have it all covered. Now all I need is a head count of WHO is DEFINITALLY GOING>.....

OH and Mark and Bill.....WHat is going on with the BAnner will we have one, Cause if not then we will have to make something up for our tent and the surprise I am cooking up.

I will also need a VERY, VERY GOOD CAMERA so I can ENLARGE a couple of pics without any distortion.

Thanks
    Bev.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    from what I am gathering.. you don't have to be in costume at 5:30am.. just in the place.. because of the closing roads and such.. Let me know if you want to stay with Jen so I can let her know how many to expect. she wanted to let us know she has dogs.. so if you fear dogs.. keep that in mind.. with a 5:30 am time to be there.. this means leaving by 3am I would think.. just to be on the safe side.. if you are driving over the morning of..

jack.. if more than two of us want to drive over.. my car is still down.. I am just wondering about that.. Dustin can carry four or five I believe he said.. the morning of..

if you are attending this.. please PM me and say.. yes.. count me in for the walk on the 15th.. so I can get an accurate count to give Bev.

if you want to attend.. and are unsure.. then ask your questions and let's get answers for you.

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I can take four comfortably, 5 snuglly (but we all love to snuggle) plus gear. Heh I should just see if my father would let me take his 5th wheel! Cat can you ask what the vader plan is? Is he going to be in costume mingling with th ekids ebfore the walk? Cause if he's not Ill do it since my costume is probably (but barely) more tolerable for longer periods of time. Then I can change out intot he poor unknown Tie Pilot for the actual walk.

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005

Im willin to bet there will not be another jango there bro you should go as daddy Fett!

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    DEFINITAVE ANSWER TIME!

Who is staying overnight and who is going up in the super-A.M.????

14. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Yeah, but Jango looks like poop compared to the canon Jango I want...so no Daddy Fett. If It turns out I can go, I will bring the dark Jedi costume

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    they have several vaders.. not sure how many.. but she said several

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. so I am guessing as it stands right now.. we have only Jack and Dustin and myself saying yes for sure they will be there.. please correct this if I am wrong.. Damien, Jada, and Frankie.. wondering about you.. I know you all want to be there.. but do you plan on being there.. I am needing to get a count to the DSG as soon as I can.. this is repetive I know I have already asked this a few posts above.. but I am just trying to keep us on our toes.

17. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Sorry I can't make it:_| .... I do hope you have lots of fun though....I can't wait until the next event....sometimes it sucks when you have to work, but gotta have money to live.
    TTYL

18. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Dustin, what time will we need to leave in the super AM?

19. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, I fully intend to show up. I don't know how I am getting to PHX or any other details but I do intend to show.

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Im guessing no later than 3AM, Cat when you get the map and directions let me know I dont want to waste time getting lost. I can take up Damien and Jada, and two more. Just everyone have your gear ready to throw intot he car or maybe I can swing by and get the larger bags the day before.

BUT! I CAN GO UP THE PREVIOUS EVENING IF JEN DOESN'T MIND US GETTING THERE A BIT LATE. I CAN LEAVE AROUND 8ISH. WOULD THIS WORK FOR YOU GUYS? OR WOULD YOU STILL RATHER GO SUPER EARLY?

21. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Heres a link to sime info about the race

http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1192760

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I will ask Jen about this.. for me.. I won't be able to function if I only get that little sleep.. I need to be in bed by 8ish at the latest.. but Jen probably won't mind at all if someone get's there around 10... I will call her and ask. Dustin.. I thought you were wearing trooper gear that the DSG had ready for you.

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    The trooper gear wasnt set in stone, but she sounded like she could drum it up if needed, but I plan on troopin as the Tie Pilot, if they insisnt though I don't know if I can resist ;-)

Ok, Hope and I are going up later that night, Ill leave my house around 7:30/8ish to pick people and gear up, I'm jsut waiting to hear from everyone else, who is comin with me?

I apologize for the late change in plans but I only just found out I could leave that night after my daughters party.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I would just go full out as the tie pilot.. bring the vader gear to find out about pointers.. but not necessarily to wear it.. if they have that many vaders already.. might be better just to go with what they don't have.. though I don't really have a clue.. just my thoughts.

though if they have the trooper gear for you.. I would go trooper.. but that is just me.. if I could wear trooper gear I would do it in a heartbeat.. and forego anything else.. but my stomach won't do the trooper gear.. and I am not sure my back can hack it either.

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    oh Cat, if you'de PM me her address whenever you get it that'd be awesome so I can mapquest it. Will your phone work in PHX?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.