main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF Roadie to PHX

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    yes.. Jen and I talked.. she is expecting six of us.. any time on saturday and even after 10pm is okay. Still however waiting to hear back on questions I sent asking what type of polaroid film they want us to bring.. and if we should bring any refreshments for the tent area.. or which costumes they might like.. or might not like to see.. I figure I will hear back eventually.. or I will call again.. but I hate to keep calling.. trying to give another day to hear back by email.. in fact I sent the email on sunday night.. so.. probably some time today I will hear from them.

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm easy as to when, if I'm not driving I have no say.

What poloriod? Does she mean instant film or a instant camera in general?

I think I missed something.

3. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    How long after the event are we going to be in PHX?

Reason I ask is that the BEST chinese food I've had outside of ChinaTown in NYC is in PHX, in the asian district, a very pretty

Just a thought.

4. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    the event is over at noon.. and I am up for some chinese food.. totally!!! the film mentioned is polaroid 600.. the DSG has mentioned that would be good if people coming could pick up some for the DSG cameras for instant pics for the kids if at all possible.. I posted about it somewhere on page 2 I think..

okay.. forgot to add to this post.. this is Cathie.. Jake was in the middle of posting and mentioned that ya'll were asking about film.. so I borrowed him to tell you what I was referring to.. and to say I am so down/up for chinese food.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Jen said she will email more later in regards to the event.. I will keep us posted with the emails coming in.

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I am not whinning, but I am really gonna feel like an Thrift store suit at a Tuxedo event with Jango...the DSG look sharp, and on a scale from 1-10(personally) I feel Jango is a 4-5. And before you say it Cat..I do care what people think. But I am my worst critic. I dont want to look like crap.

You ever walk into a shoe store andd try on some new spiffy shoes, and then look at your old shoes you came in with...yeah, thats how I feel I will look next to the Clones and StormTroopers....

I'll bring him(Jango) if there is room, but I am most likely gonna be a Dark Jedi.

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Well, they said they'd have their Leia there so I'm taking that as "We want canon costumes".

I need to get a Jawa together.

It is frustrating not to have a canon costume. Other people can appreciate it but when it comes to the level of the 501st, they want canon.

I could always do an Imperial Officer as they do accept Admiral Daala, Isard and Mara Jade but . . .

8. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    "...we few... ...we happy few... ...we band of brothers..." HENRY V

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...manderin chicken, sweet & sour chicken, sweet & sour sauce, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    "I feel your pain", Frankie. I'm very much aware of the "Thrift-store" look of my wookiee. But the kids love it, and the kids will love whatever costume you wear.(I won't bring up that "special" outfit of yours with the tutu and butterfly wings...)
    I look at the wookiee as a "work in progress". I'm revamping my bowcasta, and later this year I need to get together with you to work on a leather pouch and bandoleer for the big guy. I'm also going to need a Jedi belt for Qui-Gon.

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Cat, this is doable for me if you want us to convoy up with Mugen...

12. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    tHE kids ARE WHY WE ARE GOING. wE WERE INVITED KNOWING WE DON'T HAVE CANNON COSTUMES. Oops sorry aboutt he caps, if they REALLY CARED about being 100% accurate they would not have invited us. I think we owe it to them to look as good as we can, which means bringing our best...Jango, the Jawa, the Wookie. These are our best, and Im just trying to catch up to their level.

Trust me we will not be invited to a con to represent the DSG. But everyhting else we lok awesome enough for. Come one Frankie dont let those porr kiddos down! They wanna see the robo...er Jango!

13. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Well, I'll bring my Dark Leia and ask Jenn. [face_peace]

14. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    whoever is jango looks pretty good dude
    very good actually
    you guys shouldnt bash yourselves when you know you dont have cannon costumes
    jango doesnt have to be jango
    whoevers janngo can be a custom mando
    wear whatever costume dude
    its your costume and you should be able to wear whenever and whereever without worry of people makin fun of you
    my jedi isnt cannon i dont care because its fun to go costuming
    and you guys can throw something cool together (whoever cant be dark leia then you can use bits and pieces from that costume and from another to make it unique)
    all of your costumes look great
    you guys really shouldnt worry unless you guys wanna join the 501st or the rebel legion
    (and i doubt alot of us could actually put a cannon costume together in such a very short time)
    my tie pilot costumetook about....half/most of the summer
    and then til about early september it was finished
    my jedi took about......4 to 5 weeks (not cannon yet)
    as long as you have fun it sholdnt matter
    i mean gettin laughed at (which you wont) isnt ass bad as being called a wierdo from some lil kids in toys r us

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yeeesssss, To Dustin you listen, hum.

We entertain kids and in turn help ease someone else's life, even if it's one person, our job is done.
    We (humans) are in a symbiotic relationship with each other, what goes around comes around. Just like KAOS theory. Help or be kind to someone and they will do the same to someone else, that person to another person, to someone else, and so on.

We are asked to help, not be jugged. I"m sure they have seen out pictures and know what we look like. I personally feel quite proud that we got their attention and they wish to have us amoung them. We have done alot of good in a short period of time and we really are just starting.

Jango Fett: Do you like your army?
    Obi-Wan: I look forward to seeing them in action.
    Jango Fett: They'll do their job well. I'll guarantee that.

I?m sure the DSG just needs help for a bit, and we should be honored that they asked us, we being so ?young? in this type of venture. When we needed more men (and women) they came and helped, and so will we do the same in turn.

Moff Jerjerrod: Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence -
    Darth Vader: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I'm here to put you back on schedule.
    Moff Jerjerrod: I assure you, Lord Vader. My men are working as fast as they can.
    Darth Vader: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
    Moff Jerjerrod: I tell you, this station will be operational as planned.
    Darth Vader: The emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    Moff Jerjerrod: But, he asks the impossible. I need more men!
    Darth Vader: Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.
    Moff Jerjerrod: The Emperor's coming here?
    Darth Vader: That is correct, Commander. And, he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
    Moff Jerjerrod: We shall double our efforts!
    Darth Vader: I hope so, Commander, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

Sorry, sort of saw a parallel in that dialog. The emperior being our fears.

?and this has NOTHING to do with anything, I just always liked how Harrison Ford delivered this line

Han Solo: Chewie and I will check it out, you two stay here.
    Luke Skywalker: Quietly. There may be more of them out there.
    Han Solo: Hey, it's me.

Remember, even the first glimmer of what is now the 501st had to start simple and get move involved.

16. TI-525

Oct 30, 2005
    sorry for that typo
    i apoligize
    im sick so i cant really type that great today
    omg so sorry

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Hal.. very well said

18. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Its because of the kids that I am going at all. Like I said..I will bring him, but I give no gaurantees on dressing the Jango part. I am actually working on Nihilus. I will leave it at that.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I didn't really take that to mean they wanted canon costumes though.. I took it to mean they wanted something other than what they already had.

20. TI-525

Oct 30, 2005
    lil kids are great
    even though they call me darth vader sometimes

21. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    WORD

My bud that wore the Tie rig at the clinic was besieged by kids until they realized he wasnt Vader.

Hye you got a pic of your Tie rig? Did you get official 501st memebership?

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. I have spoken to Bev on the phone and I have been calling the group to give them updates rather than post.. to be sure we all get all the pertinent info and don't lose it in the posts. It was past ten before I got to Jack and Dustin though.. so I will call you two tomorrow.

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    PROBLEM![face_worried]

cAT WE NEED YOU TO CLARIFY THIS!

Lancer jsut posted this, this is an exerpt from his larger post, the most concerning part is this, which contradicts Bev's earlier post which said she wants up to wear our costumes.

"Due to the intense media coverage of this event, we are showcasing "Studio Quality" costumes at this event. If you are not sure if what you have qualifies, bring it with you so we can take a look at it. Jen, Gabby and Bev will be heading up this department. This doesn't mean that we won't need every set of hands that we can get. There are several people in our group that will be "Spotters or Wranglers". These people will be wearing club tee's and helping to keep an eye on people encumbered with costumes. I know that we don't have enough of these right now.

I hope this helps to get everyone on the same page. Thanks again for helping out and I look forward to meeting everyone."

Are they going to deny us the ability to wear our costumes once we get there?

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    They need to know that if thats the case we wont be wearing all but one or two of our costumes.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    dustin I have been trying to call you for three hours to let you know what Beverly said on the phone with me tonight..

she has costumes for you and frankie to wear already.. so if your costumes are not the specs they want.. they are already ready with armor for you to wear.

I was just wanting to talk on the phone as everyone misses posts.. so I want to get the specifics out over the phone.. as opposed to on the board

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.