TFF Roadie to PHX

Discussion in 'Tucson, AZ' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry, Ive been up in the station with a ton of evidence. Looks like Im not going to bring the Tie costume, so looks like Ill have even more room if anyone needs. Should I still try and finish your headpiece? What about the creatures? Like the Jawa and Wook?
  2. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    where are you.. I am still trying to call your phone.. the Jack and Damien's costumes should be fine.. if not we will go with the flow when we get there.. but I think that damien and Jack have costumes plenty good enough.. the only thing wrong with the tie pilot and jango is just they are not completed costumes yet..

duh.. your at the station with a ton of evidence.. and I keep dialing.. sorry bout that.

in any case when you can call me.. call.. and I will inform you of the whole plan.
  3. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Disregard my previous freak out post.
    The Tie is done, but not cannon enough
  4. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    no problem. in any event.. the original plan was to go up to Phoenix and enjoy ourselves and help out the DSG.. and that is what we are doing. Plus you get to wear armor again.. which you will most definitely enjoy..

now I gotta get back to driving Mugen crazy with the lightsaber discussion. I love a debate.. much more than I should most likely.

call me when you can DSJ.. I am up till at least 3am.
  5. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    On the DSG forum page, they are looking for "screen-quality" costumes. But they describe "canon" costumes as costumes of characters from the six films, including EU and video games, etc. So you can't make up your own character.
  6. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4

main thing for us all to keep in mind is that we are going to phoenix to have fun and hang out with other Star Wars fans.. help out the Arizona Community and entertain kids..plus do a bit of networking with the DSG members.. plus the event has more than just costumes.. there will be kind of a carnival type atmosphere if I am getting the idea.. in fact the talk is that the walk may not take place as we imagined..at least that is what I gleaned from what Bev told me that will be happening..as much as we all love hopping in our costumes and having the kids oooo and ahhh over us.. it's not always about being in costume.. so perhaps this time out we are more of a support system for the DSG.. but as we learn and grow into our own .. there will be plenty of chances for us to be the headliners and the ones that get the oos and ahs from the public.

one thing I do remember.. when the DSG came to our Hurricane Katrina event they basically trooped under our banner.. and in fact Jen got the guys to come up letting them know it was an all indoors event..and when they got there and I said I wanted trooping outdoors in the sun and heat.. they did it.. and they never complained.. they trooped and we had a great great event.. and much of it was owed to how they came and helped us out and they respected our thoughts and wishes..

Now is our chance to do the same.. I can't wait.. and I know ya'll can't wait either.. I think it will be a lot of fun.. and I am looking forward to sunday with a lot of excitement and anticipation.

7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    yes.. the rebel legion does this as well.. you have to go with a canon costume.. it is of screen quality.. not meaning a character for the movies necessarily.. but made in an extremely professional manner with good quality materials.. though you can pretty much go with just a plain jedi costume and get in.. based on there being so many Jedi out there in the EU in just regular Jedi clothing.
  8. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    so to consider a costume to be "cannon" it must be from the 6 SW movies, and thats it? Arn't the video games, and cartoons included? Hmmm..maybe no Nihilus either then...:confused:
  9. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    EU characters are fine.. just needs to be studio quality.. in another words.. nothing cheap and thrown together that would not look professional.. no using t shirts and regular pants.. say for instance.. my costume has a regular t shirt.. and jake uses pants bought off a rack.. that does not cut it when getting into the 501st.. they also want helmets that are made professionally.. or at least modified in a professional way.. for instance.. Jen even gets complaints for using a master replica saber for her Mara Jade costume.. but.. she is Mara Jade.. and that is an EU character, so the EU character is fine.. but the costume just has to look "studio quality".. not halloween quality so to speak.. at least in order to be considered for the 501st or the rebel legion..
  10. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    10-4 I recently found a guy who makes the Darth Revan costume, Darth Nihilus Mask, and the Tusken Raider costume...he does a damn good job too...just a little pricey. And this ish is movie/game cannon. Its too bad I will not be able to buy the masque by Sat evening. :(

As far as the rest of the costume, I feel it is looking good as to be cannon...I just need that mask.
  11. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, tomorrow will determin if I bring up any costume at all. I stil need to finish painting my helmet. Id feel much better if my armor came in on time, oh well.
  12. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    yes to get in thew 501st or rebel legion you have to have a very good quality costume not neccesarilly canon
    after that one costume you can make/wear any costume you want
    so just 5 more years for me and my tie pilot/jedi can go into the 501st and rebel legion

what are you painting on your helmet? sounds good
    i painted my tie helmet and it certainly does make my costume unique

and yes for the republic commando it can go into the 501st
    and you better mamke it look really cool
    Tim Knapps commando honestly doesnt look that good (if you dont know him oh well)
    im guessing you got the commando helmet from e-bay right....if so thats an awesome helmet
  13. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here is the thing.

We all put a lot of time and effort into our costumes. I've already on my Dark Leia put in close to 50 hours making just that.

My Queen Marnew . . . I've probably put in over 150 hours with the hand beading I've done.

We work hard on our costumes and to have them "excused" as not being good enough is an insult to us.

Mine could easily be a variation on Barriss Offee.

14. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    you guys may not understand what they mean
    over here in SD i hear all of my fan force members (almost all of them are in the 501st/rebel legion/both)
    and they say all you need is a great quality costume to get in

15. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know . . . don't mind me I'm in a bit of a foul mood.

strangles OPPM like the cowardly little beast that it is! [face_beatup]
  16. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Mugen's helmet was custom made for him, and it show's impressive it is.

IM GONNA BE A SHOCK TROOPER! RUOMOR IS I GET T WEAR THIS! SORRY FRANK I GOTT KNOW WHAT A CLONE FEEL LIKE!

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/LaborDayFundraiser2005/501stDSG.jpg]

Im going for this

[image=www.jedi-academy.com/.../ tiepilot_helm_hose3.jpg]
  17. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, hey ,hey....youre no clone...last time I heard you were a dirt trooper..err, sand trooper. You would have been barely born or really young when the clones were still around..damned TK, sandpooper... :p

that is really cool if you get to be a Shocker, I'll spot you..cuz i'll be in Dark Jedi attire.
  18. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    In other words, no wearing street clothes, putting on a wookiee mask, and claiming you're Chewbacca's bastard son.
  19. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK got to say this (I know I have before but...)

I'm TOO short to be a storm trooper!!!

I'm SOOO jealous!!!!

I guess I?ll never know what that feels like.

:-(

20. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    no one is ever too short
    we have a kid over here whos like 9 or so and hes a shock trooper
  21. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Last I heard, there were no height requirements on wearing a COSTUME!
    You want to be a trooper, be the trooper, feel the trooper.
    (You'll just never be in any film...)
    (Wait! A FAN FILM idea! A take-off on that old Christmas story, "The Littlest Angel". "THE LITTLEST TROOPER"!!!!!)
  22. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I got some Polaroid 600 film. Guess I'm about as ready as I can get.
  23. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I also am going to get some film, as soon as I can get over to a Walgreens
  24. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There was a 6'2" Jawa at C3 ;)
  25. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oy! Now I'm not even the tallest Jawa?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.