main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF Roadie to PHX

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    OMG that was sooo funny. Nearly fell out of my chair and peed myself!!!! [face_laugh]

Time is almost here...cant be a Dark Jedi, cant be Jango, cant bring Nihilus.....what is a clone to do...I'll wear my Harry Potter costume!!!!!:rolleyes: yeah right.

2. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, I was going to be uber stubborn and turn my costume into a Barris Offee costume but then I got a cup of Shut The Heck Up from myself and realized that the most important thing is to be there to help and to enjoy everything.

Plus, as a spotter:

3. I won't have armor cutting into my privates

4. I'll be wearing comfy, loose fitting clothes, not a lycra body stocking

5. I'll be in nice, cozy sneakers

6. I won't suffocate with a helmet on

7. [face_dancing] [face_devil] :p

8. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    you make being a spotter sound so romantic and fantastic, but personally I'd like to be head to toe in plastic, fiberglass and looking through a viser anyday.

9. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    just wear your costumes
    who honestly cares
    and if the kids dont know what you are
    all the more reason
    that would look awesome to the kids
    they will want to take a picture with you then (and will anyways if they get an idea of who you are)
    "what is that?"
    "i dont know lil billy... wanna take a picture with him/her?"
    "yeah yeah yeah"
    strike a pose and spot in your costume and call it a nice star wars filled day

10. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    types out response . . . realizes it isn't appropriate

:p 8-} [face_clown]

I did look at monk's cloth today also but right now I don't have 5.97 a yard to shell out to make my Jawa.

Moving costs. [face_frustrated]

11. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Well I hope you all have a good time.... Just remember I'm there in spirit.....Even though I can't go[face_frustrated] :( :_|
    If I could be there, you know I would be.....I just wanted to say enjoy yourselves, and try to pick up as many pointers as you can.....I'd give anything to experience wearing armor....for those of you that get to wear the stuff they have as extra:D....Have fun and remember it's for a good cause whether you're in costume or not.
    TTYL

12. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    hey.. frankie.. your darth nihilus might be just perfect.. just depends.. in any case keep in mind folks.. we are going to do this for fun and enjoyment.. not to make a statement about costumes. It should be great fun and pretty informative as well.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Jedi DragonSir will be missed, we ill think of you and appreciate your sacrifice for the greater good.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am waiting for clothes to dry to pack in my bag.. kind of nervous and excited at the same time. Hope ya'll don't mind making a quick pit stop at a wal mart.. that is cheapest for film.. and I have to grab some. Is anyone taking their digital camera's so that we have pics of our own as well.. probably late in the game to be asking this.. but then I am assuming that Damien and Hope and Dustin are all doing this anyway.

I am looking forward to some chinese food.

15. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Jake we'll miss ya, but dont worry there will be other events!

Cat set me straight, the botom line is we are there to pay them back which means whatever they want us to do, armor, costume, or not.

Be safe going up there guys and have fun Hope and Ill see you soon!

16. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    This, my friends was a great trip. Sure we got our butts kicked, but it was worth it. Kinda like an evening with a high ranking dominatrix....anyway, it was a huge success and we met alot of great people. So now what do we do now? We get armor. =P~

Thanks for all who joined in and thanks for all those that were there in spirit. I think we made a pretty good impression with our friends in the DSG..and what wonderfull people they are.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, I must concur!

18. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    Well hello everyone, After talking to Cat... I heard that you all had a blast and that you would do it again in a heartbeat....just wish I could've been there.....I would have loved to wear some armor:D
    I'm glad you all had fun...as for me, I finally had my first good night in almost 2 weeks... and made over $100[face_dancing]
    I should be able to take some vacation time in March for the MS walk....Lord knows I need one....I can't wait to be in costume again... I know, I know, more action for the camera:D Well that's it for now
    TTYL

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    For all of you that attended this event...Thank you from the bottom of my very being and heart...We had so much fun...learned so much...made many new friends...wore our bodies out and would do it again tomorrow in an instant...thank goodness we don't have to as I know for one need a few days to recover from this weekend...as Jake is taking dictation from me and relaying it to everyone here since I am not much for moving about today

Give me until tomorrow and I will be back to speed...just again to say I think the world of all you and am so honored to count you as my friends...I look forward to our next event together.

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Jake, that's great! Now maybe you can get some really good sleep also and make it a great week for ya, you deserve it dude.

MS walk? Cat, what ya get us into now? :confused:

Hahaha, of course we'll do it.

21. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    I'm glad to hear that the Wookie, Jawa, and Darth Nihilus outfits went over really well... That means we are off to a good start...costume wise...and that's a good thing...looks to me we are in good standing with the 501st:D [face_dancing]
    The little Fan Force that could strikes again:D
    TTYL

22. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Well, was it worth it? Yes.

I am just waking up from about 15 hours of sleep (interupted several times). I slept through my fiance calling me, I set the alarm and almost made my child go to school and then was told she didn't have school today :oops:, got up, went to the recliner and fell back asleep.

It was a great but exhausting time. [face_dancing]

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Sorry for the double post [face_blush]

Here are my pictures from the event:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/DSG%20Jan%2015th%20Event/

Sorry the quality sucks. I only have a $20 digital camera from Walmart. :_|

24. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    As usual you all rock with your...well you know what I mean. Hopefully as time goes on I can be more proactive. Nice to know you all are paving the way.

25. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Bah! What the Phooey! Photobucket is down. [face_frustrated]

26. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    i know......crap

27. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey Frank, looks like they posted some more pics from the Phx walk

http://www.az501st.com/galleries/images/index.aspx

28. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Just "upping" this

For the MS walk on 4.8.06 we have (commited) so far ForceInept, HAL9K1, Mugen, CathieCat, and ThatsMrWookie

Still ahve to find out who's driving, configuration, length of stay (and any sleeping arangments), etc.

29. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I'll drive, if we could split the cost on fuel..Cat is gonna call up there and see if we have a floor to sleep on, but if not, we can always rent a motel/hotel room.

30. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Ya know We're always good for gas especially if we stop at.....=P~ [image=http://www.epinions.com/images/opti/c6/f9/restChain_RestaurantsInNOut_Burger1-resized200.gif] [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.