main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF t-shirts

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by WookieWallaby, Oct 8, 2005.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    very kewl.. everyone remember to send DSJ your shirt size if you are purchasing a shirt.. and DSJ as soon as you can let us know what the cost will be so we all know if we can afford to get a shirt.

2. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    The logo on the backside sounds like a good idea. Here's my take on the shirt design.
    ON THE BACK - In the middle is a planet, flanked on either side by a sun (the "two suns"), with two lightsabers (red?, blue?) crossing over the planet (like the old cavalry logo). Above or below, or both, would be the club's name.

ON THE FRONT - This could be a single color idea. An Imperial logo over the heart with the quote, "Rebel Scum.", Of course, there would also be a Rebel logo version, with the quote, "Imperial Scum.", or whatever you would want the quotes to be.

So, what do you guys think of the idea?

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I like, I like

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    In reply to WookieWallaby's post I say:

Let the Wookiee win! [face_dancing]

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    unfortunately.. as you could tell from an earier post of mine.. I am not good at visual learning on art design.. so I can read what WW said.. but unless I see it .. I don't really see it.. I am great at visual learning in other areas, I can read a book and understand the whole context.. well.. unless it is talking about describing room setup.. that stuff escapes me even when reading.. like the inside of a spaceship design.... or when in a book they talk about the hallway and the viewport and the ceiling and how they look and how far apart they are and so on and so forth.. I can read and reread the passage.. but I am not normally able to visualize it.. someone said once it was because I do not have a mathematical mind.. If someone speaks it aloud to me.. then I can visualize it.. but have problems with it on paper..

wonder if that is some type of learning disability.. anyways... I am up for what ya'll said.. though I like what Dustin already has lined up for the one logo.

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    I think WookieWallaby's can be a future plan for the t-shirts while we can get Dustin's done quickly. :)

7. BHG-Brandl

BHG-Brandl Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2005
    shirts would be awesome. I would take one definately...

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Please don't forget my four shirts on Friday night.. as I leave for Arkansas the next morning.

can't wait to see them!!

9. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok the T-shirts will be done intime, but please dont cricify me for them not being as good looking as screen printed

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Just Upping this for those that don't ahve a T-Shirt yet (or two) ]-} ]-}

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    What's the latest info on the statis of the silk-screened shirts?

And who's this "WookieWallaby" guy? Can't even spell the name wright.

12. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I was just going to ask the same thing Jack :p [face_clown]

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yes.. I want a silk screened shirt. Should I just call a local place and ask.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  15. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok so as of now we are going with this right?

I have had the time to come up with something totally unique to the TFF, but everyone seems to like the rehashed images of this one:

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/starwars2.jpg]

Ill go to sunshine silk screen in midtown (since ill be working there tomorrow) and get a quote.

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Are you saying you ALREADY HAVE a totally unique design completed? What does it look like? The shirts DO NOT have to be done by the June meeting, but I think we SHOULD have them done and ready to hand out by the July meeting. It would be a nice way to mark our 1st year anniversary.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    What day and month is the Official 1 year mark, or did we already pass it?

I would think it's the release of Ep.3 or Katrina event, but I was not around for the release (or before that) so I'm just guessing. It's really a question for Cat.

18. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Well being as we Cat and I got together before Ep3 and had talked and schemed about starting the TFF and its goodness maybe a little before the release of Ep3? Cat?

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    But when was your 1st official meeting as the "new and improved" TFF?

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Tucson Boards reopened May 11th of 2005.

May 2005 Meeting, May 19th. Held at IHOP. It was a combination meeting and party. It counted as our first OFFICIAL meeting.. however, in the month of May we had a number of TFF events, including three prop parties, the week of and before the ROTS Premiere, and one coffee chat afternoon at JM's house, the week after the ROTS release.

June 2005 Meeting, June 20th at Bookman's Grant/Campbell
    July 2005 meeting, July 9th at Bookman's Grant/Campbell, this meeting was considered our third official meeting and we elected a CR.

which makes the official month May.. though we had actually begun chatting online in April and making plans to put the group together, but we did not actually do anything official as a group until May. All of our May 2005 events were publicized by the FF boards, radio(KRQ & KLPX), Newspapers (Daily Star & Tucson Citizen), fliers, and word of mouth.

21. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I wasn't with you guys at the beginning, I was going with the elections Month as the starting date...
    My bad. I sit corrected, since I won't stand for it.:p ;)

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I find it quite kewl that our year anniversary coincides with all star wars movies release dates being in May!!

24. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    This is just an example of how much of a life I DON'T have... I made this picture... I was bored...

[image=http://myspace-705.vo.llnwd.net/00749/50/78/749308705_l.jpg]

It's like a Two Suns logo that has more to do with "Two Suns"

Tell me what you think...

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that is very kewl.. I like it a lot.. can you rework it without the star wars logo on it.. technically we are not supposed to use star wars in our icons or promotions due to legalities with LFI. your going with a similar design to what dustin has been interested in creating.. you two should put your heads together and see what you can come up with..