main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF WebSite, needs input

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, Jan 30, 2006.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I need pictures to post of our last event. If anyone has them I will add them to http://www.danzelmo.com/7.23.06IttTech.htm

PS.... Somehow in transfering data from the PC to the web server I lost the banner... anyone have it?

2. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    If anyone needs or wants an update to the website tell me in the next 48 hours, I will mostlikely be unable to edit the website for the next week or so. I DID do some updating and clean up this Am. Pictures of the last ITT event and such also.

Thanks

3. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Updated!

Tell me sooner rather than later if any updates or changes need to be done cause once I move I won't have much time to do updates on a regular basis.

4. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    and if I ever get off my lazy bum and do some work, and get hal's permission, I could manage/update the site every so often.

5. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Just the link to Ultrasabers

6. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I offered the site to you a while ago. You just need to move the site to it's own location.

Ultrasabers link was done yesterday

7. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    yeah thats what I meant by doing some work :D

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Well I can administer the site from any place on earth with an internet connection. So if worst comes to worst, I can still do webmastering from Beverly Hills. Not a big deal at all.

9. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I just don't really have the money to pay a5 bucks a month for a site right now... otherwise I would totally be up for it.

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    If we can't find someone who can have a freebie, for the TFF group, website, then it looks like we have another financial issue to address at the meeting on the 27th.

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I can still host it and update it at anybodys request, I've pre-paid for 2 years hosting already.

12. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I don't have some intense need to be the webmaster, but I am able to do what would be required. So if it somehow works out I could do it...

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I need dates and times for what?s a definite for 2006 if they are set so I can update the "upcoming event" section of the web site.

14. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Can do.. DSJ or I will PM the times and dates to you.

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    K, done, thanks!

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Since this is the "busy" time for the TFF do we have a confirmed listing of events so I can post them to the website ?

17. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well, the next two are not events the general public is being invited to, the TMC visit and the CRS clinic. Otherwise, theres the meeting in november, the holiday party, and the nursing home visit

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Ok

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Kinda done with the "all colorful" website... I want to change the layout and the basic look (till keeping it easy to navagate and good for dial up)... any sugestions or point me to a template U might like?

Also, side note... 61 inch TV huge price drop (PM me) and adding my couch (2 recliners, queen bed, built in phone).

20. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Do you just use HTML for the site design or something else? I'm bored these days since Chris never schedules me to work much, so I could do some stuff on the site. There are A LOT of broken links/misplaced licnks/etc. on the site. Pm'ing you about the TV, too.

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    HTML and a editor (frontpage2K- I'm lazy). I don't see any broken links or misplace links. Where did you see them?

22. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    pretty much all the links starting from the 14of3amberofborg link to the end.

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I don't get bad links, wonder what the issue is [face_thinking]

24. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I didn't mean to say bad links but they are actually linking to the wrong place. for example, if you click _Anakin_Vader_ in the table, it takes you to thatsMISTERwookiee's user page. Clicking on 4 Sale at the bottom opens your default e-mailer and mails to danzelmo@danzelmo.com.

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey Damian are the email links working? Toyboxx jack said he sent some emails but never got a response.

Also, we dont have a direct link tot he websight onthe main Southwest forum baord like the PHX FF does,
    http://boards.theforce.net/default.asp?cat=10018