Tucson TFF WebSite, needs input

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, Jan 30, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK. http://www.tucsonfanforce.com/

<Dustin snip>
    I agree that we need something on the front of the site that says what out next event is, and how to join, and then an email link. Then something that says "request an appearance" much like the 501st site </dustin snip>

Not sure what version you seeing but next event is at the bottom of the page. Join and e-mail are under the contact page.
    Request an appearance was infered in the contact but I guess I should make that more clear?

<Dustin snip>The great thing aboutt he previous webpage, eventhough it was simple, was that it was easy to find the links and announcements, right when yo open the site you see them right away. I think the most important thing new visitors need to see are that we want new members, have meetings (like a "join us" after Mugens mission statement. And if new visitors want to request us they need to know how and will want to see pictures. The link text ont he left needs to be bolder I think as well</Dustin snip>

OK, I think U want it more detailed? I'm trying to make this as easy to navagate and informative as possible in a small space. maybe I"m just not being clear enough or too simple.

<Dustin snip>Also, despite being cliched, the starry background was much more interesting than the adobe or stucco now. I dont like it at all.
    Damian I have all the graphics stored from the previous banner and logos I made, do you need me tomake a banner that would span the width of the site? </Dustin snip>

Actually that's more of a sand color, I was trying to keep with the Tucson or Arizona theme. Star background can be put in but it will change the whole site, reversing all the text colors and trying to make text stand out on top of the "specked" background.
    Yes, more graphics will be nice... I was pulling from what I could get my hands on. Banner that is longer would be helpfull.
    I was trying to avoid the problem Chris and Amber have viewing it but it can never fit every resolution and browser.

<dustin snip>Our "Contact Us" should be on the front page so people know we are accessible and available for events. </dustin snip>

Contact us is on the front page, to the left... should it also be centered on the main page?

<dustin snip>Oh, a Junkyard would be cool where we can sell or trade our junk! </dustin snip>

"for sale" or http://www.danzelmo.com/ForSale.htm was a "junk yard" page, nobody ent me anything to put up but Frankie a very long time ago.

<chris snip>
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Banner/finalbanner2.jpg]
    </chris snip>

This one? Bigger?

"move along" is basically a "storage page" for ideas and a space holder.... that can be made into a sale page.
  2. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Still shows a two suns FAN
    on my screen
  3. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    What browser and screen resolution R U using?
  4. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    ummm yeah no idea........browser? like windows me? or you mean like internet explorer? comcast cable? yeah i have no clue what you are saying........
  5. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Internet browser: Internet explorer, Opera, Firefox, AOL, Netscape, etc.

Within each one their are also versions and add-ons... this could effect internet page viewing also.

Resolution (assuming U R running a "modern" windows system): Right mouse click on an empty part of your desktop. Go to the bottom menu option- properties. All the way to your right in the tabs is your screen resolution control called settings.
    OR start menu, control panel, display, setting on the extreme right tab.

Screen resolution examples
    480X620
    600X800
    1024X768?

What is your screen resolution?
  6. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
  7. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's all it is, a setting. It's nothing wrong with your PC or the website.
  8. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks good Damian, but I think a "Join us!" should be on the front, but thas jut my suggestion. Our site is going to be our main recruiting tool.

I am going to make a couple of banners that go across the page, what size should I shoot for?
  9. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    1024X768 looks OK. It's low but average rez I would think.

Next time I go 2 edit it I'll put the "join us" with a link (again) to e-mail and next meeting location. Unless anyone can think of a better way of doing it.
  10. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    looks alot better but I am BH-2244 and Frankie is TC-8991.........
  11. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL, I Cut and pasted that from the "old" site... it's bene like that all this time and I never knew.

Sorry about that, fixed
  12. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    and I got my TI number not for being Vader.
  13. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, again sorry. I "fixed" that last night when I re-did the other ones I messed up
  14. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    I sent some images Damian, let me know if they're useful, and what other types you could use.

15. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Send me whatever, I'll use it or store it. At least we have a choice that way.
  16. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/links.htm

What else needs to be linked?
  17. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    we still need our site linked to the southwest tff page here
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_usa_southwest/c10018
  18. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I added a MUCH NEEDDED calendar to the site. It's under the page tab on the left.

This SHOULD make any TFF events (as varied as a small get together to a fundraser or walk) easier to find and keep track of.

I need input on it and any info to add to it. I just am having too hard a time keeping up with all the dates and times.

It's a fully searchable and public calendar.
  19. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/calendar.htm

It's still under TucsonFanForce.com just hidden a URL by the DNS server.

To update please tell me the details of the event. I"ll make it TFF editable (all members) as soon as I have the time.
  20. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the reminder. I just sent BrotherHalo a PM about it.
  21. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/calendar.htm

Has been updated
  22. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Would it be to difficult to have a link to our video snippets somewhere?

Also we STILL need our webishgt linked to the Southwest page here

http://boards.theforce.net/default.asp?cat=10018
  23. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I've already sent more than one request in to have this done. They will get around to it eventually. :)
  24. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Chris for pointing out a odd problem on the picture page. It's been fixed.

Several pages have been updated and "fixed" also.
  25. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    WOW, THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK DAMIAN, THE PAGE LOOKS GREAT
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby