main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN collaborated effort fan film?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by braxtanFILM, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I have this crazy idea, and that is getting as many people on this board to work on one project as possible. I was thinking we could make a fan film that consists of five parts, so there would be a writer/director/actors for each part. We could have an official rotoscoping team, producer, etc. Any ideas? I think this would be a blast...

2. Jophis

Jophis Jedi Master star 3

Aug 19, 2000
    And thus it starts ... AGAIN.

3. althegreat

althegreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    har har har...

(if this isn't a joke, then it's even funnier)

4. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    By that post I mean, a ton of people have already tried putting stuff like this together. But hey good luck, maybe you will be The One.

5. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    What is funny is that I have been writing a script for an animated short parodying this idea. I already have some great cameos signed on too.

6. Black_Chameleon

Black_Chameleon Jedi Master star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Sounded pretty cool to me...

7. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Yeah, I've seen this idea come and go a million times too...

Like it was said above me: Good luck. Maybe you'll be the ONE...

Sage H.

8. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    Huh, well I'd never seen the idea posted. Oh well, I apologize...

Guess we'll lock it and watch it sink like a rock...

9. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    Oh it sounds cool, it is just one of those things easier said than done. It would be a blast, but unless you are volunteering to lead it up, it won't happen.

EDIT: Don't need to lock it, it is a good idea. But if it is gonna be more than an idea, someone needs to take charge. And it isn't me, lol, after The Awakening, I am retiring from Fan Films.

10. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    I'd consider heading it up if others were interested. But I'm not writing the script. I'll film a part of it...

11. NitroBlade

NitroBlade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2004
    Are you asking people from these boards to work on the visual effects, and script? Cause you still have to worry about where you're shooting, who's acting in it, who's filming the entire thing, ect...

I don't think everyone here lives in the same area, or country for that matter.

12. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    I thought about doing this once, but considering the age of the boards, I'm sure it's been brought up before...and since I've never seen any end result it obviously didn't work ;)

13. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    The reason this idea dies is because it ends up being one person films the film and everybody else does the work and gets little credit for it.

The best way i heard it being done was a story with a sertain number of episodes in it (the number of teams wanted to film) each with their own characters but had a storyline that tied in all together. I think the idea was brothers.

but that still won't be a groups project. the best way to do it is have it be fan audio. As butler likes to say, there were many countires in volved in second strike.

14. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Alright, let me whip out the poster for this film again, If I can find it.

Ah yes here it is. Good Luck

[image=http://www.ldsflix.com/images/fan-poster.jpg]

15. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    The answer for this is for Fig and I to become Filthy rich. Then I'll buy everyone willing to help out a plane ticket to alaska, each person bringing something to help the filming process, mics, cameras, tripods, dolly's, something. Then, we go home, have Ryan do the Sabers and Dorkman do the audio, and Presto! Instant fanfilm classic.

So Fig, where's your half of the filthy rich? I'm working on my end.

16. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    can we call it the running lynx??? lol

17. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    Well, my idea was kind of along these lines:

We write a story revolving around some characters, and then it is divided up into five (just an example) parts, which will all be filmed by five different people. This way it can be filmed all over the planet at the same time. The actor playing each character will differ from scene to scene, but they will always wear the same costume.

I think this could be pretty funny--this film would have to be a comedy.

Once each crew finishes their shoot, they mail their tape to who ever is going to edit this, who will gather music, sound effects, roto'd shots, etc from who ever is doing those aspects.

Someone can do the artwork, publicity, credits, production design, costumes, etc. The only thing that has to be centralized is the editor.

What do you guys think?

18. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    I was wondering when we'd see this idea again. Trust me, it's never going to happen. Well, most likely. You say you've never seen this thread up before? LOL

P.S. - I've seen the poster before, but how come Mulder and Scully are in it?

-KNick

19. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    can we call it the running lynx??? lol

[face_laugh]

Those were the days.

M. Scott

20. Jedi_KNick

Jun 16, 2003
    what was the running lynx?

-KNick

21. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Mulder and Scully are there because some of the past ideas were sci-fi crossover films. Then when the whole Batman Dead End thing came around I put him in as a special guest.

22. Jedi_KNick

Jun 16, 2003
    Special Guest, LOL.

-KNick

23. VanderPike

VanderPike Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2004
    I have an idea...

I will share it...

Rather than have a character be the lynch pin, why not have each episode revolve around the same prop? That way, no one will have to play the same character and the sets wouldn't matter.

I recall a TV series from a few years ago called The Dead Man's Gun. Basically, the only recurring character from episode to episode was a pistol. Each show revolved around the affect that the gun had on the lives it touched through out the years. We could do something like that.

Imagine an Ancient Sith artifact, a droid, a weapon... the list goes on.

Let me know what you all think...

24. flaminsheep

flaminsheep Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2004
    I think I read a Gary Paulsen book with a similar basis called The Rifle or something like that back in Middle School. I like the concept, but I doubt it will happen...

25. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    I like it, but if we do a comedy, the different actors thing would also work. Either way, it's a direction to start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.