main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN Fanfilms convention? Meet your favorite board members!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by SovereignKnight, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998

Throw my vote in for Southern CA.

I really thought that Celebration 2 would be held at the L.A. convention center. Los Angeles is one of the few places that people flying in could make an entire vacation out of it. Once you're done at the convention, you could head out to the beach, hit Universal Studios, Disneyland, Magic Mountain, take a tour of Hollywood, you could even go down to Grauman's Chinese theater and chat with the people that will inevitably be in line for EP2.

What is there to do in Indy?

Oh well. Maybe Celebration 3.

2. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Hmm... I didn't really expect a response to this. I know it isn't gonna happen, but I just threw it up to see where it would land. Anyway, I like the idea of having a mini-convention inside of a big one like Celebration II. Or even the idea of regional conventions is cool. Where is Celebration again? Indy?? (weird) That's only about a 3-hour drive for me. That'd be cool. Who knows. I just think it would be cool to actually meet some of the people I've gotten to know here over the last year. The closest I get is the chat room, but only about 1% of us are ever there, and some of the people who I would deem 'influential' and would be 'someone to know' (like _Rive or Banshee) are never there. The whole voice-chat thing went over about as well as a lead balloon, so nothing there. Perhaps there's a different route?

SK

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    London! Yeah, London. You know, fish, chips, cup-'o-tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary ******* Poppins, London!

Nah, my vote goes for New England. Somewhere in the New England; anywhere! Reason? Check my sig? Can't argue with that!

4. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey ... aren't I someone to know ??? ;)

But seriously folks . . . . . .
    Imagine the press and publicity TFN would get if there WAS an independent FanFilm Convention held.

OR .... even a TFN CONVENTION as a whole - not only featuring FanFilms, but FanFiction, FanArt,
    FanCostumes, Fan3D, etc. ALL of the things that make TFN the PREMIERE STAR WARS FAN SITE on the internet. :D

Maybe we could even have a TFN CONEVENTION WEST and EAST.

5. Darth Virru

Darth Virru Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    West and East . . . but what about Central? Oklahoma is pretty much right in the middle and borders the all popular Texas. Not that I could really get anywhere without a car . . . but I could try.

6. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Oooooooooooooooooklahoma is a very fascinating place...

or NOT

Son: (crying) Mommy, Sparky ran away yesterday when I opened the porch door!

Mother: I know Billy, but don't worry. We'll find him.

Father: He could be miles away by now, but luckily we live in Oklahoma, and I can still see him way in the distance. Look, (points out across the prairie) there he is!

Son: Thanks Dad!

:D

just kidding

SK

7. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm sure Oklahoma is a very nice place . . . .

But no offense, wouldn't you rather come to Southern California - check out Hollywood, the SoCal beaches, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Zayn/JediTAC/Golden-Y/buliwif/Banshee ... ya know - the finer things in life. ;)

8. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    make it in oct nov or dec of this year, i might have a car then heh.

9. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    <<who has acsess to a screening location.

who could get a digital projector. >>

Well, Pinewood Studios it is!

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

10. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Well considering the PTH and JA crews are all down here in SoCal we are certainly voting for cali. though most of us are traveling able as long as were not working.

11. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    I honestly think Texas is the best idea... it can be driven to from anywhere... no major flights are needed... beleive me, if you took 4 days off work you could probaby get there in half a day, set up, have the convention 2 days, then leave... it could even be three if you wanted... I drove from Wisconsin to Mexico... so beleive me, California to Texas and Florida to Texas IS possible...

Besides... Gita is moving there :)

Cya
    Mike

12. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Lord Gita:

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:p

13. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    The only thing in Texas is steers and qu . . . . . .
    nevermind. ;)

14. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Texas is a place I'd love to visit....

Pete

15. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I think Austin, TX would be a good choice as then I can go bug all my mates at Origin and Destination Games etc :)

I am from Australia and will be in the US between the 6th and 20th of July this year. If you could organise it then, be great! And it its summer holidays for you Americans so easier to travel etc and more could come...

Austin is a good central location to go to, personally California is yukky from what I saw when I went to E3 last year, tho somewhere like New York could be cool. Or you could always have it in Sydney, Australia. After all Scream's here, I'm here amongst many others :p

16. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    California is YUCKY ??????

Have you SEEN the women here ??????

17. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    umm reality check, I AM A WOMAN! :p
    Why on earth would I wanna look at CHICKS?!

18. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    <<California is YUCKY ??????

Have you SEEN the women here ?????? >>

I HAVE! And I have a whole disk of digital pics of them as well! I never knew so many women were interested in a Makeup Artist Trade Show.

Anyway, more on topic, it's funny that this has come up, as we have been working on something on the East Coast with a local movie theater. While nothing is locked down yet, but we have been talking with an owner of a theater in NC where we would be showing fan films on a movie screen, one of the largest in town. We showed our trailer there on Thursday, and it looked pretty cool. Again, the whole thing is not locked in yet, but we hope to do so by the end of next week.
    Whether or not you guys want to travel to the East Coast, it is something that is already being planned, and we were about to start asking fan filmmakers if they would be interested in showing their work. So, just another option for you guys, if you want.

<<<edit: spelling>>>

19. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    I guess us guys have different opinions about CA. California chicks are hot!!!

Anyway, i think SoCal is a good place. I'm in SD so all the better for me. As mentioned we got all the good stuff here... well, most of it. I mean come on... DisneyLand! :p

20. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    I mean C'MON ..... ZAYN IS HERE !!! :D

21. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    Listen... I'm going to say it again, if I can drive from wisconsin to mexico in one non stop 26 hour period, you guys in Cali can make it to Texas... I have a friend that went to UCSD for college and drove there from mexico and drives back for visits... Texas isn't that much to ask...

Plus, I haven't been to Austin much, but Huston is really nice... I mean, come on, a guy from Australia says he'll come there... that has to say something!

Cya
    Mike

22. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    uhhh wix, I'm a GIRL! :p

23. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Problem AJ? [face_devil]

I think Austin, TX would be a good choice

I am inclined to agree. :D

24. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    Austin would be great :)

25. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    Driving to texas IS a lot to ask if I don't have a car!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.