main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN FINANCES

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MidiChlorian, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidiChlorian

MidiChlorian Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2002
    Does anyone wonder if Jeff Yankee makes $$money [a % of sales] from Duality pushing the DV Garage tutorials? What's up with that scam.. I mean scheme... I mean financial arrangement...

Does it imply that Jeff will work harder to promote fanfilms with which he has a money-making angle?

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    What are you talking about???

1) Duality was released well before DVGarage was around, and gained popularity based on it's own merits, not as a poster child for DVGarage.

2) I challenge you to site a single post where Jeff "promotes" Duality. Especially since...

3) Duality isn't even hosted on TFN.

4) DVGarage caters to a market that, almost by definition, has very little money to spend: Amateur filmmakers. It's not like there is a whole lotta money to go around.

Too bad though. It would be cool if he could at least get some income off the click-throughs on the DVGarage ads to help towards getting more band width.

Bogus thread.

3. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    <laughs> Get off the message boards, you moron.

-Chris

4. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Poor disgruntled Midi...someone's bottle is filled with spoiled milk this morning.

As Padawan Nick pointed out, Duality is not on this site anymore. But Dave Macomber and Alex Lindsey are both friends and I was happy to promote their Toolkits. I think they are doing a great service for the fan film community.

Oh, by the way, I did work on Duality. But since you have no clue what you are talking about, you wouldn't know that.

Come on, now claim I'm making money from the sale of Hardware Wars DVD. Perhaps from the sale of Semaj's DVD creation business.

BTW, it is spelled Yankey.

5. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Uh-oh. Someone made a stupid! Seriously though, how dumb was that????? :eek:

6. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    TFN is a labor of love for Jeff. He works his butt off to make sure this site is the best it can be. He tells us about dvGarage because it's a tool we can use and he's excited about the product.

HE MAKES NO MONEY FROM TFN, DVGARAGE or even DUALITY. Hell, he makes no money from me!

Jeff does a great job and we should be damn thankful we have him running the TFN Theater show.

And let me tell you, the quickest way to guarantee you'll never get a film here is to question the man's integrity.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I assume Jeff is doing the decent thing and waiting for a 'neutral' mod to lock this away to the vaults of obscurity :D

Anyway. Jeff, tell me more about this unique timeshare opportunity you PMed me about

8. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Now, who in their right mind would lock a thread where people keep jumping in and complement you?

I for one get more enjoyment from this free site that Jeff has created than almost anything that I've paid for.

Thanks again Azeem!!!
    (Out of curiosity...
    Did you happen to check the IP address on that post? It wouldn't have been from a coffee shop in Australia now would it?)

Have fun.

9. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Is this another one of the 'friends' TFN has collected over the years? :p

Pete

10. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    [face_laugh] Great thread, I needed a good laugh.

11. Sauja-Dupen

Sauja-Dupen Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 1999
    Although I found the original post disturbing (like "None of your bloody business buddy"), I found Jeff's response far worse.

Behavior unbecoming an Admin.

Just brush it off or spell out the facts Azeem. That kind of post only encourages the behavior many of us have been trying to squash out!

Sauja

Why isn't this locked?

12. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Not sure.

13. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I would assume by locking it, the more "paranoid" people out there would cry that it is just an attempt to "cover things up".

By letting it die it's own slow, eventual death, it sheds light on the utter absurdity of the post...

Indy

14. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Is this another one of the 'friends' TFN has collected over the years?

I bet it's SickLord :p

15. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    I'm not sure what post you were reading Sauja, but it seems to me that's just what Azeem did.

16. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    I almost didn't read this thread because I thought it was "TFN Fiancees"

So I was expecting a thread about how happy JediTAC, Niennumb and PixelMagic are in their lives right now ;)

Cya
    Mike

PS: I totally agree with that statement, I get more enjoyment out of this site than I do other sites I pay to go to.

17. darthsaber10

darthsaber10 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2001
    I think Azeem was just fine with what he said....It isn't like he said you mothe-nevemind.....he didn't swear....he didn't REALLY dig into the guy...and really, how would you feel it you were in his place?

18. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    And I like how MidiChloriFOOL hasn't shown his face since he wrote his insightful post in the first place. ;)

Cowards usually do things like that.

19. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    I *always* knew midichlorians were a bad idea. . . 8-}

20. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh man- I almost blew my soda out my nose when I read this one. Is this guy serious? Has he concidered the possibility that Duality got heavy billing back in the day because it was a landmark Star Wars fanfilm?
    <sigh>

Later- Jeremy

21. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Hey! let me rip into him too! This isn't fair let me get my hits in! Dangit TAC, move out of the way I want to kick his groin.

22. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I thought this post was going to be a serious one about the state of money the TFN Fan films server was in. I read that and laughed out loud, when will these newbie board members ever learn.

23. Sauja-Dupen

Sauja-Dupen Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 1999
    "Hey let's rip into him"

I think that illustrates my point.

Sauja

24. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Yes. Take it easy, WD. I mean, in the first place what this guy is suggesting maybe absurd but thats no reasing to wanna "hack into him". At least not to a certain extent...

Carl

25. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    LOL Wix...I thought it said TFN Fiancees too! Thats funny :).

And although this man is ignorant, obviously, we gotta treat him like a human, and humans say stupid things. Just give him a temp ban or something, OR IP check him and see if its out buddy "Bill". In that case, I think we all know what needs to be done.

Anyways, good job midichlorian, you've just been labelled stupid. I mean, why do you jump to such STUPID conclusions?

And TAC- MidichloriFOOL? LOL what the heo is THAT? Cmon, u can do better ;)

~Neszis~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.