TFN has a podcast

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by cinemafreak, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. Maybe this is a way in for us to get some love from TFN.
  2. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
  3. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to think so.

Review:
    Official music is used often, but never too much, and never too loud.

Brought to us by Eric.
    Just under 15 minutes

Explanation of Podcast
    Summary of ep
    News
    C3
    Folks outside Grueman's Theater
    Star Wars in 3D
    Making of Ep 3 Book - remember, most books and soundtrack contain spoilers
    Feature
    Darkhorse Republic 78 & 79
    Empire 35
    ROTS Trade Paperback mention (no spoilers)
    Commentary
    To read or not to read Matthew Stover's RotS novelization.

My Personal opinions:
    Not bad. I think they are easily on par with SWD. Great production value, easy on the ears, and just enough fanboy apeal, but never over doing it. Eric doesn't put too much of his personal opinions into it, unless its to say which of the Unleashed figs are his favorite, or weather he is spoiler free or not.

The show is spoiler free, which is cool as hell, since many may never listen otherwise. Though it should be advertised as such.

The definition of a podcast - falls under the typical trappings of bringing up iPods and MP3 players as a way for people to assume those are needed. I don't think they should even be mentioned, because of the bad stigma and assumptions that come with those.

It isn't nearly as geeky as TFN Digital was, and even that was enjoyable. I think it's a nice addition to your listening schedule.

The true test is to see what door this opens for audio. If they continue to blackball fanaudio, then I see this as either them trying to ride the wave that we've created, or someone up there realizes that maybe company policy isn't always the best...
  4. Sith_Messenger Jedi Knight

star 1
    Its simple and to the point. Cool addition to TFN.

Lets see if he can keep up the schedule he's planning. Not easy.

Has Rich said, a suprising move from TFN considering how they treated fan-audio in the past.
  5. InsomniaRadio Jedi Padawan

As a podcaster myself, I have to say this is THRILLING that TFN has entered the podcasting arena...

I'd like to offer just a touch of advice if I may regarding the id3 tag of the podcast...

Many pod-listeners use iTunes to filter new podcasts into a playlist...

It would help GREATLY to fans and listeners if you include the word "Podcast" in the genre tag..

Just a thought :)
    This is fantastic, keep moving forward...

Jason Evangelho
    Insomnia Radio: Kill Your FM
    http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
  6. DarthPodder Jedi Padawan

Wow!

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it!

Good idea about the "genre" tag. I use a non-iPod MP3 player, so I didn't think about that. I've just been using a drop-down list for the genre, and "Podcast" isn't in the list. I'll change that from now on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.