[TFN Main] Editors Wanted!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Joshua Griffin, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Joshua Griffin TheForce.Net co-owner

VIP
    star 4
    Hey gang,

I'm looking for two editors for TFN - we haven't looked for anyone in a while and I need someone to cover Episode III news and another writer to cover misc Star Wars news. The site is simply getting too big for the current team and quite honestly LFL has taken much of my joy away from the prequels work. I'm tired of only linking to the OS and having little/nothing original. That will change soon, but I've got to step back a bit.

If you're interested, please send an email to josh@theforce.net with your qualifications, in addition to basic info we'll want to evaluate you on. HTML skills are desired, strong writing skills a must. We'll teach you the ropes, work hard and long volunteer hours for fame and glory.

Something like that.

Josh
  2. gabe Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    This could be yours, fellas!

[image=http://www.idontfear.com/jc/modcheck.jpg]
  3. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Sounds fun. If I had more free time I might apply. :)
  4. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    question, What area would the editors take care of? Just prequel news or the SW world in general.

I myself would like a go at it but I have no HTML experience.

If there is a little on the job the training then I would be willing to go.

Perhaps some measure of a persons writing skill in a series of articles perhaps.
  5. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Hmm... I'll think about it.
  6. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Got the HTML skills and I am a college grad, I just might have to attempt this.
  7. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I'm interested. :)

UPDATE: And sent in my information.
  8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I'd love this job, but after school starts in about a month i fear i won't have much very much free time at all, so i'll have to turn it down.
  9. comet1440 Force Ghost

star 4
    is there an age requirement ? , if not I might apply . Im 14 , but I know HTML and am in honors english , with alot of free time in my hands , I might be able to do it .
  10. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    If you are in honors english, please act like it.

Anyway, I think it's cool that Josh is giving the oppurtunity for there to be more editors for the main site. Taking them from the forum community will make a nice bridge between main site and forums, and give equal oppurtunity to anyone interested.
  11. xie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Honors English, yet they don't teach you punctuation correctly.

Tsk tsk.
  12. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
  13. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Aww, put it back, Jeff. Your post had statistical proof.
  14. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    is there an age requirement ? , if not I might apply . Im 14 , but I know HTML and am in honors english , with alot of free time in my hands , I might be able to do it .

Honors English doesn't teach you that "alot" isn't a word? :)
  15. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Or how to properly use a space bar? :)
  16. comet1440 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just because im in honors english doesnt mean I have to type sophisticated all of the time .
  17. JediAtticusFinch Jedi Master

star 1
    However, if I wanted this job and I was in Honours English, I would post like I was in Honours English to impress upon Josh that I'm not just another AIM n00bie who types badly. :)
  18. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Just because im in honors english doesnt mean I have to type sophisticated all of the time .

You mean "type in a sohpisticated manner", though I don't think "sophisticated" is the right word.

Though this shouldn't turn into a Comet-bashing thread. I just thought it was kinda funny :)

PS: Don't make me call DarthDictionary in here...
  19. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Sophisticated != intelligent. Unfortunately, you are neither.

Anyway, I would imagine that Josh would want editors who are at least out of high school and have a job. That way he could know that they would work hard on the main site and not have other duties getting in the way quite as often.
  20. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    Ease up on the guy please - he's showing genuine interest in helping run the site.
  21. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Would an editor have to give Philip/Josh/TFN their name, address, and whatever else was on that form from months ago?

(I'm definitely not interested in becoming an editor, but this info may be helpful to those who are.)
  22. comet1440 Force Ghost

star 4
    Can someone explain why this thread has become a discussion on my typing ablities ? . This is sad , and I was flamed several times for no apparent reason , do you not have life's ? , places to go ? , people to see ?

23. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4

Sign up darthyy. He has in depth Episode 3 knowledge and will be able to stop the JC hacking in an instant.

BTW, I'll take on the Merchandising Books bit. All we need is one page saying "There are no off-spin books, comics or other Solo Baby containing silliness available."

Tada!

UKS
  24. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Would an editor have to give Philip/Josh/TFN their name, address, and whatever else was on that form from months ago?

Yes.

¤Night
  25. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    That's beautiful. Look, i love this site and all, but i don't love it enough to give my address to a stranger who could easily come by my house and chop my head off in my sleep and/or get me in trouble with the law simply because i would be typing stuff for them on the main page.

This site didn't need anyone's address when this whole fiasco got started and it still doesen't to this day. It's like everyone's telling me to get a tattoo when i only want a sticker. [face_plain]

Thank you, come again!
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.