main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN Main Page: 6 Different DVD Releases This Fall!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by darth-sinister, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Please, please just let the deleted scenes be added back in. [face_praying][face_praying]

2. MasterBigwon

MasterBigwon Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    PERFECT!! I am with XENOSKYWALKER! I want the same exact thing! The price being the main objective. C'mon GL how much $$ do you need?!? Give us "common" jedi's a chance. I would go as high as $29.99 for this box set of 12 dvd's. I'm in!!

3. JediRandy

JediRandy Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 21, 2002
    What a shocker. Hud is starting his GL is an evil Sith because he won't relese the O-OT.... Boo-Hoo. Does someone play the violen when you type this stuff, Hud?

Meanwhile you own copies of the OT.. and everyone with a computer and the ability to type: "E-B-A-Y" can get as many copies of it as they want....

And the Goverenment is upset with Lucas for not releasing the O-OT now? Is Lucas on Bush's "Evil-Doer" list? I know he's an evil-doer over in the Basher Sanctuary... but now the Government is mad because Greedo shot first! Wow. That's news. That should be on TFN's front page....

4. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0502

We've checked in with our retail sources, and have been told that Lucasfilm tentatively plans to debut Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith on DVD on 11/1.

Really bad marketing decision

5. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I will get Revenge Of the Sith, but I wont bother with the others. I have the OT 4 times as it is.
    I will just wait and see if there is a 6 box set and then thats it.

6. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    I'll probably buy the prequel trilogy,I got the OT in January.

7. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Really bad marketing decision

Why is that a bad marketing decision? Its a great marketing decision. About the time where everyone goes holiday shopping.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I need more information!

9. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    " Why is that a bad marketing decision? Its a great marketing decision. About the time where everyone goes holiday shopping. "

Because well I believe its too close to begin reselling the entire saga set. Since they make a new set ever few years, its getting old.

10. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    Wow......best debates I ever read were in this thread on the whole "release the OOT" issue.

11. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    29.99 for the box set of TWELVE?! Your kidding, right?! I mean, the OT box set with FOUR dvds was 50 bucks!

12. SkywalkerSoprano

SkywalkerSoprano Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I don't see the need to buy an uber six movie edition since I already have the other five films. The standard double-disc set of ROTS will do nicely.

But does it bother anyone else that the widescreen package of the OT is themed in silver and the widescreen package of the PT is themed in gold? It drives me nuts.

Although, I shouldn't be surprised. What would Star Wars be without continuity errors?

13. sithlord85

sithlord85 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    "No different! Only different in your mind."

http://www.chicagoforce.org/bb_view_thread.asp?t=97

14. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    sithlord85, that site stuff seems like **, those changes don't seem real at all. Oh well I'll wait until November or till MF posts something about it.

15. sithlord85

sithlord85 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    well it could be ** I did find it odd that it says the release date would be either this fall or may 2006 wouldn't George wait till 2007 for the 30th aniversary. Why isn't the scene with Qui-Gon in ROTS? But you know Some of those scenes they mentioned wouldn't be bad at all to see in the OT. Right now its just a rumor.

16. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    i agree sans wampa... but it looks more like a fanboys wishlist or something. I don't know, We'll have to wait till November.

17. XenoSkywalker

XenoSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I got it opening night at Best Buy for 31.99........and it came with a magazine, 2 free cokes and a popcorn. You should try to get it on opening night... it's usually the cheapest then... :)

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn... Iknow, i know, but U paid 50 bucks for it. :(

18. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    True, nicely said. It is just another way for him to make more money. Really, does he need it, he is worth $3,000,000,000.

19. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    if lucas liked his fans at all then he would know that most of them have already bought all of them on dvd indivdually and he should let the ones with all six send them back and get the one through six box set cause im gonna by ROTS and then ill have all 6 on dvd and what sucks is that I-IV box is gonna have like 76 hours of bouns and like 200 deleted scenes that im not gonna buy because then ill just have two of every dvd it so stupid!!! but all he cares about is money!!! it gets me so mad!!! :mad: like about a year ago i bought apollo 13 on dvd then like a month ago the came out with like the 10th anversery adition with like 15 extra hours of bouns features all that aren't on the one i have and im not gonna have both so im mad and lucas has enough money he should do that be kind to the fans for once!!

20. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    No doubt, did the same thing with LOTR. And Jaws, and Scarface. Damn.

21. ArthurClavin

ArthurClavin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 23, 2003
    The movie is the only special feature I'm concerned about.

AC

22. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    i dont care too much abou the O-OT, but out of respect for the elder i think lucas should release the
    O-OT with imporve sound and video but all the move blooper in. and than he should take the OT twisted and hammered as much as he wants till the six movie will look like a solid continious Saga.

23. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Wow, people complain a lot in here.

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's what Star Wars fans are known for.

25. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I'm getting a bit anxious now, for an announcement on a PT DVD Boxset. Especially now that the ROTS DVD release date has been announced. Are we gonna get a PT DVD Boxset at all?? I'm hoping it'll be released for Christmas, with an updated TPM with fully CG Yoda, of course!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.