main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN Main Page: 6 Different DVD Releases This Fall!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by darth-sinister, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_AM_IRON_MAN

I_AM_IRON_MAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    "Wow, people complain a lot in here. "

That's because there is a lot to complain about.

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    You should've been here during the 2 years before ROTS was released to theaters.

3. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    I seriously cant wait til the 6 pack is at Best Buy, considering it will be Halloween when the insanely obsessed will be waiting in line at every single store(I mean you have to be an idiot not to have a midnite release for this). I and gonna be in a Palpatine costume guarding the door making sure nobody enters or leaves;)

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    My guess is that Lucas will bypass a PT boxset in favor of a Saga boxset.

5. jedixesiria

jedixesiria Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    I am going to wait of the box set release so I can get it all in a set.darth-sinister do you now when that will be released?
    GGGOOODDD...

6. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I doubt he'll do that. He boxed TPM and AOTC when AOTC was released on DVD. He can't pass up the opportunity to release the PT as a Boxset, especially seen as the Saga Boxset won't be out until 2007. Some fans will have waited until now to buy all 3 prequels in a Boxset. Christmas is a really lucrative market for Boxsets, he must be well aware of that. The main selling point for the Saga Boxset will be further tinkering with the OT movies and more extras overall. I'd say/HOPE that with the PT Boxset the only thing he'll do is change TPM Yoda and maybe clear up the transfer. I REALLY hope I'm right on this.
    I'm beginning to wonder if TFN/comingsoon.net's initial report on 6 seperate SW DVD releases this Christmas is still correct, they were the ones who got the release date of ROTS right afterall. Maybe LFL are waiting to announce a PT DVD Boxset....

7. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    I'd say/HOPE that with the PT Boxset the only thing he'll do is change TPM Yoda and maybe clear up the transfer. I REALLY hope I'm right on this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope you're right about this. Yoda is in TPM for a short time and it would'nt be hard to replace the puppet with a CG Yoda for continuety value. After the work ILM have done on Yoda in AOTC and ROTS i'm sure it would be no great challenge. The puppet sucked. They should have used the origonal Yoda puppet. He's 900 years old, the gap between TPM and ESB could be no more than about 40 to 45 years, I'm gussing Yoda would not have looked much different in this time scale due to how old he already was, but TPM puppet just looked too young.

8. Emperor_Dantius

Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2005
    So, now we know that the PT and saga sets are NOT coming out in November (?)

9. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    It makes me almost feel ashamed.

10. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    Maybe they are holding off on announcements for a PT box set because they don't want sales for RoTS as a single DVD to suffer? (that is, if the box set comes out a month later)

As a fan thinking of other fans ideally I want to see RoTS as a single release and the box set for those of us who have none of the PT yet at the same time.

11. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    wait, no box-set?
    no way, but does anyone know the exact price of it(if its even released:rolleyes: )

12. SlytherinHouse

SlytherinHouse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2000

So long as there's not different bonus material on each set that comes out, I have no problem with it.

Sly

13. paul01

paul01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    Have to be honest i am more interested in the O.T bonus material such as deleted scenes new and vintage documentaries etc, and any new P.T stuff in any proposed boxset
    than the films at the moment
    I have the all the different editions already of the O.T on DVD and VHS
    plus the DVDs of the P.T and already preordered Sith
    I know there will be probably additions redoing special effects etc, but im not really interested in those.

Though I know I will end up buying it just for the collection

14. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    i doubt there having all those releases for it, non of tis is offical

15. LORD_MONSTROSITY

LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 23, 2004
    Oh yeah! I forgot... Revenge of the Sith.

So what's the word?

What exactly is coming out on Nov 1st?

16. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    the only confirmed thing is ROTS on november 1st

17. Odyssey_Miles

Odyssey_Miles Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    Don't be ashamed, it's nothing new. I frequent a message board for Prince fans: prince.org, and they're some of the most consistant complainers out there. Don't let it detract from your appreciation of the art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.