main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN Main Page news reporting

Discussion in 'Communications' started by keithabbott, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Guys, back in the day (you can see I've been visiting TFN since 1998) TFN did solid news reporting. Within the last year or so the news reporting has taken a nosedive. Is there a way that you guys can agree that it's in the best interest to report the news and not add all the extra personal commentary?

Too many times I read a news item and the person posting it will say what they think, for example "How cool is that?" and add emoticons. You guys are a source of news. Why not try and act more mature in your writing. TFN, last I checked, isn't a personal blog.

Can we get back to the way news used to be reported? Just the facts and/or rumours?

Thanks for reading.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately we have nothing to do with the TFN main page - we only handle the forums. There are contact details on TFN Main if you wish to bring your concerns up with the staff there.

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Someone may want to update the board description then:'

"Your questions, comments, and suggestions relating to the Jedi Council and TheForce.net. "

The key word being the last which gives the impression that this type of discussion can take place here.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    You can certainly post that here, but the Moderators deal with the forums and only the forums.

5. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Hey Keith, I get asked about the Fan Films section now and then but can't do anything with it either. I'm not sure what we could do about it but I wanted to say a fellow poster feels your pain. :p

6. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    We only manage the forums, that's correct. However if there is some sort of problem on the main page we do have the proper contact information to get things straightened out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.