[TFN] News Topics on TF.n Front Page

Discussion in 'Communications' started by superxero, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. superxero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Instead of saying "the official site" when reporting news like the new 3D thing, can you put "Hyperspace" somewhere in the title so I know not to click it :p Basically what I want is to turn this-

EP3: 3D Set Picture
    From the Official Site ...

-Into this-

EP3: 3D Set Picture
    Hyperspace Exclusive ...
  2. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Are you saying you want spoilers more clearly labeled, or that you want Hyperspace exclusives labeled so you don't click on the story and then realize that you can't view it.

Either way, this is Josh's topic, I'm just trying to clarify.

¤Night
  3. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I want Hyperspace exclusives labeled so I don't click on the story and then realize that I can't view it.
  4. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4

18 dollars.

Eighteen.

UKS
  5. Klix Jedi Knight

star 3
    ^Nonesense. It really comes down to people wanting to use their credit card. Some people don't like to use that kind of thing on the internet. I agree with the author. Hyperspace articles should be labled as such on the main page so the people who can't view them don't have to read the article to find this out.
  6. Semblance Jedi Master

star 4
    18 dollars.

What is this the price of? Hyperspace is now $40 American.
  7. superxero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, I want Hyperspace exclusives labeled so I don't click on the story and then realize that I can't view it, rather than assuming all things at the official site revolve around Hyperspace, or that maybe us non-Hyperspace customers can have something EPIII related other than a release date.
  8. Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Good idea. Its so bloody annoying to see a cool looking link, then get the memberlogin screen.

All they really need to do is start putting (Hyperspace members only) or somesuch in the topic.
  9. ilikeklix Jedi Youngling

I agree...i find it quite annoying reall....
  10. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    If you hover over the link, it shows up in the status bar on your browser: and if it has "hyperspace" in the link you know that its on hyperspace.
  11. Talonah Jedi Youngling

star 4
    If you hover over the link, it shows up in the status bar on your browser: and if it has "hyperspace" in the link you know that its on hyperspace.

Hmm. I never thought of that. Excellent point. That alone will make it easier for me, since I'm not registered on Hyperspace.
  12. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    "Official Site Releases Trailer for SW Trilogy DVD"

-> "Hyperspace Releases Trailer for SW Trilogy DVD" or something. PLEASE! It's annoying.

oh, but I think I know why: It's a free ad for Hyperspace! Crafty bunch [face_thinking]
  13. Semblance Jedi Master

star 4
    That story actually explains it's a Hyperspace exclusive right below the link on the main page.
  14. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    I haven't been on the main page of TF.N since April. I read the newsbox at the bottom of the forums and I know I'm not alone.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.