main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN Poll - How many stars do you give Episode II?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Vertical, May 17, 2002.

?

TFN Poll - How many stars do you give Episode II?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. 5 stars

65.2%
  2. 4 stars

23.2%
  3. 3 stars

6.4%
  4. 2 stars

3.5%
  5. 1 star

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
  2. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Five, all the way.

3. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    One, all the way. Down.

EDIT:
    As a movie, that is.
    I'm biased, 'cause I'm a SW fan.
    So I *could* have given it a 3 ;)

4. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Just so there's no confusion, polls are still off in this forum, but we feel that a poll of this sort could be useful in this forum, so this will be the *official* poll for your rating of this film.

Feel free to discuss your rating here!

Vertical

5. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    Episode 2 could not haqve been any better. It far exceded my wildest exoectations.

THANK YOU GEORGE!

Now I know how you old guys felt in '77, '80, and '83!

5 stars!

6. Tyrem2001

Tyrem2001 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    Would have given it 4... but since i saw it again last night... i give 5 stars. The second time was so much better!

7. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Its the most fun and entertaining of all the films, so I give it 5.

8. Jedi_Wannabee

Jedi_Wannabee Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    The 9 times i saw it MAY 16th i will give it 5 stars of 5. Damn good movie.

00:01
    03:00
    06:00
    09:00
    12:00
    15:00
    18:00
    21:00
    23:59

All shows 5 stars. YODA is fantastic.

Jedi_Wannabee
    Daniel

9. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    First screening - 4 stars.
    Second screening - 5 stars.

Yes, it gets better the second time.

10. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    If you saw it 9 times like that, you can't call yourself a wannabe anymore :p

11. ArtificialStupidity

ArtificialStupidity Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I gave it 4 stars, for even as the Movie was wonderful, fulfilling my expectations and saving the Saga from its death, it wasn't a perfect film. When the Prequel Trilogy is complete, I will probably have to give it the maximum score; yet as an individual stand-alone movie, it is not worthy of the 5th Star.

This poll is a great idea, Vertical - for I myself am too busy to read through all the reviews that have been submitted to Griffith's Review -contest thread; and 'thus it is very interesting to see the overall out-come of the opinions from the Fandom.

12. KeithFranklin

KeithFranklin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 1998
    Thank you Vertical...I was about to post a message asking why no Polls in the Spoilers Forum. Wanted to post just this poll (Though I was going to do it on a scale of 1 to 10, but this is fine)...

Thanks...

By the way AOTC was a 5 Star...Awesome

Anyone if you havent seen it more then one...It get better...Have seen it twice and it is even better the 2nd time. Same thing that I felt with TPM.

13. Treadwell71

Treadwell71 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    I agree jediguy...it did seem to get better with a second screening. 3 stars the first time around; 4 the second time.

Might be five after I see it tonight.

14. Knightstalker-

Knightstalker- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    4 stars on the first viewing
    5 stars on the second
    5 stars on the third

15. jjay

jjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 1999

10 stars for yoda
    5 for acting
    4 for plot
    9 for dooku
    3 for character development
    4 for dialogue reading (yep, they ARE READING from a script without emotions!!)
    10 for battle scenes
    5 for cgi overkill

avg is something like a 5 out of 10.

sucks for a great franchise.

TREKKIES have an upper hand

16. Raliegh-StClair

Raliegh-StClair Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    As a Star Wars fan, I give it 4.5 Stars (out of 5). It doesn't get 5 stars because I do think the romantic dialogue could have done better.

It might have been Ebert, but someone said it sounded like they were reading lines off of greeting cards to each other sometimes. I agree with that, and in fact it frustrates me because it would have only took just some MINOR adjustments to make it sound really great.

If they had just thrown in a little bit of spontanaety (sp i know) into the dialogue, so it didn't sound so stiff. I'm not talking the whole movie, I am just talking the romantic scenes. Other than that, I loved it.

I might give it 4 stars as a regular movie goer, because I honestly think this movie can only be TRULY enjoyed if you are familiar with the Star Wars universe. This movie is so rich in detail, I have seen it only once and I am trying to "process" everything I saw.

One of my friends, who has only seen Return of the Jedi, wants to see the movie in DLP in Plano, TX. After seeing the movie, I started thinking about what he would think of this. He would miss so many things- he doesn't know who Uncle Owen was, so he wouldn't get the impact of that scene. I don't think he would appreciate the gravity of the Tusken Raider scene. And on and on.

But, at the very least, its an entertaining movie that has a lot of entertaining sequences that everyone would enjoy.

17. Old Republic Royalty

Old Republic Royalty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 1998
    I actually liked the acting.

But, bad stuff:
    The entire droid assembly line scenes. "Just because you CAN do something with CGI doesn't mean you SHOULD."
    Yoda spinning through the air. (See above)
    3PO's bad, bad jokes.
    Dialogue, as usual.

18. KeithFranklin

KeithFranklin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 1998
    Keep this at the top

19. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    4 for the first time. 5 for the second. Amazing film. I don't think people should be focusing on the acting so much, since if you watch the OT many of the actors are terrible.

20. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    I saw the film last night with someone who didn't know if she had ever seen any SW movies. She wasn't sure. She sort of knew who the ewoks were, but that was about all she could remember.

She really liked the film.

Vertical

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    i give AOTC 4 stars. it's a wonderful film, w/ some iffy dialogue, but the plot, acting, & scope makes up for it. btw, i rate films on a scale from 1-4 stars.
    ;)

edit: i saw it last night w/ my brother, & he hated Episode One, he thought it was a really crappy film, but he really likes AOTC! he gave TPM one star, & gave AOTC 3 & a half. :D

22. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Nine times?

What were you on man!

:p

I gave it five because it really was the most entertaining of all the SW films, IMHO.

This is one that even the casual viewer would really enjoy, it has a bit of everything for everyone.

23. Fletch_NZ

Fletch_NZ Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    I gave it 3 stars.
    It's better than Episode I, but it's sure not as good as the original trio that I watched when I was growing up. There was nothing in this film so that I felt like it was a great movie experience when I had finished watching....Hayden's acting was very bad, and he and Padme had no chemistry. Damn, that Natalie is a babe though. Silly plot contrivance to have the monsters swipe at her tunic to give her this years 'bare midriff' look though......lol

What is the thing with Anakin's half brother? If this film takes place 10 years after the Ep I, wouldn't Shmi and Lars' son only be about 10 years old or less? He sure looked older than that. Maybe Lars already had a son?

Yoda was damn funny....lol. Most of the cinemagoers burst into laughter when he started bouncing around like a little basketball. The Sound of Music parody was funny too - Padme doing her Julie Andrews impression coming over the hill.
    I enjoyed the effects of the cityscape in the borrowed Fifth Element scene at the beginning - a lot of work must have gone into it.

The film itself was VERY grainy - noticeably so, especially in the internal scenes where there is a lot of shadow. I didn't expect this from a film shot entirely in digital. It was the same in the two different cinemas I saw the film in.

The second time I saw the film, I would have walked out because I was bored, but I paid my money, so thought I'd stick it out.

Lucas threw everything including the kitchen sink into the mix for this one as well as recycling the best bits from the old films, but, I dunno.....It's still missing the magic of the old films. There is no 'bad guy' in these ones to hate enough, so that you are ecstatic when the good guys win. And as Yoda said, "Victory? What victory?"

I'm not much a fan of CGI characters either. Feels like watching a computer game.

I'm still hangin' out for the next Matrix film.

Fletch.

24. Obi-Wan_Vader

Obi-Wan_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    5 stars. Awesome flick.

As I posted in the 1/10 rating thread, the average for ALL those ratings including the HORRIBLE ratings, after 237 ratings, is:

NOT BAD!!

25. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    5 stars.

i'd post my review, but it's reaaaaally long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.