main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO TFN Special on Arctic Heat Cooling Vests...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Arctic Heat

Arctic Heat has offered TFN visitors a discount on cooling vests that can be worn under costumes. They are normally $179, you can get them for $139 if you mention TFN when ordering.

After this weekend sweltering in costume, shoving bottles of ice down our shirts this could be a worthwhile if pricey expenditure.

Thought I would point it out to everyone.

I can think of about 100 other times I would use one of these...

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    so, how does it work? The white vest helps to absorb less heat from the sun. i thought it would have a cooling pak in it or something, that description confused me.

edit: never mind my ramblings , i found this in the faq : How do the Arctic Heat products work?

Arctic Heat Products contain a special, non-toxic, completely biodegradable viscose gel that absorbs water. Importantly, this gel retains it's temperature for long periods. University tests indicate that the gel keeps it's temperature for up to 3 times longer than similar products.

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    You can use it in the winter to stay WARM as well! Just depends on the temperature of the water you soak it in. You can even microwave or freeze it!

I gotta get one of these!

Working in the yard, summer or winter. Working on the car, playing in costume, out in the ministry on a hot or cold day, playing sports, etc...

Just so many ways this would be a great thing!

4. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    right now it would be a good thing to wear like a shirt durring the day, because is feels like california all day ling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.