main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN Submission response time?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Andross, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andross

Andross Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    I submitted my trailer some weeks ago, and I'm wondering when I'll hear back. Has anybody had any experience with this? How long did the response take? What factors did the "staff" use to accept or decline your submission? Or do they say? Is it just whatever reason they choose? Is there a vote?

The info says up to a month, if I recall. But I think I'm approaching that now.

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    As far as I know, they don't accept films for hosting on the basis of trailers alone. Unless the trailer is what you wanted to get hosted.

3. Andross

Nov 7, 2004
    Yeah. The trailer first, then the film later, when it's completed. That is, if it holds up to the trailer's standards.

4. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    What Funk is saying is, TFN does not accept films based only on trailers. They've had a bad time with accepting films when only a trailer is complete, and the film is then never finished. So now they only accept finished films, unless, as Funk also mentioned, the trailer is the finished film.

5. Andross

Nov 7, 2004
    Let me explain my situtation:

I want the trailer to be hosted, but not as a promise to host the film. When I complete the film within the next couple of months, I also want to submit that. Right now, I hoping the trailer will be hosted. It'd be a good way to promote the film before I release it. I submitted the trailer in hopes of getting the trailer hosted.

6. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    I submitted my movie about 2 monthes ago and they still haven't got back to me.

I don't know why, it was gerenally well recieved.

--Jamball

7. WeirdHat

WeirdHat Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2003
    Ditto, only with 1.5 months.

8. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    It usually takes somewhere between 2 months and 3 years. If it goes beyond that time, it's prolly not gonna make it.

9. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    I really want to see Jamball's fanfilm hosted.

10. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I want the trailer to be hosted, but not as a promise to host the film. When I complete the film within the next couple of months, I also want to submit that. Right now, I hoping the trailer will be hosted. It'd be a good way to promote the film before I release it. I submitted the trailer in hopes of getting the trailer hosted.

Unless the trailer is the final product, it will not be considered for hosting on TFN. Only finished films qualify.

(I suppose I should put a disclaimer that everything I'm saying here is what I remember from past situations. While it is entirely possible that I'm wrong, I doubt it.)

11. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    I really want to see Jamball's fanfilm hosted.

i can host it

12. AzerNik

AzerNik Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think Funk meant he'd like to see TFN host Jamball's film. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I agree.

13. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Miscommunication: the common theme of Star Wars geeks' lives.

14. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    What did you say about my mother?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.