main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN Theater Banner Submissions

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DaftMaul, Oct 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Apologies for posting this is the forum, since this message is only relevant to a few people.

To anyone who has a fanfilm hosted at TFN (sadly not a TEASER or a SELECT picture) please can you submit, or resubmit your TFN Banner art.

Click here for a Photoshop template that you can use, containing all of the mandatory elements of the design (baseline, typography etc) if you click on the link below the graphic you can download a layered photoshop file containing all of these elements, with a space/layer for your own graphics. If you don't have photoshop, then download the JPEG file above and use that as your template, and the type can be dropped in by us later. If you don't have the Trajan font (used for the name of your film and the production company) don't worry, this will also be dropped in by us.

Even if you have already submitted your artwork before, please do so again, since the typography for FANFILMS.COM etc has differed wildy from banner to banner. If your banner does not neatly 'fade off to black' on the right, then remember to submit a banner extension for us to use as well.

Please send your finished work to david@theforce.net and we will set about posting it at some point. Ideally every time someone clicks on the theater a new banner will appear, but failing this, they will be changed each week.

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Trajan is a commercial font, doesn't seem like one that would be ideal for something like that, since you'd have to edit every single picture that was submitted to you. Pick a free font everyone can get, like Alaska, which looks virtually identical to Trajan. Just my $0.02.

I'll see what I can whip up later today for "Conspiracy".

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    The free "Episode I" font bears uncanny resemblance to Trajan.

It was created by Davide Canavero of Boba Fonts.

Have fun Google-searching.

EDIT: I kant speel. :(

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Or Alaska, as I said, which is, as far as I know, the font used for the films.

5. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I have Trajan, but alas...I have only had a select pic hosted by TFN :(

6. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    I don't have that font, but screw it, i wanna use Courier New anyway. :)

-Chris

7. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    I have Trajan, Alaska, and EPISODEI and they all have variations as far as size and proportion

8. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Changing the font of the first 'submission' took me about twenty seconds, so relax about the font, it's only the image that is important.

9. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    I've had three new submissions - just a bump to see whether any other fanfilm makers missed this request over the weekend.

10. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I'm sure if you went by teasers and selects you'd have more submissions. Of course, I'm only saying that because all we have is a select, but I have a banner ready anyway...

11. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    yeah, but if you hosted the ones from the teasers and selects, you would be bombarded with a lot of movies that TFN will not host, which would in turn cause confusion for the audience who would not be able to find it on their site due to the filmmakers not completing the film or due to the film itself not being up to par...

So it has to be only the completed films and the full-length trailers I should think...

12. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Crunchy is right, and unlike my posts for 'select images' and 'teasers' I am not actually pleading for submissions this time :)

I currently have nine, so it isn't a problem if I recieve no more, I just want to ensure all of the fanfilm makers had a fair chance to see this request, and submit a banner if they would like to see their movie on the main header.

13. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, I've had enough submissions in and have implemented the change to the main site, so every time you visit, you should now see a new banner.

Big thanks to Anonymous Jedi for the coding help :)

Obviously if any TFN fanfilm makers read this and want to see their movie 'up in lights', just read the first post of this thread and submit your banner.

14. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Sweet! Love the random reloading!

15. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Speaking of Banners..
    If TFN has a banner they can or would provide me, I'll put it up on my site and direct some traffic this way. Since I belogn to these forums and am working on my own film, I'd be very happy to do this.

You can e-mail me the details. Thanks

16. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    "Sweet! Love the random reloading! "

Your welcome Daft, just a bit of JavaScript did the trick :)

17. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    I doubt I could dig up enough hi-res images of AQOF to make a banner at this time.

Can I submit an AQOF2 banner?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.