TFU 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Bounty Hunter Heshler, Jun 2, 2014.

?

Which do you prefer, TFU 1 or 2?

The Force Unleashed 13 vote(s) 81.3%
The Force Unleashed 2 3 vote(s) 18.8%
  1. Bounty Hunter Heshler Jedi Youngling

2. Volderon Force Ghost

star 4
    If by prefer you mean "want to kill yourself less" I would go with 1.
  3. Bounty Hunter Heshler Jedi Youngling

What do you have against The Force Unleashed series?
  4. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    The Force Unleashed 1

2nd one was terrible.
  5. Bounty Hunter Heshler Jedi Youngling

You know, I created this poll favoring the second one.
    I honestly thought back for a while today and realized why I thought that
    2 Was "flashier" with dual wielding and bigger force powers
    But 1, The story, the fights, the ship, the character development....I think I'm going to go play FU for a while now.
  6. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    Overall it was just a rather poor couple of games. The first one was passable, but dragged down by its flawed combat system and some mind-blowing stupidity in the level design, but the second one was a complete, unmitigated disaster.
  7. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    Where's the, "Although I haven't played either game, but it would have been a wise investment by Lucasarts to budget money towards the development of KOTOR III or the 1313 project, but alas it is Lucasarts we are talking about... move along... move along..." option.
  8. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    The first one has a good story and level variety, while the second one has more solid gameplay and slightly better graphics but feels incomplete due to its short length and story.
  9. sharkymcshark Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I felt TFU2's gameplay was more gimmicky - there were more enemies that you had to use QTE's to defeat and more enemies that were hard resistant to one of force/saber.
  10. spicer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Preferably neither. The whole story about Starkiller seems forced to me because it cheapens the concept of the Chosen One (Anakin/Vader), and also the character of Luke Skywalker. But if I'm forced to choose, then TFU 1.
  11. Alixen Force Ghost

star 4
    I enjoyed both, just for different reasons. I think TFU 1 takes the win, though, if only because it feels complete.
  12. Grievousdude Jedi Master

star 3
    TFU 1. TFU 2 was still good but too short and not as fun as the first game.
    Last edited by Grievousdude, Jun 7, 2014
  13. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9

Besides the fact that they're astonishingly stupid games?
    spicer and Zeta1127 like this.
  14. DarthSyverus Jedi Padawan

Always prefer the original it should have stayed ended with Starkiller's death they made a second one then Haden Blackman quits what a waste of a story that will never be finished.
    DarthSyverus threw 6-faced die for: 4 Total: 32
  15. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Just be grateful that as the EU has been wiped from existence, none of these abortions are considered canon anymore. Waste of a terrible story = not a concern.
  16. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    The first one is considerably better. The gameplay is somewhat repetitive (and the PC version was just theX-Box version ported over so the controls were awkward if you wanted to go the keyboard & mouse route) but the graphics are good and the acting performances were decent.

2 was obviously made as a cash-in, is too short, undermines the story of the first game & has an unresolved ending.

Plus the alternate reality stuff where Starkiller is the villain of the OT was good in the first game (fighting Luke on Hoth) but not available on PC for the second game.
  17. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

TFU were considered canon?
  18. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Less canon than the books under the EU tier system, but TFU 1 was a Lucas story idea rather than something appointed writers came in to do.
    It could be regarded as Lucas' version of how the Rebellion came to be & events that happened between ROTS & ANH which would make it more canon than any EU literature
    Ichor_Razor likes this.
  19. Ichor_Razor Force Ghost

star 2
  20. Jetedonne Pur-Pureus Force Ghost

star 4
    TFU 1 because it was a more complete package, in my opinion. Part 2 was certainly entertaining, but it was also far too short. The TFU series is one of my favorite Star Wars series thus far, though, and was cool simply for the amount of hype (and George Lucas' involvement) that came with it. The trailers of Darth Vader being slammed into a wall by Starkiller through the Force was some iconic imagery.