main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Th e Force Was Watching Over Siri Tachi Yesterday...

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    A lot of people were calling and asking if Jos is ok, as they know she works in Exeter. Which is the small town that made national news today due to a bank hostage situation.
    So she asked me to post this..

She had called to let me to let me know that she was leaving work a bit early and heading off to the bank in Exeter yesterday. When she got home, she said that she didn't go, cause "Something told me not to." She said she couldn't explain it...just a feeling not to go inside. but So she came straight home. She kept saying that she didn't know why, cause she really needed to go inside

Well, if she had, she would have been there right as a hostage situation went down and probably part of the hostages that were taken.

As we didn't watch TV last night, we didn't know about this until early this morning when first the local news reported it, then later when National News reported it. It was a botched robbery, the guy finally let one woman and baby go, but according to both news sources, would tell the rest of the women they could go one at a time, then when they started to leave, would grab them by their hair and drag them back inside. But he did let the men go, one at a time with no hassle.

The worse part was, according to the interview by the Head of the local Sheriff's SWAT Team,, is the bystanders, who came out of the woodwork to "watch what was happening." Their presence really aggitated the gunman, and they had problems keeping people back and they wouldn't leave. So, according to him, it made a bad situation worse and they were lucky there were no killings. (Gods, people are such idiots at times! Course that's another whole thread...people who impede police while they are trying to do their jobs!)

Anyways. The guy was finally captured by....CIGARETTES of all things. He wanted his smokes. The SWAT Head stated that the guy was yelling for cigarettes and when they took some to him, he was able to be captured. When they showed him being led out, he was grinning at the camera and laughing.

But, the good news is Jos wasn't there! (Thank the Force!) Everyone got out safe. And the bad guy was captured.

Lesson for today: Listen to that little nagging voice. [face_thinking]

Peace Out![face_peace]

Master K

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    "When you learn to quiet your mind you'll hear them speaking to you" -QuiGon
    Looks like Jos learned well!
    [:D] I am glad Jos is okay and that nobody else was hurt in the situation.

Lesson 1: don't hold up a bank
    Lesson 2: If you hold up a bank, don't tell them the thing you want most of all (that's how you get cuaght)
    Lesson 3: don't impede police!
    Lesson 4: Jedi rock...'nuff said. ;)

3. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    But it would have made a great book...

Oh, well, glad she's okay in any case.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Glad to hear she's okay!

Gotta love those voices in your head that persuade you to do something different...

Back when I was like 15, my dad heard the voices telling him to take my sister's car to work instead of his truck. My sister was bitching all day that she had to drive the Beast... until she got sideswiped by our school. Had she been in her car, she would have been killed. [face_praying]

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Holy Moley!

Listen to your intuition, indeed! Case in point! And I'm so glad she is safe and wasn't anywhere near that hostage situation! That is...amazing.

Can I use your story, Siri, in my next self-defense class? We talk about trusting one's intuition ALL THE TIME in those.

- Kai

6. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    I listen to that little voice too!!!!

Back in 2001, I listened to that little voice that told me it was okay to go to Denver to meet up with the crazy Jedi group that I had been talking to for a year. While there I met the Grey for the first time, and got invited to move to Denver. Again I listened to that little voice and moved to Denver with all my earthly possessions in the back of a 17ft Uhaul.

And low and behold, 2 years later I met the man who, last Sept, became my husband. I never would have met him had I stayed in Missouri.

Call it what you will, God, the Force, a Higher Power, when it speaks, LISTEN!!!!

Master Shan

7. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    *shifty*

Ooookay, I'm with a group that does what the voices tell them to.

Not that I don't.. (Shaddup, don't give us away!NO! He knows what he's doing, you get back! Bah, both of you don't know a THING!)

Ahem *straightens his tie* No respect, I tell you!

Besides, I guess it's like my high school teacher said, "It's okay if you talk to yourself, it's even okay if you answer yourself. It's when you start saying, 'what did you say?' that you have to worry."

8. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Just as long as I don't start hearing YOUR voices, Sid, I think we'll be okay. ;)
    Mine told me to come back to northern California. Good thing I listened.

9. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Oh my goodness!!

Thank the Force she didn't go outside!

10. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    "Never get outta the car... absolutely gosh durn right!"

Porklips Now 1980 ( a take off on Apocalypse Now by the same guy who did Hardware Wars)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.