main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Thank You All For Coming

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    I and the Crazy Old Wizard would like to thank everyone who attended the Star Wars Holiday Special even though they knew they might be forced to watch it, without being able to walk away.

In truth it had never been in the plans to show that "wonderful little film" I just thought that was a good title for the evening and then someone named Jerry said he could bring a copy. (Just as I had forseen.)

Originally Barry and I had simply wanted to have a Holiday gathering before people became too busy in the coming couple of weeks. But he wanted to surprise everyone with the meal. We had a 20lb turkey and Barry wanted to BBQ it since it is something he has not done since England. (Oh, and I remembered the other reason I did not think we would need more mashed potatoes last night after most had left...I had made a macaroni salad and forgot about it because I had Barry put it in the garage since I was out of room in the frig. That crazy wizard is not fond of macaroni salad either so it appears I will be living on it for a few days.)

This also means that since we had a 20lb turkey when Greg made a kind offer last week to donate a turkey I had thought he would give it to me frozen and I would use it for the group at a later date. Then he proudly shows me the bag containing the turkey Friday evening and tells me it is almost defrosted. (No, I did not once think of refreezing it to create another Toxic Turkey. One in Tulare County is enough, thank you.) I thank Greg because it was such a great offer and I had really thought about cooking it also for last night but really never had time. The turkey has now been roasted, however, and is a beautiful golden brown. I am going to freeze the cooked turkey and we will feast on it when Greg returns from his trip.

I am glad that we could all get together, even if for a little while, and am sorry that Josh and Tarah could not stay. I hope she had something done today. I have been in that sort of pain and know that it can make you feel helpless.

But for me the best part of the evening was the Holiday Special. The point when Lorenzo said that it couldn't really be that bad and he was sure he would like it a little because it was Star Wars. Watching the Bounty Hunter suffer through 'Life in the Chewbacca Home" was priceless. >>Note to Jango. When a Sith Mother tells you something is bad, believe her.<< I do applaud him for lasting about 30 minutes. Next year we go for 35 minutes, huh Lorenzo?

Also, don't forget you said you wanted a copy if we could ever find one.[face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

So, after spending almost 11 hours on the go yesterday bewteen last minute shopping, massaging a turkey, baking pumpkin cookies which are almost gone, making a macroni salad that never got eaten, moving the table and discovering I could not find my tablecloth, coring, stuffing, and roasting onions, baking a ham, forgetting to bake cornbread for the dressing, checking the internal temperture of the turkey, assuring Barry that everything was going to be fine, sending him to the store for a few last minute items which included a tablecloth because the only piece of fabric I have here that would have been big enough is for Vader's cape, trying to keep Sid'ious and Luke out from under my feet, washing a lot of dishes, finding out I need more large bowls and serving spoons, and never eating until everything was done and we were sitting at the table, I slept in this morning. But I would do it again. (I think the wizard would also. He slept in as well this morning.)

Liz, thank you for the pies. I had another piece tonight as I do like pumpkin. Lorenzo thank you for the stuffing, that was very nice. I do think though in the future that Ariel should not be given the Bud Light before she goes spinning in the chair.;) (No Josh, that was only 7UP in her cup. It was just the first plastic cup we grabbed.) And Cheryl, again thank you for the gift. I wore the whole set today, adding my leopard print jacket. Between me and Skippy's new re

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    < I am glad that we could all get together, even if for a little while, and am sorry that Josh and Tarah could not stay. I hope she had something done today. >

she in theory had her nerve deadened today. in reality, i don't think it feels like it. last i talked to her, she was still in excrutiating pain. :( here's hoping it feels better tomorrow.

< Also, don't forget you said you wanted a copy if we could ever find one>

oh, i'll bet that could be arranged. within days. just in time for christmas, lorenzo... fun for the whole family!

< the only piece of fabric I have here that would have been big enough is for Vader's cape >

that does not even bear thinking about.

(oh, and you are most welcome)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.