main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thank You George.com

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I got this email today, I thought I'd pass it on to everyone, maybe we can put this on a flyer and pass it out at the midnight show. let me know what you think.

Attention FanForce Leaders:

A fan movement has been started with the goal of thanking George Lucas for Star Wars. You may have seen the story on TheForce.Net:

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/story/Thank_You_George_A_Million_Times_Over_91729.asp

ThankyouGeorge.com has been set up to collect the signatures of Star Wars fans. Later this year, we'll be presenting a bound copy of the letter to Lucas as a heartfelt symbol of our gratitude.

We'd like to reach one MILLION signatures, but cannot do that without your help. We're doing our best to spread the word, and the media has picked up the story (including an upcoming Entertainment Weekly story, BBC interview, etc.).

Would you be willing to help spread the word to your fellow FanForce members? If so, here are some ways that you can help us reach the goal of one million fans thanking Lucas for Star Wars:

Sign the letter yourself. If you'd like, share your story along with others. You can upload SW pictures, too.

Post a message on your forum encouraging the fans in your area to sign

Email your friends with the "ThankyouGeorge.com" link and ask them to help

Place a ThankyouGeorge.com banner on your blog, website, or signature file. There are different styles and sizes available from:
    http://www.thankyougeorge.com/index/banner-ads/

Hand out ThankyouGeorge.com fliers at movie theaters, FanForce meetings, etc. Available from:
    http://www.thankyougeorge.com/index/spread-the-word/

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me.

Thank you for your help!

2. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    I thought I read something on theForce.net that they already had reached a million. No matter. Sign up anyway. I ran into a team at C3 that had "ThankyouGeorge" buttons and were passing them out to everyone within arms reach.

3. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I think everybody ran into those dudes at C3.

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    According to their website they only have about 6,444 signatures, so they have a long ways to go.

5. dead_jedi666

dead_jedi666 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    ...I signed it! If I didn't there would only be 6,443.
    :)

6. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    LOL, dead. That's pretty funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.