main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Thank You~ J/J/K Angst ***UPDATE*** 19/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Title: ~Thank You~
    Author: GoddessJainaSoloFel
    Characters: Jag, Jaina, Kyp, Tahiri

Author's note: Originally this was going to be a songfic but as I worked on the text, I realized that I wanted to expand on the story a little more so I removed the lyrics from the text but I'll include them here. The lyrics belong to Simple Plan and are from the song Thank You. And of course any characters or other Star Wars related material does not belong to me, but to George Lucas. I'm making no profit but am just playing with his toys. I'll put them back when I'm done. :)

THANK YOU

I thought that I could always count on you
    I thought that nothing could come
    Between us two
    We said as long as we would
    Stick together
    We?d be alright
    We?d be ok

But I was stupid
    And you broke me down
    I?ll never be the same again

So thank you for showing me
    That best friends cannot be trusted
    And thank you for lying to me
    Your friendship, the good times we had
    You can have them back

I wonder why it always has to hurt
    For every lesson that you have to learn
    I won?t forget what you did to me
    How you showed me things I wished I?d
    Never see

But I was stupid
    And you broke me down
    I?ll never be the same again

When the tables turn again
    You?ll remember me my friend
    You?ll be wishing I was there for you

I?ll be the one you miss the most
    But you?ll only find my ghost
    As time goes by
    You?ll wonder why
    You?re all alone

So thank you- for lying to me
    So thank you ? for all the times
    You let me down
    So thank you- for lying to me
    So thank you- Your friendship
    You can have it back

~~~~~And without further adieu here's the first post~~~~~

Part 1

Her X-Wing?s engines whined and then were silent as she completed cycling the fighter?s shutdown sequence. Jaina pulled off her helmet and gloves and stowed them away. She popped open the canopy of her fighter and then sat back a moment taking a deep calming breath. She?d been away on an assignment for the Jedi Council and had been eager to get back to Mon Calamari. She wasn?t used to going out on her own, not that she wasn?t capable. She just found the time lonesome without the comm chatter of her squadron flooding her cockpit. To avoid driving herself crazy, she spent most of the hyperspace flight time in a Jedi trance. Jaina had been gone nearly a month and was aching to get back to her family, friends, and to the one person who seemed to occupy her every thought, the first person whom she?d think of when she woke and the one whom she?d dream of every night.

She absently twisted the band on her finger, and then Jaina sighed and thought, soon, I'll be with him soon. She stood and stretched feeling the familiar tingle that seemed to penetrate every muscle in her body after a long flight cramped in her cockpit. With no effort, she jumped down from her ship and landed without a sound on the duracrete below using the Force to cushion her. Oblivious to everyone and everything in the landing bay, Jaina made her way to the main doors and out into the busy hall beyond.

Jaina?s mind was already drifting away from her as she reached out with the Force searching for him. She sensed him and began to make her way towards their quarters. With each step she took, Jaina became more aware of a tingling sensation at the back of her neck. With a growing sense of dread, she stretched out again with the Force. Jaina moved on, not knowing what she?d face when she reached her destination. She only knew? he was not alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's very short but I'm going to put up a second little post to get things moving :)

Please read and review! This is my first Fanfic and any and all constructive critisism is welcome!

~Goddess Jaina~

2. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Part 2

She captured his lips once again with hers in a deep kiss, his tongue dancing with hers, caressing, exploring. His hand slid down her back and came to rest on her hip. A moment later, he pulled her to him, delighting in the sensation of her soft, silky skin against his as her body folded into him. He drew his lips away from hers only to trace wet kisses along her cheek till he found her ear. He captured the flesh at the base of her ear between his teeth and nibbled playfully. He was rewarded with a groan as the woman beside him fought to turn her face toward his so her lips could again claim his. He released her lobe and she could feel his warm breath in her ear as he whispered, ?I love you.?

?I love you, too,? she managed to breathe, ?but what are you going to tell her??

?Apparently he won?t have to tell me anything!? Jaina spat. ?I believe I?ve seen and heard quite enough already!" She stood at the bottom of the bed, their bed, her bed. She felt the heat rising as her blood threatened to boil. She heard the Dark whispers she?d fought to ignore since Myrkr more clearly then she ever had before, but now she held them at bay. She felt the stinging in her eyes as they began to moisten. This was a battle she knew she could not win but she wouldn?t let him see her cry. Not now. She tugged the band from her finger and pitched it at him, and then she turned and ran from the room.

~

Both of them jumped and pulled at the sheets, her sheets, to cover themselves, startled by Jaina?s voice and presence. As he looked up at Jaina, his green eyes still wide with shock, something small and shiny hit him squarely in the forehead. Then in a heartbeat, she was gone and silence echoed through the room.

He looked down and found the object which had struck him. He picked it up and turned it over in his hand. It was a delicate thin band with several sparkling jewels imbedded in an intricate design. It was her engagement ring he?d given her months ago, not long after the end of the war.

He glanced at the woman still sharing his sheets and she watched as he continued absently turning the ring over in his hand. ?I have to go after her,? he finally managed to stammer, trying to avoid meeting her eyes. He climbed out of the bed, threw on his rumpled clothes, and crossed the space to the door in one fluid movement, not looking back as he left. He knew where he?d find Jaina and slowly made his way to her wondering what he could possibly say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please let me know what you think! I'll post more this week!

~Goddess Jaina~

3. Alian_Invader

Alian_Invader Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2004
    I get the first reply! I'm number one!

I like this so far. I really hope that was Jag in bed with someone else and not Kyp.

Can't wait to see more!

Alian_Invader

4. Somethingaboutme

Somethingaboutme Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2005
    That was GREAT!! I so want to know who it was!!

Jag or Kyp, Kyp or Jag??? Question of the century!

Tell me in the next post? Post soon?

Puhleeeeeease????

5. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm hoping that's Jag...

Interesting start.

Den

6. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Oh my... yes very interesting start. Looking forward to the next post.

~~Jilly

7. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Very promising start!

I think I know who was in bed by the character list, so I hope I'm guessing right. :)

I never heard the song, but the lyrics are good when you like angst! ;)

Waiting for the next post.

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Ooh, interesting!

Dana

9. Kendor

Kendor Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    Very good!! Sorry Goddess Jaina but I haven't finished the NJO so who the hell is Jag???!!LOL Anyway I can't wait to see the end!!!

two thumbs up!!!

10. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    GoddessJainaSoloFel:Great work so far GJSF. I am very excited to see where you go with this.

Kendor:Jag is the son of Baron Soontir Fel and Syal Antilles(Wedge's sister). He came to the Known Regions with his squadron of Chiss. When we first met him he was pretty uptight and cocky but slowly over the NJO he began to fall in love with Jaina and now he's a little more relaxed, definitely more affectionate when he is alone with Jaina. I don't really want to give to much away about their relationship before you have a chance to finish the NJO.

11. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Oh, wow.

Was Jag the one cheating on her?

Was he cheating with TAHIRI?

I'm waiting for more!

12. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Wow, first of all I'd like to thank all of you for reading and responding. You've really encouraged me to continue! :)

Alian_Invader I get the first reply! I'm number one! *Throws confetti and cheers*

I like this so far. I really hope that was Jag in bed with someone else and not Kyp. I'm really happy you like it! :) You won't have to wait too much longer to find out who was in the bed ;)

Can't wait to see more! You won't have to wait too long! :)

Somethingaboutme That was GREAT!! Thank you so much! [face_blush]

I so want to know who it was!! Jag or Kyp, Kyp or Jag??? Question of the century! I'm glad that I was able to create some suspense! :D

Tell me in the next post? Post soon? I just might do that! ;)

Deneveon I'm hoping that's Jag... You'll see soon!

Interesting start Thanks! :)

JainaDurron Oh my... yes very interesting start. Looking forward to the next post. Thank you. I hope you enjoy the next post too :)

Marianne_Solav Very promising start! Thanks, I hope the rest lives up to the start! *chews finger nails nervously*

I think I know who was in bed by the character list, so I hope I'm guessing right. Well you do know who I tend to like better so... chances are that you're right, but it'll be our little secret, for now ;) :)

I never heard the song, but the lyrics are good when you like angst! :eek: You're a fellow Quebecer and you haven't heard their song! *Gives a CD to Marianne_Solav*

Waiting for the next post. Soon, I promise!

DantanaSkywalker Ooh, interesting! Thanks for reading! Hope you like the rest! :)

Kendor Very good!! Thanks!!

Sorry Goddess Jaina but I haven't finished the NJO so who the hell is Jag???!! :eek: You must read the series!!! You don't know what you're missing!!!

I can't wait to see the end!!! two thumbs up!!! Thanks [face_blush]

JediJainaSoloFel Great work so far GJSF. I am very excited to see where you go with this. Thank you! :) I'm excited to see where this goes as well although I do have some idea as to where it's headed ;) And thanks for summarizing Jag for Kendor. I appreciate the help! :)

Smuggler Shidakis Was Jag the one cheating on her? Maybe it was Zekk and I just wanted to throw everyone off by not including him in the character list ;) Muahahaha

Was he cheating with TAHIRI? who?!? ;)

I'm waiting for more! I think you aren't the only one! ;) :)

Thanks again to everyone for reading! I'm planning to put up the next post on Wednesday February 2nd in honour of my birthday :D The next three posts are ready but I want to space them out a bit so I have time to keep writing!

13. Dganin

Dganin Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    good start GJSF...

I especially like the suspense as to whom it was she WAS engaged to...

cya,

D

14. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    WOW great job!!! I love it!

I think it's Jag. I'm not sure about Tahiri though...

More soon please?

Gwenevere @};-

15. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Wow, more readers :D Thank you for reading and responding!

Dganin good start GJSF... Thanks! I hope you will like the next post as much!

I especially like the suspense as to whom it was she WAS engaged to... Well you'll find out tonight who the guy was ;)

Jaina_Solo_16 WOW great job!!! I love it! Thanks! :)

I think it's Jag. I'm not sure about Tahiri though... Ah, you'll find out tonight ;)

Thanks again to everyone who's read and responded. Also to the lurkers out there, thanks for reading! I'll put up the next post this evening when I get home from work :) See you all tonight!

~Goddess Jaina~

16. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    As promised, here is the next post! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 3

The night air was cool but Jaina didn?t notice as she sat near the edge of the roof of the building she called home, overlooking the water below. She hugged her knees to her chest her breathing sporadic and the pain within her unbearable. Her hair was matted and some stray wisps were stuck down to her tear soaked cheeks. She rocked herself back and forth still in stunned disbelief at what she?d walked in on. One question echoed through her mind? Why?

?Why?? she cried out into the empty night.

Memories began to flood her brain, driving her emotions into overdrive once more. As a fresh wave of tears started to fall, blinding her to everything around her, she couldn?t block the images that she saw in her mind. It was as though she was watching the last couple of years of her life replay before her in fast forward. She saw him for the first time again on Hapes, then remembered the first kiss they had shared hidden away in a conference room on Borleias. She remembered flying with him as one of her wingmates, the parties they went to after successful sorties, the more intimate rooftop picnics they had shared. Then she remembered their encounter on Zonama Sekot just under a year ago when she had tried to cut him loose and he had convinced her that they could make their relationship work even if they would only have brief encounters at a time and that they were still chasing their goals. Then she remembered the celebration dinner he?d arranged for her when she was given a seat on the Jedi Council. That was the night he?d asked her to marry him, the night she thought her life had suddenly felt complete, the night she had finally given herself to him.

Jaina became aware of an approaching presence and wished she could will him away. She had nothing to say to him and didn?t care at that particular moment if she never saw him again. She looked up and vaguely made out the door to the roof opening through her still blurred sight. She pushed her hair back off of her face and dried her eyes and cheeks on the sleeve of her flightsuit. Jaina stood and her hand hovered momentarily over the hilt of her lightsaber, then her self control kicked in and she instead crossed her arms in front of her.

Jag hesitated when he saw Jaina standing near the edge of the roof. He didn?t seriously think she?d jump but he?d never seen her quite this upset before. A wave of guilt washed over him. He took another tentative step toward her.

?That?s close enough, Fel!? she said sharply. She watched as he hesitated again and thought it was a good thing that there wasn?t anything on the roof she could throw at him.

?Jaina, we need to talk,? Jag said simply, looking more unsure of himself than she?d ever seen him.

?What do you want, Jag? Jaina sighed. ?Do you think you would just come up here and make it all better? What do you think you could possibly say that would make me feel I could find it in my heart to forgive you? I think you?re wasting your time and mine.? Jaina paused for a moment and then carried on, ?I should have known. I should have seen the signs staring me in the face! So, I?m the fool!? Her lip quivered, so she drew it between her teeth.

He stood with one hand on his hip. He ran the fingers of his other hand through his black hair and then cupped his chin as though in deep thought. ?Jaya, how-?

?Don?t call me that,? Jaina barked, cutting him off, a fresh ripple of rage rushing through her. ?You want to know how I could have known?? she gave him an incredulous stare. ?My first clue should have been when you called me by her name the last time we made love! You didn?t even realize you?d done it and I just never said anything, thinking that there had to be some other reason, some mistake. Well now I know better! I was mistaken to think I ever meant anything to you!?

Jag was absolutely dumbfounded. ?Jay, I-?

?Don?t call me that either!? Jaina cut him off again. ?You can address m

17. Dganin

Dganin Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    hmmm.

Well, GJSF I am not sure.

You did a good job with the angst, but making us wait to find out whom Jag was cheating with might be drawing it out a little bit.

Good job with the emotions, and Jaina is definitely acting to character.

It would be really twisted if Jag was cheating on Jaina with his Chiss wingmate....

18. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    you are killing me ......

part 1 .. part 2.. part 3.. I want more.. I need more o_0

can't wait to see part 4.

you know if this goes on, you could write an e-book as a prequel to the Post NJO serie. ^_^

let's get Shelly in here now shall we ^_^

19. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Thanks for letting me know you updated. :) And for the cd! :p I'll try to hear that song. I don't listen to the radio enough, I guess.

Nice post! But Jag isn't!

Jaina stood and her hand hovered momentarily over the hilt of her lightsaber...

You go girl! ;)

I can't wait for Kyp to enter the picture! :D

20. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    I told you it was Jag!

Gwenevere

21. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Jag... :mad:

You little.....*growls*

*brightens* When will Sithie come?

22. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    :D Looking forward to more.

~~Jilly

23. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Thanks again to everyone who've read and responded, and to all the lurkers that are out there too! :)

Dganin You did a good job with the angst Thanks!

making us wait to find out whom Jag was cheating with might be drawing it out a little bit. Ah, patience! You will find out who else was in the bed in the next post :D

Good job with the emotions, and Jaina is definitely acting to character. Thanks! I really enjoy writing Jaina, though some of the other characters are proving to be a little harder to write. I hope that I'll be able to stay true to their personalities when it comes time to include them in the story :)

It would be really twisted if Jag was cheating on Jaina with his Chiss wingmate.... It would be and I can tell you now that she wasn't the other person in the bed ;)

Uilmuteiz you are killing me ...... It's not intentional :p

part 1 .. part 2.. part 3.. I want more.. I need more o_0 can't wait to see part 4. Glad to know you'll be sticking around for more! :D I'm happy you like it!

you know if this goes on, you could write an e-book as a prequel to the Post NJO serie. ^_^ let's get Shelly in here now shall we ^_^ Well I think that's a bit of an exageration, but thanks! ;)

Marianne_Solav Thanks for letting me know you updated. And for the cd! I'll try to hear that song. I don't listen to the radio enough, I guess. I intend to PM everyone who responds to let them know the next post is up. And you're welcome for the cd ;) I've never heard that track on the radio but the first time I heard it when I listened to my cd, I thought about this idea for a story and it just stuck with me :)

Nice post! But Jag isn't! Naughty Jag...bad Jag! :D Oh, and thanks! :)

Jaina stood and her hand hovered momentarily over the hilt of her lightsaber... You go girl! That is probably my favorite line in this segment :D Glad you liked it too!

I can't wait for Kyp to enter the picture! Yeah, me too! *sigh* [face_love]

Jaina_Solo_16 I told you it was Jag! And you were right!!! :D *cheers*

Smuggler_Shidakis Jag... You little.....*growls* *brightens* When will Sithie come? Bad, Jag, bad!!! :D You'll have to wait and see when he makes an appearance ;) ....soon ;)

JainaDurron Looking forward to more. I'm looking forward to writing more. The next post is almost ready and will be posted by Monday night. After that the thread may slow down a little as I want to rework the following post and I'm suposed to be co-writing another story as well which I've neglected lately. I'm glad you're sticking around for more! :)

24. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    YAY! It's Jag!! :D :D

Stupid Jag. Oh well, it's his loss. :p

VERY nice post. I loved it. I'm also looking forward to see Kyp make his appearance. ;)

Thanks for the PM, by the way. I definitely going to be following this story.

Den

25. Dark_Jaina

Dark_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    Jag is so stupid! STUPID!

How could he do that to her?

Does'nt he know better than make a Jedi angry or sad?

And who is the girl that took him away from Jaina?

She should be punished, slowly. ;)

Post more soon? Yes?

-DarkJaina out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.